IGNORED

My recommended Mobiles

daocat555

I have never heard about any of those mobiles before except the Sony. Is it all Chinese mobiles ? 

I will always use and stick to Samsung myself. My recommended phone is the Samsung s9. 

I really like the Samsung S9 and think it's an excellent phone.  Four of the five mobiles are Chinese; the Sony is not.  Number 6 would have been a Samsung, the J6 2018 which is less than 5,000 baht at Lazada.

Per gsmarena:

Pocophone has done what OnePlus couldn't achieve this year - come up with a flagship killer with a jaw-dropping price. The F1 has everything and we mean everything - a premium screen with a notch that holds the infrared scanner for face unlock, the latest Snapdragon chip, expandable storage, stereo speakers, all the necessary ports, and high-end camera experience on both sides of the device.

If OnePlus ever makes a phone with decent audio output (hasn't happened yet, maybe 6T) then maybe they will make the list.

is it new companies with cheap phones, but the mobiles are actually very good ? its kind of the same as Huawei did to get into the market. good quality mobiles which was cheap in the start. Now they are just as expensive as other mobiles.

2 hours ago, Potato83 said:

I have never heard about any of those mobiles before except the Sony. Is it all Chinese mobiles ? 

I will always use and stick to Samsung myself. My recommended phone is the Samsung s9. 

I have been using the s2 pro for a few months and could not be happier. i get 2 days out of a charge and I am a heavy user

https://www.devicespecifications.com/en/comparison/c93bf2988

https://www.gizchina.com/2018/03/15/umidigi-s2-pro-vs-samsung-galaxy-s9-should-you-pay-the-extra/

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

Big thumbs up for the Umidigi shout out.  I have a Umidigi One Pro on order for a friend.  I read in an article where Samsung averages 50% profit on every phone sold and Xiaomi 10%.  So yes Huawei and Xiaomi and Meizu are trying to earn market share and customer loyalty.  I think they are doing a good job with that.

5 minutes ago, Soi7 said:

I have been using the s2 pro for a few months and could not be happier. i get 2 days out of a charge and I am a heavy user

https://www.gizchina.com/2018/03/15/umidigi-s2-pro-vs-samsung-galaxy-s9-should-you-pay-the-extra/

Yeah the Samsung phones are both expensive and the battery doesnt last more than one day if you use it a lot. I'm sure the phone u use are really good too, but I can't buy it in the shops in Norway and if I have some issue with the mobile it's much easier to go to the shop to fix it. 

I understand exactly what you're saying the phone I have is not sold here in Thailand either I ordered it from China had it delivered to the US and A friend brought it to me. Should I have problems with it I will probably have a $275 paperweight.

Yeah the Samsung phones are both expensive and the battery doesnt last more than one day if you use it a lot. I'm sure the phone u use are really good too, but I can't buy it in the shops in Norway and if I have some issue with the mobile it's much easier to go to the shop to fix it. 

Sent from my LG-H962 using Tapatalk

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

I use note 8 and before that i was using z5 ti tell the truth is no phone battery is good enough to last whole day for me.. so i just look for best camera and performance and note 8 is so far the best now for me

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

4,000 baht to 11,000 baht and not one of them is better than the Huawei P20 Pro.

The upcoming LG V40 ThinQ I would expect to be better than the P20 Pro, in several respects but less good with respect to having a compact form.  For me, but certainly not for all, I would prefer the upcoming Meizu 16X to the P20 Pro.  Meizu has an upgrade to the 15 called the 16th.  But it seems to have the same camera as the 15, with pretty much just a taller screen and an improved SoC.  Still it is less expensive than the P20 Pro, and an okay value at about 15,000 baht.

I liked the look and specs and price of the new Huawei Nova 3. Nearly bought it but then looked up the network bands and realized I wouldn't get any 4G if I took it back home. Bummer. So, might have to fall back to the more expensive P20 (or maybe S9).

• 2 weeks later...
My current best lists.

Best 6,000 baht phone: the Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite from Lazada.

Best 10,000 baht phone: the Xiaomi Pocophone F1 from Lazada.

Best 22,000 baht phone: the Huawei P20 Pro from Lazada.

