Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Majestic Grande Sold to Hilton

direct_voyage

As the title says, my favorite BKK Nana hotel has been sold to Hilton.  I stayed there last weekend and the entire lobby is closed as they are remodeling to become a DoubleTree Hilton property.  (Picture from the lobby.)

I'm not sure what this means for the nice pool and gym that you can currently use even when staying at the much cheaper Majestic Suites.  Guessing just a matter of time until that benefit goes away. 

Bangkok Post confirms this here: LINK

"Mr Hutton said Hilton also plans to open its second DoubleTree by Hilton, with 251 rooms, in the Phloenchit area this year. Renovations on the property, formerly the Majestic Grande hotel, were recently completed."

Sad, was a nice hotel.  Not interested in seeing Nana get a Hilton...

IMG_20180817_130735.jpg

I very much doubt that it is owned by Hilton, rather that Hilton and the building owner have come to an agreement where it operates as a Hilton Brand (Double Tree). Most major brands, Marriott, Hilton, Starwood (now Marriott) operate in this way.

This is not good. 

Yip, passed this place on my last trip in July.

Used to go to the indian restaurant in the majestic grande occassionally.

Sad, another multiple hotel group moves into lower sukhumuvit. The place is turning into new condos and hotels at a rapid pace.

Not the same. 

Always stay here when in Bangkok. Stayed in a couple of Hiltons in the UK.

Will lose it's individuality and prices will rise. Just hope the breakfast doesn't deteriorate. Rooms needed an update.

Has been catering more for the Arab and Chinese market over recent years, can see that trend continuing.

22 hours ago, pattayaplayer said:

As a Hilton Honors member, I think that is great.  Another Hilton choice in BKK and one in a good location. 

Me, too!

I stayed at the Majestic Grande years ago, and really liked it, but my recent trips have included short stays at hotels where I cashed out free night certificates (Marriott; Grand Hyatt Erawan).  DoubleTree hotels usually book for lower points than Hiltons, so nice to have another option!

For those who are unhappy, the only downside I can see is potential price increase.  Generally, when a hotel falls under the umbrella of a larger hotel chain, it must have service/facilities that are up to certain standards.  While I was happy when I stayed at the Majestic Grande, it was way back in 2009, so I don't know how well the property has held up.

My biggest question is whether they will have the FANTASTIC free cookies that DoubleTree hotels in the USA give you....

cookie.jpg

On 8/22/2018 at 20:03, direct_voyage said:

As the title says, my favorite BKK Nana hotel has been sold to Hilton.  I stayed there last weekend and the entire lobby is closed as they are remodeling to become a DoubleTree Hilton property.  (Picture from the lobby.)

I'm not sure what this means for the nice pool and gym that you can currently use even when staying at the much cheaper Majestic Suites.  Guessing just a matter of time until that benefit goes away. 

Bangkok Post confirms this here: LINK

"Mr Hutton said Hilton also plans to open its second DoubleTree by Hilton, with 251 rooms, in the Phloenchit area this year. Renovations on the property, formerly the Majestic Grande Hotel, were recently completed."

Sad, was a nice hotel.  Not interested in seeing Nana get a Hilton...

IMG_20180817_130735.jpg

Did you find out a date for the property opening as a DoubleTree?

FWIW, maybe just semantics, but the Majestic Grande was not "sold" to Hilton -- it is still owned by the same company.  According to this press release, they signed a deal for Hilton to manage and operate it under the DoubleTree brand:

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/Corporate/30340254

My favorite also, was there last trip. Love the sauna and steam room after a night out

edit. Price look ok still for the rest of the year, always around £50 a night

Another hand in the pie.

I spend half my money on hookers and booze ,the other half I waste.

Archived