IGNORED

Suvarnabhumi Airport Lounge options

Is there a lounge that i could just pre-book or 'pay at the door' at swampy?

I don't have frequent flying stuff or credit card benefits etc

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loungebuddy app and site let you buy per use at a lot of airports. You will pay more usually but no up front membership per year so can be ok for occasional travel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, 6853395 said:

As for the Priority Pass Select and CSR reducing the number of guest from 4 to 2 is not a negative and there's been much discussion on this.  To correct the above it was not unlimited, in was up to 4 guests. 

ThePointsGuy brought this up in a blog post upon this change and implementation, and reviews were mixed, with some complaining about the reduced number of guests, but with many praising it.  I wasn't aware until the article that guests were permissible, but two guests is reasonable, if not excessive, and four is clearly excessive.  The lower tier lounges get crowded quite quickly and if being able to bring in four guests was abused by a small minority at the expense of others.  In summary, the reduction from 4 guests to 2 was a long overdue improvement.

It doesn't affect me. I usually travel solo. I would reduce it even further and say x amount of guests every 6 months. Some lounges get really over crowed! 

I was just pointing out a big change.

2 hours ago, hioctane said:

It doesn't affect me. I usually travel solo. I would reduce it even further and say x amount of guests every 6 months. Some lounges get really over crowed!

Yes, I agree, and I think with many services, for example, cloud computing services, T-Mobile's free international roaming, and the guest allowance with Priority Pass, it's usually less than 5% of the total users that really abuse it, so when a change is made, they make sure it's not impacting the majority of users.  I'm would speculate the Priority Pass considered how many would be unaffected by this when they modified the policy.

ThePointsGuy's blog comments were quite mixed.

Which lounges are available in BKK? First time traveling with CSR. I signed up for CSR and CSP in April and used them to pay for this trip earning me enough points for my 2019 adventure. Can't wait to start using the perks.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Which lounges are available in BKK? First time traveling with CSR. I signed up for CSR and CSP in April and used them to pay for this trip earning me enough points for my 2019 adventure. Can't wait to start using the perks.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I use the Miracle lounges. I believe there was one that gave free 15 min massages.

Sent from my View XL using Tapatalk

On 9/1/2018 at 16:01, 6853395 said:

Any Priority Pass Select members here?

There are a lot of options for airport lounges at this airport.

Any recommendations?

I'll be in the Eva Airways concourse for my outbound flight.

Normally flying back to Singapore with Thai Air from Concourse D so if I'm not flying Business Class, I use the Miracle lounge closest to the Gate (There's the Miracle 1st Class lounge & the Miracle Business Class lounge, can't say there seems to be much difference) - not the best food or drink selection but a nice place to while away a couple of hours.

There used to be a few lounges called "Louis Tavern" or something like that, they were about the same as Miracle lounge (in fact they may well be the same lounges rebranded)

Have also used the Oman Air lounge in concourse E, IIRC food selection wasn't as good but a better selection of drinks.

Apparently you can also use the Air France/KLM lounge at concourse F but I've never tried that one - Will try next time as I have a bit more time at the airport.

On 9/7/2018 at 13:02, 6853395 said:

You are not a Priority Pass Select member, correct?

Bmac587:

Miracle Lounge is complementary for Priority Pass Select members, correct?

Once you've used your complementary visits, it's approx s£36SGD per visit which works out about 900 THB

Well worth it as I tend to be at the airport 3 hours before the flight so get my monies worth :)

Its good to talk :rolleyes:
So i need an annual membership to use it once?
IMG_0887.thumb.PNG.fb49c58e6ebad16f824359e55b95420f.PNG
No. Most have single entry for about 1000 baht. If you travel enough, it is well worth it to get an annual membership pass or get a credit card with PP as a perk.

Sent from my View XL using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, JB300 said:

Air France/KLM lounge

I've used that one at SFO; it's the only Priority Pass Longue at the International terminal. 

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 12:06, striderman said:

i'm not impressed with the miracle lounges either. i used to have access to the thai airways lounges with etihad and they were marginally better. miracle lounges used to be known as louis tavern

2 hours ago, 6853395 said:
  2 hours ago, JB300 said:

Air France/KLM lounge

2 hours ago, 6853395 said:

I've used that one at SFO; it's the only Priority Pass Longue at the International terminal. 