Most anticipated upcoming phones:

1) Meizu 16X
2) LG V40 ThinQ
3) Google Pixel 3

Best phone with April 2018 release which is my current phone and I'm sticking with it:  Meizu 15

Best phone less than 3,000 baht:  Cubot Nova from aliexpress for 2,400 baht.

Phones which I hyped a lot and then subsequent reviews brought them down; Xiaomi Mi 8 SE, Umidigi One Pro, and Xiaomi Redmi 6A.

Best phone for 4,860 baht: Samsung Galaxy J6 2018 from Lazada.

On 29/08/2018 at 06:07, daocat555 said:

One thing I've heard about the Chinese phones like the Pocophone F1 (designed and made in India?) is that although they have big bright screens you cannot watch hi res Netflix / Amazon Prime Video on them because they did not purchase the required DRM licence for them, so Netflix eg you have to watch in low res.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, you are correct nekkid, however I have seen the Poco Netflix video on low resolution side by side with a Samsung S9 on high resolution (on YouTube), and to me there is not a big difference.  The biggest flaw, I think, of the Poco is that it does not cover USA 4G bands well for people who visit the USA and need a phone which works in Thailand and the USA.  Those people might want to consider the OnePlus 6 or 6T which covers all USA bands.

October 9'th is the date of the announcement of the Google Pixel 3 and 3 XL, which I am looking forward to.

The Poco 6/128 Armoured Edition is at Lazada for 12,990 baht, by the way, and for those people interested in the Poco, I feel this Edition is the one to buy.

Huawei P20 very satisfied. Good camera, Android 8.1 

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

I've had the Samsung J7 Pro for a few months now and am happy with it, no negatives. Circ 9000 baht. Just been updated to Android 8

3 hours ago, daocat555 said:

Yes, you are correct nekkid, however I have seen the Poco Netflix video on low resolution side by side with a Samsung S9 on high resolution (on YouTube), and to me there is not a big difference.  The biggest flaw, I think, of the Poco is that it does not cover USA 4G bands well for people who visit the USA and need a phone which works in Thailand and the USA.  Those people might want to consider the OnePlus 6 or 6T which covers all USA bands.

October 9'th is the date of the announcement of the Google Pixel 3 and 3 XL, which I am looking forward to.

The Poco 6/128 Armoured Edition is at Lazada for 12,990 baht, by the way, and for those people interested in the Poco, I feel this Edition is the one to buy.

I think I watched that same YouTube video. Still think it's a bit of a letdown tbh. Maybe that will change if I get to try one first hand.

I think I saw the base Poco 64 GB on offer for not much over 10,000 THB on Lazada while I was in Pattaya and toyed with getting one sent to my hotel. However, it should soon be on offer in the UK, and if I bought one there it would have UK consumer protections etc.

I've had this for almost a year -

Ulefone T1 Global Version 5.5 Inch 6GB RAM 64GB ROM MTK Helio P25 Octa core 4G Smartphone ROM Expandable to 256 GB

Cost under AUD $260 Delivered to Sydney - say 6300  Baht

Very good specs. Not a 'brand' name but does an excellent job

https://www.banggood.com/Ulefone-T1-Global-Version-5_5-Inch-6GB-RAM-64GB-ROM-MTK-Helio-P25-Octa-core-4G-Smartphone-p-1177311.html?rmmds=myorder

Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards.

1 hour ago, THAJEC said:

Huawei P20 very satisfied. Good camera, Android 8.1 

Had this one for a few weeks now. Love it. Camera is excellent, great battery life, fast, stylish and everything just works. Great all round performer. 

I came, I saw, I mongered!

The Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro arrived at Lazada yesterday for 6,990 baht.  You get a lot of phone for that price with a big display, battery, capable camera, and reasonable chipset.

On 9/29/2018 at 09:56, hoopbhoy said:

Had this one for a few weeks now. Love it. Camera is excellent, great battery life, fast, stylish and everything just works. Great all round performer. 

Hate to quote myself but another advantage of the P20 for frequent flyers is a dual sim slot. 

I came, I saw, I mongered!

Archived