Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Beavers Pattaya | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | The Night Wish Group | Add your Text or Event here

TK_Knightster

Waterfront days numbered???

Exiled
11 hours ago, Harry Brown said:

I think it's too expensive adding a huge cost to the bottom line. I would think more preferable for a developer to look for less complicated opportunities closer to the beach as they come up.

Also from what I believe the red tape is a manacle around the projects leg stopping it going in any direction soon.

But someone like BM @brutox would have more insight than me,  into how or if this could be torn down if a new developer took it over?

Correction, I had a misspelling It should have been NOT instead of Now!  That should put us pretty much agreeing?

In regards to the project, I don't see any developer footing the entire project themselves with their own money normally here in Pattaya from what I've heard developers just with the plans, drawing, models aim to obtain a 20% down and look for the rest of the funding from a Bank etc..  so I see the Bank holding the note on the project if the developer has walked away?  I see a compromise and reduction on the height like the floors that were added illegally when the time is right they will finish the project.  

misteregg

I remember a real estate person telling me recently that to acheive a certificate of safety the building must not be left for more than 8 years un-finished and that time is up soon.

Take that comment as you will, Pattaya Real Estate salesmen are not the most reliable sources at times.

striderman

taken 19 may 2014

5b93e773c983b_aprilmay14166_800x600.jpg.3145d7383d419ac6da85259aa99a796a.jpg

Thaifix

I very much doubt we are going to see an end to the saga soon. It undoubtedly goes much deeper than we know. For example; and there will be many other factors - 

The ultimate approval for the scheme was given by a man who was removed from office by the military. The same man who has not been invited by the same military to join a political party set up to support the re-election of the current Prime Minister. Buying that loyalty will have been a very expensive process indeed - perhaps not in straight cash but via quid pro quo almost certainly. 

In addition if the developers are forced to pay the demolition costs they are going to want some of their "sweeteners" (to put it politely) re-paid first. That is just not going to happen is it??

The bottom line is I think it will become Club Batman the re-make 2 and sit rotting forever.

gimmesum

Frankly I don't understand why these people who have been ripped off don't go protest in front of one of the guy's other properties.  I believe it is the same ownership as the Centari Pratumnak.

striderman
1 hour ago, striderman said:

taken 19 may 2014

5b93e773c983b_aprilmay14166_800x600.jpg.3145d7383d419ac6da85259aa99a796a.jpg

sorry 2013

striderman

vroom vroom

5b93ff5466e51_septoct31277_800x584.jpg.ce5b09a4cddd98e6acd37f90e2169192.jpg

parked outside late 2013

Edited by striderman

LeoTex
1 hour ago, striderman said:

vroom vroom

parked outside late 2013

So that's where some of the down payments ($$) went, when people were buying "off plan"

LeoTex

Oukiva
2 hours ago, Thaifix said:

In addition if the developers are forced to pay the demolition costs they are going to want some of their "sweeteners" (to put it politely) re-paid first. That is just not going to happen is it??

1 hour ago, gimmesum said:

Frankly I don't understand why these people who have been ripped off don't go protest in front of one of the guy's other properties.  I believe it is the same ownership as the Centari Pratumnak.

The first developer sold the project many years ago already.

Currently the official developer of the project is Bali Hai Co Ltd., company created for this project by Tulip Group Thailand and investments companies. The Bali Hai Co Ltd company made a declaration of bankruptcy  last year and I doubt that - legally - Tulip Group can be involved in responsibilities.

IMHO, no private company will invest even 1 baht in this project, except maybe if they get a 100% guarantee that they can finish this project and manage it (if hotel) and/or sell it (if condo).

Edited by Oukiva

Captain Dave
10 hours ago, striderman said:

vroom vroom

parked outside late 2013

At least its a decent British car.

How much do Bentley's retail for in Thailand?

A hell of a lot I suspect.

striderman
13 minutes ago, Captain Dave said:

At least its a decent British car.

How much do Bentley's retail for in Thailand?

A hell of a lot I suspect.

just had a quick look. a 2014 continental goes from around 20 million bht and upwards

gimmesum
18 hours ago, Oukiva said:

The first developer sold the project many years ago already.

Currently the official developer of the project is Bali Hai Co Ltd., company created for this project by Tulip Group Thailand and investments companies. The Bali Hai Co Ltd company made a declaration of bankruptcy  last year and I doubt that - legally - Tulip Group can be involved in responsibilities.

IMHO, no private company will invest even 1 baht in this project, except maybe if they get a 100% guarantee that they can finish this project and manage it (if hotel) and/or sell it (if condo).

?

Edited by gimmesum

striderman
On 9/7/2018 at 10:12, Oukiva said:

The FB article says that the removing of the crane will start on September 10th, and we are the 7th :wink:

It also says that this work should take about 2 weeks. Many opportunities for photos.

my camera has been ready but i have not seen anything so far

Scuba+

Replace it with a giant Buddha the redeemer statue

striderman
2 minutes ago, Scuba+ said:

Replace it with a giant Buddha the redeemer statue

the redeemer is only 98 ft tall plus about 26 ft for the pedestal !

Oukiva

Did you see it ? :wink:

If not, look at this (very bad) pic (taken in night and small rain) :

IMG_4050z.jpg

And now?

A small zoom to help? :

IMG_4052z.jpg

Yes, there is light (and probably someone) right now in the top floor and crane  :)

Edited by Oukiva

LeoTex
1 hour ago, Oukiva said:

Did you see it ? :wink:

Yes, there is light (and probably someone) right now in the top floor and crane  :)

I guess someone up there with a flashlight.

Not much to work with on the photos.

LeoTex

Crain.jpg

Crain 2.jpg

udontony

It will be those Russians taking selfies again!

striderman

another board member this morning pointed out the crane has been  has rotated slightly to the left. still there but the games afoot

Scuba+

I think there's excitement to be had up there. Climbing to the top would be good thrill, someone do it..

udontony
1 minute ago, Scuba+ said:

I think there's excitement to be had up there. Climbing to the top would be good thrill, someone do it..

Maybe bush mountain babes going up in the world!

blueye44
2 hours ago, udontony said:

15370875025935589652401358005311.jpg

Scuba+
On the subject of bush mountain babes, they are MIA, i think somethings gone down in the bush

Harry Brown
2 hours ago, Scuba+ said:
4 hours ago, udontony said:

On the subject of bush mountain babes, they are MIA, i think somethings gone down in the bush

Didn't they have their habitat destroyed?