IGNORED

Dining at The Avenue

Evil Penevil

Just now, The Danimal said:

Amazing...I have never had amazing pizza outside the US ...that includes Italy ….once a good one in HK...so I will have to try this now

Most pizzas are good, some great. Very few are lousy. 

My favorite pizza is in the T21, the floor below PALA Pizza. 2nd floor?

Italian Osteria. Great italian chef in there making the meter long Rome pizzas. 

KittenKong will pop a vessel when he sees the price though.  

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, jiz said:

Most pizzas are good, some great. Very few are lousy. 

My favorite pizza is in the T21, the floor below PALA Pizza. 2nd floor?

Italian Osteria. Great italian chef in there making the meter long Rome pizzas. 

KittenKong will pop a vessel when he sees the price though.  

I prefer deep dish/hand tossed Chicago/Detroit style...but I can fancy a good thin crust/NY style.... but the sauce has to be on point...that being said I would disagree that most pizzas are good (especially in Asia..edible-yes..good...nah)...huge bell curve on pizzas for me and less of a straight line....I have avoided T21 like the plague so far but now that traffic has subsided since opening I will also try this Pala place

6 hours ago, The Danimal said:

After the Grand Avenue opens I think you'll see a decent uptick in business there...I hope at least

When the avenue first opened there was a food court at the back. There is a hairdressers and an empty unit there now.

The same comment was made when the condos on Soi 15 opened. The food court first halved in size, then closed for good. 

I wish them luck, but...

7 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Actually I think that if they get the pricing right this food court could do very well, as there is no real competition anywhere nearby and the municipality keeps moving street food vendors on. It also has the advantage of being on the ground floor and visible. There are a lot of Thais and farangs in that area who would like a quick cheap meal in relative cleanliness and comfort.

But my bet is that the pricing wont be right simply because the rents will be too high. The perennial problem in The Avenue.

I think you are right. They want 30% of turnover plus 7% tax. This means the stall holder is paying the landlord's tax. Additionally, stall holders can't see drinks, they can only be sold at the ticket counter, notice the drink fridge. There is no refrigeration in the stalls on the right.  

Just now, imitebee said:

When the avenue first opened there was a food court at the back. There is a hairdressers and an empty unit there now.

The same comment was made when the condos on Soi 15 opened. The food court first halved in size, then closed for good. 

I wish them luck, but...

Yes but grand avenue is about to open with 500 condos.

Just now, Kahoy said:

about to open? i don't think so. a couple of blocks may be getting closer but no way 500 for maybe 1/2 years and i doubt they can be all sold

Just now, striderman said:

about to open? i don't think so. a couple of blocks may be getting closer but no way 500 for maybe 1/2 years and i doubt they can be all sold

Once that pool is done it will be more or less complete I think. The place will be like The Base I think, an itinerant hotel for Chinese tourists mainly. Centara is already very popular for them.

Just now, Kahoy said:

Once that pool is done it will be more or less complete I think. The place will be like The Base I think, an itinerant hotel for Chinese tourists mainly. Centara is already very popular for them.

this is not fantasy island. i walk past the place frequently and i can see how much work it is going to take to get even part of it complete

11 hours ago, The Danimal said:

Amazing...I have never had amazing pizza outside the US ...that includes Italy ….once a good one in HK...so I will have to try this now

The crust is not traditional. So if you're looking for traditional you should have eaten at Pizza Art in Jomtien before they closed.

16 hours ago, Kahoy said:

I think you are right. They want 30% of turnover plus 7% tax. This means the stall holder is paying the landlord's tax. Additionally, stall holders can't see drinks, they can only be sold at the ticket counter, notice the drink fridge. There is no refrigeration in the stalls on the right.  

almost 800 actually with many 2 bedrooms

15 hours ago, striderman said:

there are less than 30 available....maybe 20

15 hours ago, striderman said:

this is not fantasy island. i walk past the place frequently and i can see how much work it is going to take to get even part of it complete

I also go in there frequently and pop in all 6 buildings...pool is almost completely tiled...toilets in...a/c units in...basically counters/cabinets/bathroom finishes are what is left...I would agree 4-6 months though

6 hours ago, The Danimal said:

almost 800 actually with many 2 bedrooms

Do you know how big they are? I'd like to rent a 2 bedroom but some 2 bedroom condos around the second bedroom is just a single bed for kids. I need a full sized second bedroom and preferable 2 bathrooms.

Just now, Kahoy said:

Do you know how big they are? I'd like to rent a 2 bedroom but some 2 bedroom condos around the second bedroom is just a single bed for kids. I need a full sized second bedroom and preferable 2 bathrooms.

mine is 65SM...both bedrooms are nice sizes and they both have nice sized bathrooms with the second bathroom (non-master) accessible from the living area as well.  the two bedroom places have smaller living areas though...but comfortable enough for 4-6 people I'd say and all have full kitchens with large fridges and cooktops.  Some 2BD may be a couple meters bigger/smaller but nothing significant

On 18/12/2018 at 13:04, Kahoy said:

How many condos were about to open in Avenue residence, The Urban and City Garden combined, not to mention the Pride? And still the food court that was at the Avenue didnt survive...

I hope this one, for the sake of the vendor's, does better than the last. As part of it is air conditioned i guess it might...

Yet another food court, same same as all the others in the shopping malls, Adding the mc donaldisification to simple food, When if ever i mc shit i leave it in the box, it is generally warmer and more tasty.

58 minutes ago, bluechef said:

Yet another food court, same same as all the others in the shopping malls, Adding the mc donaldisification to simple food, When if ever i mc shit i leave it in the box, it is generally warmer and more tasty.

The next big mac I eat will be my first...

Just now, Kahoy said:

My next one will be my second.

My First was 30 years ago.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I ordered two Big Macs when they first came to London ,on my way to see football ,took two bites ,threw them both in the bin and never had one since and that would have been over 35 years ago 

My next one will be my second.
My First was 30 years ago.

My first Big Mac was 35 years ago... the one I’m finishing off right now I recon is my 3000th... mmmmmmmm
7730bee3ecc8e0cae16dd467c68a5b1a.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

that food court started life with a non air con section. they have already given that idea up as a bad job and the air con is being extended

153418101_21dec026(Custom).JPG.4bc0e7e617084187858c3fa168093367.JPG

it was built with plenty of capacity !!!!

On 19/12/2018 at 21:34, The Danimal said:

but comfortable enough for 4-6 people 

65sqm condo comfortable for 4-6 people?

On 19/12/2018 at 13:11, The Danimal said:

there are less than 30 available....maybe 20

Standard "buy now, act quickly, only a few left" business practice?

On 20/12/2018 at 06:01, Kahoy said:

I ate my first one in 1978.   Not yet ready to have a second one.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

On 28/12/2018 at 14:18, ocka said:

I ate my first one in 1978.   Not yet ready to have a second one.

very true

Archived