hioctane

Owner views on subletting?

LOTTELLEE WINNA

Any rentals I have ever had in LoS, in Australia or UK have had a ‘no subletting’ clause. Quite right too. Owners want to know who is renting their property, and in Thailand the authorities require to know who is living there.

Anybody trying to sublet without the owners permission is bang out of order.

Oukiva
2 hours ago, hioctane said:

I haven't decided on anything. I was just postulating how it could work. //

Before postulating anything, just look at your contract. As several members already said it, it's more than likely that you have a "no subletting" clause in it, so question closed. :wink:

Edit: A quick search on Google shows that it's more than no "no subletting" clause. To sublet you must have a clause in your contract that explicitly says that you can do so !

"The right of the lessee to sublet or assignment of his lease must be included in the lease agreement or the lessee is under Thai laws not allowed to sublet or assign the lease to another person." from here.

Edited by Oukiva

hioctane

Admin can close this thread now. I see subletting is not the way to go.

Cheers!

Sent from my View XL using Tapatalk

Ru4Real
5 hours ago, hioctane said:

You already admitted you don't own a rental property so your opinion is of no real value to me. Carry on.

:Oops1:

rana392

I own some rentals and 100% agree with what ru4real stated and for the same reasons.

If I found someone subletting in breach of the contract they would be on the street in 15 minutes.

likeaking

To the OP:

The sublet scheme may work out on paper and get you the equivalent of a month rent free but there are other factors you may want to consider. How about your peace of mind when you're at home and have to be concerned about the property you're subletting when not in Pattaya?  But then you say you'll put that responsibility for non-payment, theft, damage, on a local bar girl. A bar girl and responsibiity, especially for something that doesn't affect her,  seems a reach. For me, peace of mind is worth more than a month's rent but if you're confortable with it, go for it.