IGNORED

buying and exporting a car ?

dude26

hello ,

Anybody could tell me what documents do i need to buy a classic car ?    It's expensive in France ,  but i can afford a nice one in Thailand .  

i own a condo in Pattaya  and i have a bank account , but i am not living in Thailand  , i guess i can say i am resident ?  car is in Chonburi , the guy told me he has that green document about the car (??) .    I have also an international driving licence .

Then did someone here already tried to export a car out of Thailand ?   i will have to deal with the rules of my country to import but what are the rules in Thailand to export ?   For now the project is just to have my own car in Thailand and use it when i am there .   i have some money at bank and i don t really trust the banking system , so i 'd like to buy something that's mine and that i can touch with my hands , not just numbers on electronics account that could vanish with bankrupcy  .    If i really love that car i may try to export it in France .   thanks

Thanks 

15 minutes ago, dude26 said:

hello ,

Anybody could tell me what documents do i need to buy a classic car ?    It's expensive in France ,  but i can afford a nice one in Thailand .  

i own a condo in Pattaya  and i have a bank account , but i am not living in Thailand  , i guess i can say i am resident ?  car is in Chonburi , the guy told me he has that green document about the car (??) .    I have also an international driving licence .

Then did someone here already tried to export a car out of Thailand ?   i will have to deal with the rules of my country to import but what are the rules in Thailand to export ?   For now the project is just to have my own car in Thailand and use it when i am there .   i have some money at bank and i don t really trust the banking system , so i 'd like to buy something that's mine and that i can touch with my hands , not just numbers on electronics account that could vanish with bankrupcy  .    If i really love that car i may try to export it in France .   thanks

Thanks 

http://www.asiatradingonline.com/carexports.htm

These people should be able to tell you all you need to know. The vehicle concerned has to be de-registered before export but again these, amongst others,

will do that for you. What you will need to know is the import rules in the destination country.

Thanks a lot , that's helpfull .   most difficult part will be dealing with french rules for sure .  

Just Curious---What type and Year is this car your trying to Export?

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

Based on the car prices I’ve seen in Thailand, I can’t imagine any classic car that you could buy there that would be less than if you had bought in the US.

I’d also imagine the shipping would be significantly less expensive and more streamlined. I cant even imagine the greater likelihood of being scammed by Thai customs or any other government agency or broker along the way.  

Never forget that in France and in Brazil they drive on the right side (pun intended).

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2018 at 21:14, b0b said:

Never forget that in France and in Brazil they drive on the right side (pun intended).

Sorry but they drive on the wrong side. The left side is the right side :D

Archived