IGNORED

Multiple entries by air

PBear66

As the title suggests, is there any issues with leaving and reentering Thailand, using up your 30 day tourist visa then visiting a neighbouring country then returning.

For example, Thailand 30 days, flight to Cambodia stay a few days, return Thailand another 30 days, flight to Vietnam stay a few days, return to Thailand another 30 days.

In other words 3 month trip.

Flight from UK returning 3 months later must have proof of 2 internal return flights to Cambodia and Vietnam for Thai immigration? Am i correct? 

Many people have no issues but they occasionally flag up people who do this. Generally, it’s ‘get a Visa next time’ rather than refusing entry but it has happened.

As regards the second part, it again can vary. Check-in staff do, quite often, raise the visa issue but people sometimes have no issues. Yes, a confirmed booking out of Thailand within 30 days will deal with any issues at check-in.

It’s easy to get a SETV at a Consulate in the UK though. This gives you 60 days, which you can extend for another 30.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

No problems at all.. I generally do 30-35 days.. trying to maximize the 30 days on my monthly rentals and balance that with best flight prices. I do a side trip some time in the middle to reset the clock. Gives me an excuse to visit neighboring countries to see if there is potential for extended trips in the future.. So far.. nothing like Patts!

Archived