Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Looking for Condo Possibilities in Jomtien and Na Jomtien

ChiFlyer

Hello,

I am returning to the Jomtien area in September for 6 months. My plans at this time are to move toward being a mostly full time ex-pat shortly after this trip. During this 6 month stay I would like to check out some condo properties that are better suited for longer term stays. I am thinking rent for one year starting next May and during that time look to buy if I see what I want.

During my 6 month stay I will be in VT2A. Nice enough place with a great pool area, but not really what I want longer term. Too noisy for one thing.

I am looking for recommendations for places worth checking out during my 6 month stay. I am most interested in Phartamnak, South Jomtien, and Na Jomtien.

I have seen Reflections and love the place, but it is probably just out of my price range. Also, I hear it is largely Russian owned and being a lone American in a Russian community does not appeal to me. No offense intended to anyone.

What I would like is:

• Quiet - no nearby bar noise
  • Good pool area
  • 1 or 2 bedroom condo, preferably 2
  • close to the Ocean
  • good size - 120 M or so
  • modern kitchen, with an oven if possible
  • modern bathroom(s)
  • Jacuzzi would be a plus

that is probably an undoable wish list, but these are things I am interested in.

By current costs, I am willing to look at the 10 M baht level. Would rather spend less, but would not we all.

Again, I would want to rent for one year as a starting point.

For 10 million baht, you could get a place the size you want at VT6, or maybe even Northshore. 

13 hours ago, WhiteThai said:

For 10 million baht, you could get a place the size you want at VT6, or maybe even Northshore. 

I think VT6, if I remember correctly, is near Central Festival in Pattaya. I would prefer a little more laid back location like South Jomtien.

I see that Northshore is also in a busier area of Pattaya, so same comment.

Thanks for getting back, but I am a little older and seldom venture out to the locales that many of the BMs like. I have spent a lot of time is said locales and enjoyed myself often and thoroughly. :)

I think you’re looking in areas outside of my usual ‘comfort zone’ and out of my usual price range :rolleyes: but, on Pratamnak you may want to look at VT3 and also the new one going up, the Sands. Not sure if that’s completely finished though.

Cetus is quality in Jomtien- though you’ll have to check out if there’s music from the beach at night. Otherwise, Dusit Grand on second road may be worth a look - though empty lots near it could be built on & there’s meant to be development on Rhompo as well.

I don’t know Na Jomtien at all.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

In looking for somewhere quiet, one crucial question you must ask yourself is whether you will want/need to be within easy distance of the baht bus route, or whether your own transport (car, motorbike) will be sufficient.

I suspect Pratumnak would be the most suitable area for you - its nice and quiet there.  I'd start off with a good real estate agent website like https://www.gecko-properties.com/  and see what you find that inspires you.  If you search on that site for Pratumnak area, Sale and price from B9m upwards, you'll find plenty of ~100sq m condos of a couple of bedrooms that look quiet, with a good modern pool, kitchen and bathroom that are close to the ocean.  If you wander around those listings enough, you'll probably home in on a few specific condo blocks that you can then individually get to know in detail.

Best of luck.

On 22/08/2018 at 14:16, ChiFlyer said:
  • 10MB

It isnt easy to find that combination in modern buildings, but I've seen 2-bed 100+sqm units in Reflection for an asking price of not much over 10MB.

What about older buildings somewhere further down Na Jomtien? Like Krisda Golden or Ocean Marina. No shortage of large units there in your price range. Many other suitable buildings down that way also. Or is that too far?

Metro would be well within your budget.

Places like Cetus and Aeras seem to be above your price per sqm, and it isnt easy to find 120sqm units in 2-bed configuration in those modern buildings anyway. So I think you will have to concentrate on older buildings.

For that price and size all you will find in VT buildings will be corner units (which you may well like), or possibly some studio units that have been knocked together, but those latter rarely have good layouts in my experience.

2 hours ago, KittenKong said:

It isnt easy to find that combination in modern buildings, but I've seen 2-bed 100+sqm units in Reflection for an asking price of not much over 10MB.

Thought I already posted a reply, but guess I backed it out somehow. Sorry if this is a dupe.

Thanks for the info.

I have looked over Reflections website and the prices I see for a 2 bedroom are in the 12 M+ range (Unfurnished). I like corner units. I have interest in Na Jomtien and Sattahip as well. 

Agreed this will be a search.

Check out Jomtien Complex Condotel. It is a block from the beach. The studios are 68 meters so the 2 bedrooms must be 120-130. It is an older building but very well maintained. New tennis courts, a very large swimming pool and gym. My unit has thick glass doors to the balcony. When I close those doors I don't hear anything at night. They are well within your price range. 

The wife and I were very happy for 20 years, then we met.

If you buy new there is usually a one time sinking fund cost which is based upon the size of your unit times whatever the development charges.  I.e. 120 sq meters x 600 baht = 72,000 baht.  You should also find out what the CAM fee charges are, they are also usually based upon the size of your unit times a rate of anywhere from 10 baht per sq meter upwards depending upon the complex.  This is a monthly fee although some complexes require all 12 months to be paid at once.  If you change your mind about being near the beach and would consider a quiet area in Pattaya let me know.

8 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

I have looked over Reflections website and the prices I see for a 2 bedroom are in the 12 M+ range (Unfurnished). I like corner units.

