IGNORED

Guest friendly hotel with a bathtub

mailpattayasydney

I am looking for a hotel at a budget of 50 AUD to 60 AUD a night around the Pattaya Beach. It is my first time to Thailand. I am arriving end of this month and will be staying for a week in Pattaya. I am looking for a hotel that is guest friendly and has a bathtub. Great if it also has a beach view with a balcony/terrace.

So far I have looked at Sunbeam hotel, but not sure if it is guest friendly. I sent a message to them and got this reply:

Dear Sir,
Greetings from Sunbeam Hotel Pattaya,

If book single room , we could allow guest friendly free in room but only 1 person / room If book and stay 2 person in room , we have to charge extra guest THB 1,000.- per time ( for third person)

Should you need more assistant please do not hesitate to let us know.
Best regards.
Tatiya Klinsukon (Kung) Reservation Officer
Tel.+xxxx xxx xxx-x | Fax. +xxxx xxx xxx | E-mail : [email protected]
www.sunbeamhotel.net

Has anyone stayed at other places closer to the beach with bathtub?

Im sure you can find plenty of options with a proper search on Expedia or Agoda.

I had a huge triangular spa-style bathtub in "fourteen again" on second road, that was in the 1,000b a night range and pretty lux with it. Second road, and no sea view or balcony. The rooftop pool (adjoining hotel) was excellent though.

Would recommend again. 

Pro: Gogo directly downstairs with internal stair access if you want a no-hassle pickup.
Con: Gogo playing music directly under your bed
Pro: I really liked their music choice.

I think you'd have a difficult time finding a hotel, especially in your stated price range that was not "guest friendly" 

I guess in this instance, it would help to have you define what you mean by "guest friendly". I don't know of any in Pattaya proper that would turn away a friend you're bringing back to your room for a short visit or an overnight visit. What your hotel indicated, was that if you're bringing back TWO friends, you'd have to pay for the third person in a room rated for two. (you and one guest). That fee for the extra guest, over and above the booking for the room isn't all that uncommon. They are still "friendly" about it, they are just charging you for being greedy. 555 :-) 

The LK Empress is right on Beach Road and Soi 12.

I stayed there when they first opened and would stay again, but I prefer the LK Metro area.

Has a bathtub and is very guess friendly.

Not sure what the conversion is with your currency, but the price is 2,600 baht a night.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

2 minutes ago, LeoTex said:

The LK Empress is right on Beach Road and Soi 12.

I stayed there when they first opened and would stay again, but I prefer the LK Metro area.

Has a bathtub and is very guess friendly.

Not sure what the conversion is with your currency, but the price is 2,600 baht a night.

LeoTex

According to Google, about 1400 baht or less is his budget. :-)  

2 minutes ago, Garzan said:

According to Google, about 1400 baht or less is his budget. :-)  

I guess I should have check the exchange rate to see what is budget is.

Like others have said, so a search on Agoda with the 'filter' for the beach. Then pull up the hotels listed, for both price rates details as well as having a tub in the bath.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

So far I have looked at Sunbeam hotel, but not sure if it is guest friendly. I sent a message to them and got this reply:

Dear Sir,
Greetings from Sunbeam Hotel Pattaya,
If book single room , we could allow guest friendly free in room but only 1 person / room If book and stay 2 person in room , we have to charge extra guest THB 1,000.- per time ( for third person)
Should you need more assistant please do not hesitate to let us know.
Best regards.
Tatiya Klinsukon (Kung) Reservation Officer
Tel.+xxxx xxx xxx-x | Fax. +xxxx xxx xxx | E-mail : [email protected]
www.sunbeamhotel.net

What that reply is saying is they are guest friendly so it's all good to bring girls back no charge.
However, they will charge for bringing a 3rd person i.e factor in an extra 1000 baht charge if a 3some is on the cards.

You should be right to bring back multiple girls in a day as well, so long as it's never 2+ at any one time.

Thanks everyone. The Bathtub filter in Agoda was useful. Booking.com doesn't have this filter.

I have now booked Dvaree Jomtien beach hotel from 29th Sep to 4th Oct. It has a pool overlooking the ocean and a bathtub in the room as well. I have asked if I can bring the 2nd unregistered guest without any joiner fees. Waiting for their response. Hopefully, they should allow.

i personally wouldn't stay in jomtien on your first trip. you must know for yourself of course and everyone has different priorities, but being 15+ min away from "everything" just sucks. (i know there are some options in jomtien directly, but OP doesn't give the impression that he picked the location because he wanted to stay in jomtien).

if you want a low-cost alternative with jacuzzi (but no pool), have a look at the jacuzzi rooms at china garden on soi lengkee. 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

Very true. Even with a few trips, and always having my own scooter, I personally would not stay in Jomtien. Visit there, sure. Stay there, no way. 

