Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Pattaya to Suvarnabhumi: how long?

propellerhead

I'm trying to figure out what time to book a flight out of BKK... How long does it realistically take to catch a taxi or limo from Pattaya and get to Suvarnabhumi? Four hours?

It takes about 1 hour 40 minutes straight journey with no hold ups, but to be on the safe side give yourself a bit more time!

I'm trying to figure out what time to book a flight out of BKK... How long does it realistically take to catch a taxi or limo from Pattaya and get to Suvarnabhumi? Four hours?

two hours max

took over 3 hrs from airport to pattaya on the 20th march,talking to someone in a bar came from bkk on the same day took 4 hrs.

I usually take under 2 hours on the airport bus so a taxi should be a bit quicker. you can get held up on the roadworks on the motorway in the daytime but after hours its very quick.

Budget 2 hours for the trip. Be aware the bus from the station run by Bell Company may not leave on time.

I took it this past Sunday and we didn't depart until 9:30 despite the schedule saying 9:00 AM was departure time.

Then we rear-ended a car on the freeway. Finished the last 1/2 of the trip with 5 other people plus luggage in the

back of a 1987 Toyota pick-up, making my flight as the last person to check-in. If it wasn't for the supervisor at

Passport control processing me personally (avoiding all existing lines), I probably would have missed the plane. A

harrowing adventure, to say the least.

Don't forget there is a middle ground between bus and taxi. It's called a mini-van. You may be able to hook up with

other BMs using this board. Also, there are mini-van companies that will pick you up and deliver you to the departure

terminal. Remember there may be additional stops to get others, so you could be in Pattaya 1/2 hour after you have

been picked up at your hotel. It is a comfortable way to go; the best way is to hook up with others. Your hotel may

be able to connect you with other guests, too. I did that once and it worked out beautifully.

Cowards die many times before their deaths;

The valiant never taste of death but once.

William Shakespeare, "Julius Caesar", Act II Scene 2

I found the mini bus a bit frustrating as you can sometimes be the first pickup and drive around pattaya for an hour picking up other people. then the bus takes about the same time to get there as the bell transport bus anyway.

two hours max

I would never say 2 hours max - especially not at night or in the rush hours. There are some pretty major road works with nightmarish chicanes at the moment which slow you down.

I have done the trip twice in the last week and it took me 1hr 40 the first time (mid-day) and 2hr 15 the 2nd. The latter time the return trip took me closer to 3 hours.

Im an average driver, neither fast nor slow.

I would suggest you allow 2 hours from 1st check in i.e. 4 hours from actual departure. If you do get there in under 2 hours you will have a smaller queue to deal with and can relax without luggage so its no big deal.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

• 1 month later...

i did hear a few stories of it taking 4 hours!!! on my last trip in october/november i arrived on a friday night around 7pm, all was going well until we hit the road works, then slow slow, speeded up again, then slow again, seemed bad at that major junction that bends off to the left after about an hour?? (cant remember junction name but alot of traffic seems to bear off at it rayong?) then seemed to speed up and all was cool, took about 3 hours, it was a friday night though, coming back from patts to airport took under 2 hours but this was mid afternoon on a saturday.

i will be giving myself 4 hours for taxi to airport, if no traffic no problem i just mong in airport gutted that i have to go home like on previous trips.

Give yourself three hours plus two hours for checking in.

That way, if it takes longer, you'll still have time to check in. If you're early, you can pop into Chang massage for a one hour Foot, Head & Shoulder massage for 380 baht.

• 2 weeks later...

If you can manage to book a flight on a Sunday do so. There is the least traffic on the road on the way to the airport, especially in the morning.

Travelling by road to any destination in Bangkok is also the easiest on a Sunday. A taxi might get you from A to B within half an hour, whilst the same trip could mean being stuck in traffic for an eternity on a Friday afternoon. :D