IGNORED

Suvarnabhumi Airport Lounge options

13 hours ago, 6853395 said:

Anything else?

- upgrade to Hilton Honors Gold (which should net you free breakfast if you stay at Pattaya Hilton)

- upgrade to Starwood Gold (but Marriott takeover/combination has me confused on where this puts you)

- Boingo (which I have now loaded to my phone and am using)

- ShopRunner (mentioned above - I signed up, but haven't used it yet)

- some additional lounges that are not Priority Pass or Centurion (like the Escape lounge in Reno)

- I think it may carry some kind of travel insurance, but entire fare needs to be charged to card and I usually travel to Thailand on miles

Keep in mind, Uber credit is $15 per month + a bonus $20 in December.  Use it or lose it - credit does not carryover to the next month.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Luv2Phuket said:

Boingo

Never got that damn thing to work!

On 12/09/2018 at 21:10, JB300 said:

There used to be a few lounges called "Louis Tavern" or something like that, they were about the same as Miracle lounge (in fact they may well be the same lounges rebranded)

They are.

On 22/09/2018 at 23:21, Luv2Phuket said:

And if THAT'S not enough, I also have the AMEX Hilton Aspire, which also carries a $450 annual fee.  Perks there are another $250 airline credit (again cleared using AA gift cards -- the # of AA gift cards I get is why I often book 2 one-way flights instead of a RT!  555), Hilton Diamond status (not so convinced it is a huge improvement that I get over the Gold I get from the AMEX Platinum), annual free night certificate AND a $250 annual credit good at a number of Hilton resorts, which -- significantly -- includes the Pattaya Hilton.  It also carries Priority Pass membership (2 guests) and nets me 14 HHonors points per dollar spent.  Factoring in the airline and resort credits and the free night certificate, I easily get more than the annual fee back.  

I also have this card and bought AA gift cards for its airline credit. How do you cash them out by buying reimbursed airfare ? Or do you mean you get reimbursed from your work ? not by buying refundable ticket then cancel and get the money back ? Please help with the clarification.

3 hours ago, h.harris said:

I also have this card and bought AA gift cards for its airline credit. How do you cash them out by buying reimbursed airfare ? Or do you mean you get reimbursed from your work ? not by buying refundable ticket then cancel and get the money back ? Please help with the clarification.

Sorry - reimbursed from work for the full price of the ticket

5 hours ago, Ru4Real said:

Never got that damn thing to work!

I had all kinds of trouble with it!  LOL

As far as I can tell, you have to sign up & download the app, but it will ONLY work if you are somewhere that has Boingo service.  Once I am somewhere that HAS Boingo service, it seems to automatically pop up and say I am connected.  Had that happen in a couple of airports recently.

9 hours ago, Luv2Phuket said:

- Boingo (which I have now loaded to my phone and am using)

Step 1:

5r13e5y.jpg

Confirmation:

MXp2OXz.jpg

Email confirmation:

ezolc28.jpg

20 hours ago, hioctane said:

You should have waited for the 100k offer.

Tried, but it just wasn't going to happen.

I used ThePointsGuy.com site tool to do a soft credit check to see if I was eligible, but the algorithm just doesn't qualify, I've called and chatted numerous times with customer service,  but it just wasn't going to happen.

On 03/11/2018 at 13:25, Luv2Phuket said:

Had that happen in a couple of airports recently.

Stateside or overseas? Tried here in Oz but never found anything and didn't fire up in Bangkok either.

On 02/11/2018 at 03:02, hioctane said:

You should have waited for the 100k offer.

I wasn't eligible through the Cardmatch tool:

qBjZen1.jpg

Source:

4 Credit Cards That Can Get You $1,000 or More in Value

Valuable perks: $200 airline fee credit, up to $200 in annual Uber credits, up to $100 in Saks Fifth Avenue credits, access to Amex Centurion Lounges and Delta Sky Clubs (when flying Delta), Gold elite status with Hilton and Starwood (which will convert to Marriott Goldin August)

How it all adds up: One of the most common questions we get here at The Points Guy is whether the The Platinum Card from American Express is worth the $550 annual fee. Admittedly, our answer has always been a resounding “Yes!” but the list of reasons why has grown over the years, as Amex keeps adding new benefits to attract customers to its most premium card that’s publicly available. The standard welcome bonus of 60,000 Membership Rewards points is worth over $1,000 on its own based on TPG’s latest valuations, but if you’re targeted for the 100,000 point offer through Cardmatch, I’d say this card is a no-brainer.

Assuming you can use the $200 annual airline and Uber credits, that scary $550 annual fee is really only $150 out of pocket each year, and valuable benefits like 5x points on flights purchased directly with the airline, hotel elite status, premium concierge services and the most comprehensive lounge benefits of any credit card can help you get well over $1,000 in value.

Stateside or overseas? Tried here in Oz but never found anything and didn't fire up in Bangkok either.

Think it was LAX

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've used the Miracle Lounge on concourse D before in both business class and first class. I'm not sure why, but the second time I went there they let me into the first class section with just my Priority Pass card. Could have been my CX F boarding pass. 