I agree about the Miracle Lounges, not the best at the airport.

I get my lounge pass for Air France/KLM when I check in for my Korean flight out of BKK because of my R/T flight being booked thru Delta. Since Delta doesn't have a lounge at my departure airport, Houston, I can use either the KLM or Air France Club there.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

The Air France lounge has nice free showers and is decent. Not the best lounge but it’s pretty good.

I do like the Oman lounge as well. It’s smaller but has pretty good food and a decent drink selection.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in the Oman Lounge; decided to choose this as it's in Concourse E, same as my flight.

All food is Halal, but I like Mediterranean food.  Hummus is good, hard boiled eggs, chicken curry skewers (and other appetizers not mentioned), fruit, cereal, open self-serve bar, fresh coffee (Americano, Latte, Cappuccino, etc.), mixed nuts, juices, variety of brverages, pastries, sandwiches, etc.

Lounge is very quiet, not crowded (anecdotal as this is my first visit), comfortable, great service, amenities, etc.

Checking in was simple with my Priority Pass Select card and/or app.

Info:

https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loungesearch?entity=bdc7bbd8-cf2c-403f-91ff-598c921467ac

WiFi seems very fast.

Oman Lounge (continued):

Very nice bathroom and shower facilities - bathroom is well-decorated, hand towels, etc., Something like you'd see in the lobby of a 4-5 star hotel.

Shower room is very nice, although I can't imagine needing a shower as I took one this morning before checking out of my hotel.

Plenty of seating options including work tables, etc.

Well-mannered clientele as well.

How in the Hell have I missed this thread until now?!?  Two of my FAVORITE subjects -- credit cards and lounges!

I'm usually flying biz class, so eager to hear the feedback on the Miracle lounges.  Oman Air might be worth checking out.

Have you checked out the growing list of restaurants offering Priority Pass credit?  Just expanded to include PF Chang's at the Bradley Terminal at LAX ($30 credit for members + whatever # of guests your card allows who are with you).

I copped a nice free breakfast and slice of cheesecake for dessert at Bobby Van's Steakhouse the last time I flew through JFK.

Link to blog updating the many restaurants - https://onemileatatime.com/pf-changs-priority-pass-lax/

On credit cards, I am still waiting for a killer offer on the CSR.  When it was 100,000 UR, I was blocked by 5/24.  Now that I can get it, it's only offering 50,000 UR.  Not enough for me at this point.

Chase losing Korean Air as a transfer partner was a big blow for me.  I'm hoping they find another Asian carrier as a transfer partner or I will continue to look at my UR as effectively being United miles.

I have the AMEX Platinum (personal) and renewed it.  I use American Airlines gift cards to cash out my $200 credit (then use the gift cards to book reimbursed airfares, effectively cashing them out), and I use UberEats once a month -- just did it today, in fact, as I am going out of town soon. 5X points on airline purchases is pretty nice.  I look at Singapore as my most likely transfer partner for MR.

The Centurion lounge access is a benefit that I have actually used multiple times (in Las Vegas and Miami).  AMEX Platinum also got me access to a nice, non-Priority Pass lounge in Reno.  There are a couple of other perks like free ShopRunner access and free Boingo wifi that I really haven't taken advantage of yet.  In the past, it got me Starwood Gold, but with the Marriott merger, I think that perk has been greatly devalued. 

I also have the Citi Prestige, which is another $350+ annual fee card.  It carries a $200 airline credit similar to CSR, so that's easy to get back (just charge an airline ticket to it!).  Its other big perk -- and why I have kept it thus far -- is the "4th night free" option on hotel bookings.  If you book a stay of 4 nights (or more) through their concierge (easy to do and matches whatever price your hotel loyalty program can get you), they refund the average nightly rate for the 4th night.  hotel sees the full charge, so I get full loyalty points, and, if it's a business trip, I get an invoice for full reimbursement, but I get the average kicked back as a credit about 6-8 weeks later.  I'm using it on a stay in Pattaya in November and for a convention in Panama in October (concierge got me the convention rate when I booked it).  

When I factor in the free 4th night credits and the $200 airfare credit, it seemed worthwhile to renew it.

