Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Looking for long term lease in Jomtien

elbenvillas

I am looking for a 2 bedroom 2 bath condo, preferably highrise near Thappraya/Beach Road Jomtien, at least 120 sqm. Budget is open but will try to hold it between 25K to 35K per month, depending on the unit.

Will also look at larger one bedrooms at least 90 sqm.  One year lease and could sign a two year lease.  Prefer dealing with expat owners.  We had found what we wanted but the thai old landlady from Bangkok wanted 3 months security deposit.  First agreed on one month deposit, then a day before lease is to be signed sticks to 3 months.  We thought she would be difficult to deal with in the future, still offered 2 months deposit but a no go.

Any recommendations.

Thanks

EZ

Try Adrian @Luxury Properties Pattaya on here. They are a genuine company who not only offer Addicts members discounts but they really do have your best interests to heart and are not chasing commission!

You could find a far more cheaper rent than 25-35 k a month in Jomtien ... best thing is , book a month hotel or guesthouse and shop around and see the condo for yourself rather than book the condo long term without seeing it at first . 

actually have lived in central pattaya for over 2 years now.

familiarized myself with jomtien, interested in mainly thappraya/beach road area.

May work out with landlady from bangkok mentioned in my first post.  Asking was 35, now  it is settled at 26K per month, three months security (wanted to give less, but this was a deal breaker). and pay month by month.  two bed/2 bath, 2 year lease 18th floor Building A, decent enough views between View Talay 7 and 5 .  Apartment is 126 sqm, modern furniture, layout is good, and it is the best we have seen after looking at around 8, View Talay 8, Metro Jomtien and Jomtien Plaza Condotel.

Fingers crossed, agent gone to have the seller sign in bangkok, and we sign tomorrow.

Landlady will provide a few extra items, along with a convection oven, so it may all turn out okay after all.

ez

i agreed to the three month deposit on the 2 yr lease at 26k month, as this was the only one i liked and the wife liked. Jomtien complex l8th floor corner unit, 2 bed 2 bath 126 sqm with all new furniture and appliances.

Landlady signed already, we sign tomorrow morning and give the first month and the deposit money.

Had looked at around 7 units, didnt like any and the ones that we liked were priced way over market.  Same unit as the one we are getting in the same building just a few floors higher asking 40K and says non negotiable, so we think we got a great deal here.

ez

Just now, elbenvillas said:

i so we think we got a great deal here.

ez

Say that when you try to get that deposit back. Surely there is a reason why she wanted 78k for deposit. I wouldn't pay 3 months depo for condo, maybe 2months for the house.

Depending upon how many rental properties she owns, wouldn’t a three month security deposit violate the new laws regarding leases? 

dont know how many she owns.  its a done deal, the rent is much lower than what others are asking, usually 35K to even 40K.

Older lady who wouldnt budge regardless,  so i figured i would just pay the three month deposit, and go for it.  The wife liked it so much, and sometimes we do things we dont want to do ourselves but to make others happy.

and we are genuinely going to stay there for 2 years or longer so it all works out in the long run.

ez

On 9/12/2018 at 05:03, manni2011 said:

Depending upon how many rental properties she owns, wouldn’t a three month security deposit violate the new laws regarding leases? 

Yes it would.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

found out that my new landlady owns 3 properties, two in pattaya and a house she lives in herself in bangkok.  So apparently the new law wouldnt apply to her.

Regardless, 3 months deposit paid on a 2 year lease at a bit below market i think, but condo is what we wanted.  Saw quite a few and this is the only one we liked.

ez

Archived