Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Beavers Pattaya | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | The Night Wish Group | Add your Text or Event here

TK_Knightster

Waterfront days numbered???

Shaygate
8 minutes ago, fforest said:

I have never been able to figure out the real story here...This is a tough one......Most events I have at least some idea...

A mixture of corruption, poor planning and a disregard for legislation compliance coupled with a change in government both local and national all came together and created the situation we have now. The developer has either gone broke or managed to distance themselves from the structure and now nobody quite knows what to do with it. 

Pity all the poor folks that bought off plan and gave large deposits and staged payments, thats money they will never see again 

Shaygate
5 minutes ago, Geordie59 said:

It look like some of the upper floors are being removed. 
Anyone know what that is about?

@striderman any chance of a few pictures? 

striderman
Posted (edited)
Just now, Taa_Saparot said:

5 years to the day, since the Waterfront Project was halted.

should have stopped

taken 19 aug 2014329963485_aug19143_800x428.jpg.941f2dc0ca8734242fb72321d9865a33.jpg

still has the small crane on the lower block

515656550_aug19b018_800x600.jpg.a61745aed43ad28ff37ecd19e2ae5343.jpg

2126038769_aug19b035_800x600.jpg.718d1fb54e363501ddabb4da9b583a45.jpg

and round the back i snapped 2 workers997414288_aug19b039_800x600.jpg.2a852963d036773eac3a9bbc5b165cf5.jpg

1076973726_sept5147_800x450.jpg.19b7520b42518b32504bf6e64e16b4bc.jpg

sept 5th still has the lower crane

but by sept 22nd it had gone

2012947263_sept22014_800x521.jpg.2e9173342163ec0b70cf2c99aaef6352.jpg

Edited by striderman

striderman
Posted (edited)
Just now, Shaygate said:

@striderman any chance of a few pictures? 

nothing has happened on the site since aug/sept 2014 when the lower crane was removed.

in the passing years zero activity till sept 2018 when in the wake of a bkk crane collapsing the powers that be decided the big crane on top was a potential liability. * so last year they got the main crane to bring up parts to make a smaller crane on top. they then deconstructed the big one and lowered it in pieces using the small one.

quite how they got the small one removed i dunno but it was obviously easier than the big bugger

below sept 25 2018

1918022706_25sept016(Custom).JPG.64aff4e745c48a00e213f1ece4812ced.JPG

4 days later sept 28th 2018.................

1429532943_28sept001(Custom).JPG.3927b0b6eb3d07454511713def242757.JPG

* around the same time 1 at the amari hotel works site collapsed and killed a worker. they typically fail when sections are being added or removed rather than during normal use

Edited by striderman

striderman

oct 10 th 2018 bits still being lowered

391886599_10oct020(Custom).JPG.ec94016f283ee87611d6ecb003784bef.JPG

616518744_10oct021(Custom).JPG.2766b35143b0ed87a3d22821ba4c0052.JPG

striderman

and now no cranes remain

1979747722_18dec008(Custom).JPG.c5e81aa16e93aa0041d405ac173656e8.JPG

Taa_Saparot
33 minutes ago, Geordie59 said:

Not heard anything.

striderman
Just now, Geordie59 said:

i've just had a look right now with binocs and the top is identical to how it was left when work stopped in aug /sept 2014

Komando

What a mess.  I pity anyone and everyone that invested money into this 'project'.  It is pure theft.

Taa_Saparot
22 minutes ago, Komando said:

What a mess.  I pity anyone and everyone that invested money into this 'project'.  It is pure theft.

Theft? 

I always thought it was a bit gullible to think they would get away with building that there.

talung66
41 minutes ago, Komando said:

17 minutes ago, Taa_Saparot said:

Theft? 

I always thought it was a bit gullible to think they would get away with building that there.

i think i must know the only person that got out in time and made something with his resale 

nzwolfgang
1 hour ago, Komando said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but the Tulip Group bought out everyone who invested in this project when they bought the whole thing from the original developer.  So everyone got their money back.  Tulip Group bought the whole thing with a view to one day completing it. 

Scuba+
Correct me if I’m wrong but the Tulip Group bought out everyone who invested in this project when they bought the whole thing from the original developer.  So everyone got their money back.  Tulip Group bought the whole thing with a view to one day completing it. 
I don't think so, I recall an Ex BM who said a friend of his had bought several condos and hadn't got his money back. Plus there is the ongoing court case

nzwolfgang

Not good if that’s the case. 

Shaygate
13 minutes ago, nzwolfgang said:

Tulip Group bought the whole thing with a view to one day completing it. 

This idea has been discussed before but the investment that would be required just assess the state of the building would be eye watering and thats before any remedial works could be started. Given its history who would invest in a new project? 

No i think the only realistic thing that could be done now is to demolish the whole structure but that in itself is going to be tricky and expensive. So I suspect that the Waterfront is going to be there for a good few years yet. 

usexpat46
57 minutes ago, nzwolfgang said:

I believe that the Tulip Group offered the original buyers the option to get refunded what they had paid into the project when they took over the project.  One of our former BMs took that option while others didn't.

Shaygate
21 minutes ago, usexpat46 said:

I believe that the Tulip Group offered the original buyers the option to get refunded what they had paid into the project when they took over the project.  One of our former BMs took that option while others didn't.

I bet the others are regretting that now :Crazy1:

FarangKiNok

Do people actually"get their money back” in LOS?

Assman80

They have the ghost tower in bkk that has sat there unfinished for 20 years after the financial collapse in ‘97. Forty-nine stories tall and has a gigantic IPhone billboard on it now. It’s kind of a reminder of the risk of investing in Thailand.