IGNORED

Suvarnabhumi Airport Lounge options

7 hours ago, Luv2Phuket said:

Keep in mind, the $100 credit is generally limited to once every [five] years, so be careful about paying for someone else's unless you have another card with a credit that you can use on renewal for your own card.

No reason to "be careful".

You may make as many $100 charges to Global Entry for as many people as you wish.

The first one will be credited.  Each additional will be charged $100 per person you wish to pay for on a particular card.

(One credit per card per 5-year period;

All that matters is that the charge is to "Global Entry")

That's like saying be careful with the $15 monthly Uber Credit.  If you go over $15, you get charged for each dollar over.  Also, it doesn't matter whom the passenger is.

(All that matters is that the charge is to "Uber")

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To matters into perspective:

AMEX Platinum card annual fee: $550

Five years of annual fees: $2,750

Global Entry credit every five years: $100

$100/$2,750 = 3.6%

Chase Sapphire Reserve annual fee: $450

Five years of annual fees: $2,250

Global Entry credit every five years: $100

$100/$2,250 = 4.4%

The Global Entry credit of $100/five years (or $20 per year on average) is a small percentage benefit.

It's an RSIB.

The $100 Global Entry credit applies once every five years irrespective of whomever the recipient may be.

I have both cards.

I pay $1,000 per year in annual fees; $5,000 in annual fees over five years.

Total Global Entry credit:

$200/$5,000 = 4%

(If I were to treat someone who I'm the unlikely event they don't have a premier card - by the way, I don't know of anyone in my network who doesn't have at least one premier travel card)

The credit card bank issuers factor this into their costs.

No reason to "be careful".
You may make as many $100 charges to Global Entry for as many people as you wish.
The first one will be credited.  Each additional will be charged $100 per person you wish to pay for on a particular card.
(One credit per card per 5-year period;
All that matters is that the charge is to "Global Entry")
That's like saying be careful with the $15 monthly Uber Credit.  If you go over $15, you get charged for each dollar over.  Also, it doesn't matter whom the passenger is.
(All that matters is that the charge is to "Uber")

My point was simply that, unless you have another card with a credit, you may be out of luck when it comes time to renew your own Global Entry, given the “once every 5 years” limit.

Uber credit was just tweaked. I tend to use it on Uber Eats most months, as I rarely take Uber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Luv2Phuket said:

My point was simply that, unless you have another card with a credit, you may be out of luck when it comes time to renew your own Global Entry, given the “once every 5 years” limit. 

Most here know what you meant, but you can't assume everyone sees the obvious 555

Actually, the credit is every four years for most cards, as you mentioned in a previous post. I have two cards with this benefit; Chase Sapphire Reserve and Chase IHG Premier. One tip for someone applying for Global Entry is that the initial expiration date is 5 years after your next birthday following the date you are approved. So, if you time it right, you can get nearly 6 years when you sign up. I got five and a half when I did it. Renewals of course will be only five.

Getting back to the subject of lounges, I guess I should check out some more of them when I'm at BKK. I typically just go to the one associated with the airline I'm flying. Regarding guests allowed on the Sapphire Reserve Priority Pass benefit, it recently changed from unlimited to two. Leaving Angeles City flying out of Clark last month, I was pleasantly surprised to see that the dinky little lounge there was part of the Priority Pass program. I also got to check out the United Polaris Lounge in Newark this past trip. Best lounge I've been in stateside and better than most business class lounges I've been in anywhere.

Getting back to the subject of lounges, I guess I should check out some more of them when I'm at BKK. I typically just go to the one associated with the airline I'm flying. Regarding guests allowed on the Sapphire Reserve Priority Pass benefit, it recently changed from unlimited to two. Leaving Angeles City flying out of Clark last month, I was pleasantly surprised to see that the dinky little lounge there was part of the Priority Pass program. I also got to check out the United Polaris Lounge in Newark this past trip. Best lounge I've been in stateside and better than most business class lounges I've been in anywhere.

That lounge in Clark was crappy! It only costs 300 pesos to get in. [emoji23]

How did you get into the United Polaris lounge?

55 minutes ago, hioctane said:

That lounge in Clark was crappy! It only costs 300 pesos to get in. emoji23.png

How did you get into the United Polaris lounge?

Waiting in a crappy lounge is still better than waiting in an even crappier gate area. It’s 800 pesos now or maybe that’s a different lounge. The Priority Pass website says there’s two lounges there, although I only saw one.

I flew United Polaris on the ERW-HKG legs my last trip. Nice flights. I’d say United Polaris is better than Cathay Pacific business on that route now.

Waiting in a crappy lounge is still better than waiting in an even crappier gate area. It’s 800 pesos now or maybe that’s a different lounge. The Priority Pass website says there’s two lounges there, although I only saw one.
I flew United Polaris on the ERW-HKG legs my last trip. Nice flights. I’d say United Polaris is better than Cathay Pacific business on that route now.

That is true.. Crappy lounge is better than no lounge I suppose. The one I went to was on the right of the escalators. There i another PP lounge on the dar left but it wasn’t open. It was 300 pesos as of 2 weeks ago (pretty sure).

Clark also charges a 600 peso exit fee? Anyways third chance I gave AC. I don’t think I will be back!

10 minutes ago, hioctane said:

That is true.. Crappy lounge is better than no lounge I suppose. The one I went to was on the right of the escalators. There i another PP lounge on the dar left but it wasn’t open. It was 300 pesos as of 2 weeks ago (pretty sure).

Clark also charges a 600 peso exit fee? Anyways third chance I gave AC. I don’t think I will be back!

There's two options as explained here, 800 pesos for the lounge and smoking room, 300 for the smoking room only. 

2 hours ago, bgtp said:

Sometimes. 

Had a 2 hour layover in MCO earlier this year. There was one lounge in the terminal I was in called "The Club". It was PP and so packed that there was a wait list with those blinking buzzer disks you get a Panera Bread. 

After about 25 minutes, I get buzzed. Walk into the lounge to see a sea of humanity the likes of which can only be described as some type of third world refugee camp. People were camping out on the floor, making makeshift enclosures with lounge furniture. Some dude in what appeared to be swim trunks and bare feet was stretched out over 4 lounge seats. They were serving some type of squash soup that was just getting everywhere--floor, seats, tables. Finally found a seat after walking around for 5 minutes. Put my bags down and went to get a drink. Came back to find someone sitting at my seat, basically holding my bags. Had some words with that person, as they were trying to say those bags weren't mine. WTF? Finally sit down and notice the group of guys to the right who are barking in some unknown language to each other. They were picking through plates of food and literally throwing stuff they didn't like on the floor. It was basically bad gate behavior on free food and booze steroids. I gave up and went to the comparatively peaceful gate area. 

1 hour ago, Little Evil said:

Walk into the lounge to see a sea of humanity the likes of which can only be described as some type of third world refugee camp.

And some BMs wonder why some of us are willing to pay for high end services, hotels, and other venues.

It's to avoid the ill-mannered low class.

• 2 weeks later...

TSA / Global Entry credit

In the terms and conditions:

TSA / Global Entry credit may only be applied once every four years.

You can use it for yourself, or anyone else.

You may get one credit for each separate card you may have.

Archived