The China Garden suggestion on Soi Lenkee is an awesome idea. It also reminded me that Queen Vic on Soi 6 has that one Jacuzzi Suite. However, a room on Soi 6 might be equally inappropriate for a first trip, though for entirely different reasons. 555 :-) 

Oops guys. The reservation is non-refundable. I cannot change my hotel now. I should have asked here before booking the hotel. I looked at the distance between Jomtien and Walking Street and found that it is 15 minutes only and there are frequent baht buses to hop between them. So I thought 15 minutes is not too much.

So what are my options now? 

2 minutes ago, mailpattayasydney said:

Oops guys. The reservation is non-refundable. I cannot change my hotel now. I should have asked here before booking the hotel. I looked at the distance between Jomtien and Walking Street and found that it is 15 minutes only and there are frequent baht buses to hop between them. So I thought 15 minutes is not too much.

So what are my options now? 

Since non-refundable, your option is to gain a 'learning experience' for next time. :-) And in the future, when somebody talks about Jomtien, you will have firsthand experience for sharing your opinion. :-) 

Jomtien is not horrible or anything, and it is a lot quieter. Perhaps you'll enjoy it. 

well, you can always simply book an additional room in central pattaya for a few nights if you're annoyed with staying in jomtien. it shouldn't be a problem to find a low cost guesthouse-room for ~25 AUD / night. yes, you "throw" away a little money, but if that allows you to enjoy the holidays much more, it's definitely worth it imho. 

but anyway, everyone is different. decide after you've arrived and have a better impression of the whole situation. maybe you end up with a LLT bargirl anyway and it doesn't really matter where you stay cause you're so much in love :) 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

19 hours ago, mailpattayasydney said:

I have now booked Dvaree Jomtien beach hotel from 29th Sep to 4th Oct. It has a pool overlooking the ocean and a bathtub in the room as well.

I looked at the distance between Jomtien and Walking Street and found that it is 15 minutes only and there are frequent baht buses to hop between them.

I have stayed in Jomtien three or four times and prefer it to central Pattaya: not so crowded and the sea/beach are a lot cleaner. Plenty of restaurants and bars.

Baht buses run all the time; ten bahts each way to/from Pattaya. Time varies but 15 minutes a fair average.

On arrival at Suvarnabhumi you can get a bus once an hour to Jomtien  www.airport buspattaya.com. Think it is about 150 bahts. Or driver with car to meet you and take you to door of hotel http://namstaxipattaya.com

I will be in Thailand late January and February. Maybe I will copy you and book Dvaree. Nothing nicer than reclining in big bath with TG, chatting and sipping on Aldi champagne.

Page 10 has large rooms and large bathrooms with seperate tub and shower, the bathroom opens up to the room, so if you are going to soak in the tub you can watch tv or  just enjoy the spacy room.

On 11/09/2018 at 07:11, Bonkabit said:

I have stayed in Jomtien three or four times and prefer it to central Pattaya: not so crowded and the sea/beach are a lot cleaner. Plenty of restaurants and bars.

Baht buses run all the time; ten bahts each way to/from Pattaya. Time varies but 15 minutes a fair average.

On arrival at Suvarnabhumi you can get a bus once an hour to Jomtien  www.airport buspattaya.com. Think it is about 150 bahts. Or driver with car to meet you and take you to door of hotel http://namstaxipattaya.com

I will be in Thailand late January and February. Maybe I will copy you and book Dvaree. Nothing nicer than reclining in big bath with TG, chatting and sipping on Aldi champagne.

Thanks for the advice. Will share the review after my stay.

On 20/09/2018 at 21:49, PeterEurope said:

Intimate and SeaMe spring also have bath tubs.

Dont know if they fall inside or outside your budget.

Thanks I'll look at them for my next trip as I have booked D Varee already for this trip.

Hi guys, I wanted to get a loom with a jacuzzi in it, but wanted to have a swimming pool etc too.. I noticed booking.com doesn't have the feature to search for a room with a jacuzzi.. Does anyone have any they can recommend?

33 minutes ago, Scholemaster said:

Hi guys, I wanted to get a loom with a jacuzzi in it, but wanted to have a swimming pool etc too.. I noticed booking.com doesn't have the feature to search for a room with a jacuzzi.. Does anyone have any they can recommend?

Intimate hotel

3 hours ago, Scholemaster said:

Agoda has both these filters. Look at property amenities filter for swimming pool and room amenities filter for bathtub/jacuzzi.

Archived