IGNORED

Suits

klutztheduck

I know I know, I've read about being scammed online before in Thailand for suits but I am interested in getting at least 1 tailored suit while im in Thailand. Is there any place in Pattaya someone can recommend? Is Thailand actually a good place to buy a suit?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

The so-called 'tailors' are mostly just fronts for factories which actually make the garments.

The tailors do measure you and they do have fabric samples for you to choose.

Then they send the order to the factory which makes the garments.

In two to three days your suit is delivered.

Certainly if you want a mid-quality suit for everyday wear these are fine. When I was working, before I retired, I had many suits from Thailand - Bangkok and Chiang Mai.

I did read but have no way of knowing if it's true or not that media billionaire Rupert Murdoch gets a couple of suits made in Saville Row, the home of London's most exclusive tailors. He then sends them to Hong Kong to have them copied exactly at a fraction of the price.

His wife asked, "You are one of the richest men in the world. Why do you do this?"

He explained, "That is why I am rich".

Me, I get trousers, shirts and casual clothes Made in Thailand. Always require a fitting. Check the seams, stitching and the way such parts as buttonholes are finished. Prices are normally less than half of Australia.

I didn't even think of that but I will definitely be buying trousers and shirts. It's gotta be cheaper than the states and if I can get them tailored, it's even better. Thanks for the advice.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

I've had a couple of suits made in Pattaya. They were good and just £80 (about 4,000 bt) each. They would have cost 5 times that in UK.

I think the shop was called King's (or Harry's ?) in Walking Street. It was run by a couple of old Sikh guys. But it has closed and last time I went to Patts  it was a disco.

I've had 8 suits made in Pattaya over the last 5 years - wear them to work and they're all still perfect after dry cleaning and regular wearing etc

Paid 5000 baht a time and used a couple of tailors - Royal John opposite Areca Lodge on Soi Diana and AMA Fashion on Pattaya Klang near the junction with Second Road

I think AMA fashion is probably superior - bigger shop with a bigger range of fabrics etc plus they can do some basic tailoring  work in the actual shop.

Allow 2 fittings at about 2030 minutes each and 5 days for completion.

• 1 month later...

Yes, I have tried a few and Ama Fashion are the best.  The shirts aren't great though.  Crease easily.

Dry cleaners won't take them in you have to put them in a washing machine yourselves, the pockets get a hole in them after a while and seems come undone, get someone to sew these up. Other than that I get trousers/pants made up in pattaya.

Me no daft, me no silly, me wear condom on my Willy.

i did a few posts on TAILORS if you want to know a bit more included are photos and directions

• 2 months later...

Try  Michelles tailors on beach road,   the owner is a guy called Ricky,  geat guy great service,   must have bought about 10 suits of him all look great.   shop is next door to Tahitian Queen

Archived