I see 100sqm 2-bed units for around 10MB as mentioned.

https://www.hipflat.co.th/en/projects/reflection-oeprld

I would forget buying direct from the developer unless you are getting in at the launch.

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 14:16, ChiFlyer said:

Hello,

I am returning to the Jomtien area in September for 6 months. My plans at this time are to move toward being a mostly full time ex-pat shortly after this trip. During this 6 month stay I would like to check out some condo properties that are better suited for longer term stays. I am thinking rent for one year starting next May and during that time look to buy if I see what I want.

During my 6 month stay I will be in VT2A. Nice enough place with a great pool area, but not really what I want longer term. Too noisy for one thing.

I am looking for recommendations for places worth checking out during my 6 month stay. I am most interested in Phartamnak, South Jomtien, and Na Jomtien.

I have seen Reflections and love the place, but it is probably just out of my price range. Also, I hear it is largely Russian owned and being a lone American in a Russian community does not appeal to me. No offense intended to anyone.

What I would like is:

• Quiet - no nearby bar noise
  • Good pool area
  • close to the Ocean
  • modern kitchen, with an oven if possible
  • modern bathroom(s)
  • Jacuzzi would be a plus

that is probably an undoable wish list, but these are things I am interested in.

By current costs, I am willing to look at the 10 M baht level. Would rather spend less, but would not we all.

Again, I would want to rent for one year as a starting point.

Try baht&sold ,look up for Metro Jomtien , as there are some like over 160sqm ones dropped in price from 10 mill.+ to around 7.5 mill.

Undistracted beach view   https://www.bahtsold.com/view/direct-oceanfront-condo-2-bed-with-spectacular-view-336697 

I saw this from owner advert around 7.5 mill coming from 10 mill. reason ….divorce

Direct Oceanfront Condo 2 Bed with Spectacular View _ Condos & .pdf

sea view metro.jpg

Metro building view.jpg

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

On 8/23/2018 at 11:44, SirL said:

In looking for somewhere quiet, one crucial question you must ask yourself is whether you will want/need to be within easy distance of the baht bus route, or whether your own transport (car, motorbike) will be sufficient.

I suspect Pratumnak would be the most suitable area for you - its nice and quiet there.  I'd start off with a good real estate agent website like https://www.gecko-properties.com/  and see what you find that inspires you.  If you search on that site for Pratumnak area, Sale and price from B9m upwards, you'll find plenty of ~100sq m condos of a couple of bedrooms that look quiet, with a good modern pool, kitchen and bathroom that are close to the ocean.  If you wander around those listings enough, you'll probably home in on a few specific condo blocks that you can then individually get to know in detail.

Best of luck.

Your surrounding can be quiet however it is luck of the draw with your neighbours.

One reason i would rent in Pattaya, among others, is the thought of shelling out my money to find i have party animals living beside me.

You can have the most of enjoyable of stays in hotels only to have the silence shattered by the room next door being inhibited by people who think nothing of watching TV at full volume all night.

I will try and get 6 month leases, if possible, so that i can move on if i want quickly. 

20 minutes ago, PBear66 said:

You can have the most of enjoyable of stays in hotels only to have the silence shattered by the room next door being inhibited by people who think nothing of watching TV at full volume all night.

The 2 places that I rented before I bought my condo I got rooms on the end to reduce the chance of having loud neighbors.

9 hours ago, usexpat46 said:

The 2 places that I rented before I bought my condo I got rooms on the end to reduce the chance of having loud neighbors.

A million things can go wrong.

A cop open a 24 hr. karaoke nearby, construction on a neighboring lot can rattle your teeth, or the neighbor lights up a charcoal BBQ next to your window or how about the people that live within view of the Theprasit / Thappraya junction that now have their room lit up by a giant advertising Billboard brighter than the sun.

RENT!

2 hours ago, jiz said:

A cop open a 24 hr. karaoke nearby, construction on a neighboring lot can rattle your teeth, or the neighbor lights up a charcoal BBQ next to your window or how about the people that live within view of the Theprasit / Thappraya junction that now have their room lit up by a giant advertising Billboard brighter than the sun.

RENT!

My reply to PBear66, if you look again, was his concern about loud noise from adjacent rooms.  Get a room at the end of the hallway and you'll reduce the odds by 50%.  This applies to whether one is renting or buying.

On 30/08/2018 at 05:40, jiz said:

RENT!

I have been fairly lucky with my quiet condo environment until recently. The restaurant next door decided to keep chickens (i guess for eggs) and they have a cockerel who crows starting at 5am almost all day long, drives me crazy. None of the Thais think this is out of order for a residential area. What annoys me more is that it is totally unnecessary, the restuarant can buys eggs at the market.

1 hour ago, chris2004 said:

I have been fairly lucky with my quiet condo environment until recently. The restaurant next door decided to keep chickens (i guess for eggs) and they have a cockerel who crows starting at 5am almost all day long, drives me crazy. None of the Thais think this is out of order for a residential area. What annoys me more is that it is totally unnecessary, the restuarant can buys eggs at the market.

Don’t they know that hens will lay eggs every morning without a rooster in sight?

I would offer to buy that rooster for a premium on the condition....no more fucking roosters!

Archived