Both cards carry Priority pass, but I think Citi lets me bring 2 guests instead of one.

And if THAT'S not enough, I also have the AMEX Hilton Aspire, which also carries a $450 annual fee.  Perks there are another $250 airline credit (again cleared using AA gift cards -- the # of AA gift cards I get is why I often book 2 one-way flights instead of a RT!  555), Hilton Diamond status (not so convinced it is a huge improvement that I get over the Gold I get from the AMEX Platinum), annual free night certificate AND a $250 annual credit good at a number of Hilton resorts, which -- significantly -- includes the Pattaya Hilton.  It also carries Priority Pass membership (2 guests) and nets me 14 HHonors points per dollar spent.  Factoring in the airline and resort credits and the free night certificate, I easily get more than the annual fee back.  

Taipei airport:

Priority Pass Select members:

Always select the More Business Premium Lounge over the Plaza Lounges.

I was in the Plaza Lounges three weeks ago as my flight arrived around 6am and More wasn't open yet.

I'll omit a formal review, but if Plaza is Motel 6, More is the Fous Seasons.

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/09/2018 at 13:59, LeoTex said:

I'm not sure what Priority Pass is, but I do get the Premium Pass for immigration when checking at the ticket counter at BKK.

I also get a lounge pass from Korean Air and chose the KLM/Air France lounge.

Pretty go food and drink selection and fast wifi.

Does beat hanging out at the gate waiting for departure.

LeoTex

Thanks again for this information.

Used this lounge after checking in last Thursday night, for my flight early hours Friday from BKK - DOH. 

Absolute haven for me, as otherwise facing 90 minutes in departure lounge with harsh lighting, many half asleep people, hot, and with that funky smell I now associate with Thailand. Transformed what otherwise would have been a shitty wait for my flight.

Took me a little while to find this lounge, and receptionist a bit taken aback when I handed over my UK credit card claiming it would give me access. But then big smile as the electronic equipment recognised it and granted me access.

Quite packed to begin with but I still found a seat beneath an air con duct - lovely and cool and fresh smelling. Then most of the people departed and I was in a mostly empty lounge browsing the Web on my iPad with a good selection of food and drink (including beer wine and spirits) to while away the time until my gate opened. Checked out the toilets on my way out, fine except the soap dispensers seemed broken, and nice showers.

I was checking out a review of BKK -> DOH on a Qatar Airways A340-600 when I realised it containing footage of the Air France KLM lounge and I thought it might be of interest to BMs. Footage of the lounge begins around 1:38 and runs for a couple of minutes.

• 5 weeks later...
On 22/09/2018 at 21:21, Luv2Phuket said:

I have the AMEX Platinum (personal) and renewed it.

I just enrolled.  My friend referred me and she'll get a 15,000 points referral credit.

My notes:

• Spend $5,000 in the first three months (my annual ballet patron gala ticket is $1,500 so that'll take a bite out of that) for 60k Rewards points.
  • Get $200 in Uber / UberEats credits
  • Get $200 in airline incidental credits
  • Get $100 in Saks Fifth credit ($50 July-December, $50 January-June) (had to enroll)
  • Centurion Lounge access (just present the card), plus additional lounge access - https://www.americanexpress.com/findalounge
  • Priority Pass Select (now I have two)

Also, bookings on AmexTravel, Hilton and Marriott benefits, etc.

Anything else?

Benefits Dashboard:

On 22/09/2018 at 21:21, Luv2Phuket said:

There are a couple of other perks like free ShopRunner access and free Boingo wifi that I really haven't taken advantage of yet.

Anything else?

On 10/09/2018 at 12:28, hioctane said:

There is another negative about the Amex that you forgot to mention. You can only select 1 airline to apply those incidentals too and you can only change that selection once per year. 

Please elaborate.

Actually, it's on my list to investigate how to apply the $200 incidentals.  I use United the most domestically, so should I just register United?

Please elaborate.
Actually, it's on my list to investigate how to apply the $200 incidentals.  I use United the most domestically, so should I just register United?

With some airlines you can buy gift cards for the airline so you are not limited to incidentals.

Anything else?

You should have waited for the 100k offer.

Archived