In any case, nothing special, but comfortable. Showers, food, and drink are adequate. Smoking rooms in both floors if you smoke too. These are less crowded than the Tavern lounges, as one can just buy into the Tavern lounge. I've seen lines for those literally out the door before. The best part is convenience if you're leaving on concourse D. I walked out of the lounge and the entry to the gate was right there. I think the D concourse lounge as a transit hotel too, but I'm unsure if you can use PP to access that (doubtful). 

I've used the Miracle Lounge on concourse D before in both business class and first class. I'm not sure why, but the second time I went there they let me into the first class section with just my Priority Pass card. Could have been my CX F boarding pass. 
In any case, nothing special, but comfortable. Showers, food, and drink are adequate. Smoking rooms in both floors if you smoke too. These are less crowded than the Tavern lounges, as one can just buy into the Tavern lounge. I've seen lines for those literally out the door before. The best part is convenience if you're leaving on concourse D. I walked out of the lounge and the entry to the gate was right there. I think the D concourse lounge as a transit hotel too, but I'm unsure if you can use PP to access that (doubtful). 

You can access both business and first class with your PP. Looking from the outside I can’t tell the difference. They look the same. Look in the app to see all the lounges you can access.

On 06/11/2018 at 21:23, Little Evil said:

If you were flying CX first, why didnt you use CX's own lounge? It's better than any of the CIP/MIracle/Louis lounges that I have been in. I usually use the CX lounge when flying business with OneWorld carriers because it's the nicest one. The new Qatar lounge is also good, but I found it a bit over the top and on the day/time I was there they didnt have any interesting food. Any OneWorld boarding pass in business class gets you into that also.

31 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

If you were flying CX first, why didnt you use CX's own lounge? It's better than any of the CIP/MIracle/Louis lounges that I have been in. I usually use the CX lounge when flying business with OneWorld carriers because it's the nicest one. The new Qatar lounge is also good, but I found it a bit over the top and on the day/time I was there they didnt have any interesting food. Any OneWorld boarding pass in business class gets you into that also.

Never said I didn't. Seasoned CX F flyer. Been through just about all their HKG lounges. Just thought I'd check out this lounge because it was so close to the gate and had a smoking room. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/11/2018 at 10:51, Little Evil said:

Never said I didn't. Seasoned CX F flyer. Been through just about all their HKG lounges. Just thought I'd check out this lounge because it was so close to the gate and had a smoking room. 

Fair enough. CX in BKK gets my vote every time though, when flying OneWorld.

CX was great but their planes have gotten old. I can’t believe they still don’t have wifi onboard meanwhile all their mainland competitors do! Service is still great though.

I am actually flying Cathay on my upcoming holiday.

17 hours ago, hioctane said:

CX was great but their planes have gotten old. I can’t believe they still don’t have wifi onboard meanwhile all their mainland competitors do! Service is still great though.

I am actually flying Cathay on my upcoming holiday.

CX has been particularly lazy about wifi roll retrofit of their 777 and A320s, but they do offer it in their relatively new A350s. Oddly, they use the A350 for regionals. 

On 21/11/2018 at 22:09, KittenKong said:

Fair enough. CX in BKK gets my vote every time though, when flying OneWorld.

Normally, I'd be inclined to agree with you as I really like CX and was psyched when they opened one in BKK a few years back. However, CX lounge on concourse G this week was  chaotic. Barely a seat anywhere, including the noodle bar. I don't know if that's the influx of Chinese tourists or not, but it wasn't very relaxing. Never saw it like that. Ended up leaving and spending more time in miracle further down on G. I think they have transit rooms there if anyone finds themselves stuck at BKK for a long layover. I hate to admit that I really like their smoking room overlooking the concourse (because I'm trying to quit). Only better airport smoking rooms are in Japan. 

On 23/11/2018 at 07:04, striderman said:

i thought this thread was about swampy lounges

Yeah, off topic a smidgen, but nothing to get bent over. OP's inquiry has been largely answered already by the very same people going off topic, so a little pass is in order. 

Flying out of BKK on Monday night & wasn't sure which Hall my Scoot flight was leaving from (No Gate on the Board) so took a punt at Hall F (Where the other Scoot flight to Singapore was leaving from) & discovered when I got there that I could use the Air France/KLM lounge with my Priority Pass.

Not the best lounge I've every used, but (IMHO) better than the many Miracle Lounges I've tried.

Obviously my flight left from a different Hall (Hall C) but even that wasn't a problem so will probably use this lounge again as I usually fly Thai/SIA from Hall D.

Edit: Just checked the Priority Pass mobile app & they seem to have added "Blue Ribbon Club Lounge" to the list of lounges in Hall D, looks ok in the app, has anybody tried it yet?

On 23/11/2018 at 12:04, striderman said:

i thought this thread was about swampy lounges

Me too, I think it turned from  info posts to "my deals better than your deal". 

I fortunately get some free lounge passes now but would only use them on the outward journey. 

Going home, nothing eases the pain other than a couple of beers at "is it baileys?" bar in the departure area wondering when my next trip will be.

I flew Singapore from BKK for the first time this week, so I sampled their business class lounge.

I would give it high marks -- good food selection; nice selection of beverages (although I don't drink, so can't really speak to variety of beers, etc.).

I don't know if passengers on other Star Alliance carriers get access, but I would happily park my ass there again if flying Singapore.

Archived