IGNORED

Hotel near airport I can chill for the day before my flight

tobeornottobe

My flight from Phuket to bangkok is at 6am on the 30th however my Flight from Bangkok to dublin doesnt leave 2am on the 31st , I dont really want to spend 18 hours sitting around an airport so Im looking for recommendations for hotels close by that will allow guests 

7 minutes ago, tobeornottobe said:

Im looking for recommendations for hotels close by that will allow guests 

aren't guest fundamental for (most) hotels business model :WhoSaw1:

10 minutes ago, Kandinski said:

aren't guest fundamental for (most) hotels business model :WhoSaw1:

Guests of mine as in Girl Friendly

28 minutes ago, tobeornottobe said:

My flight from phuket to bangkok is at 6am on the 30th however my Flight from Bangkok to dublin doesnt leave 2am on the 31st , I dont really want to spend 18 hours sitting around an airport so Im looking for recommendations for hotels close by that will allow guests 

Just stay around Nana , it's only 30 mins away at that time of night 

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

41 minutes ago, tobeornottobe said:

6am on the 30th however my Flight from Bangkok to dublin doesnt leave 2am on the 31st

Bad timing of the flight from HKT, can't you change to a later?

General policy for most hotels are check-in after noon, typically 2-3PM and check-out latest noon the following day.
Assuming economy class ticket you'll have to be at the airport latest 2-3 hour before departure means you'll have to check-out from hotel sometime between 9 -11PM so, unless the hotel is carefully chosen, your stay could end up being as short as 6 hours (if only 1 night is booked that is)

20 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Just stay around Nana , it's only 30 mins away at that time of night 

Yes, you have some time and the area round the airport is not very exciting!

Book a room at Nana hotel, Sukhumvit Soi 4, one of the recently renovated rooms. If you have baggage you can put in into a locker at the airport; just take a change of clean shirt, underwear etc. to the hotel plus maybe your swimming trunks; it does have a pool.

Train from basement of airport to Makkasan runs every ten minutes/40 bahts/20 minute journey. At Makkasan follow signs to TAXI. To Nana hotel it will cost 70-80 bahts. Quicker and cheaper than taxi all the way.

Enjoy!

dump your bags in left luggage and head to suk soi 3 some nice ST hotels there that will rent for as long as u want.

hotels near airport are v expensive and reasonable ones usually full

One year ago I thought exactly  the same like you and  stayed in a hotel in Lat Krabang (airport area). Bad decision. There was nothing to do there and the free shuttle to airport took 15 mins anyway. Should have stayed around Nana and have some good fun until the end of my time in Thailand and then take a taxi to BKK in 30 mins.

Not just worth to be bored for 15hrs just to save 15 mins of travel time.

3 hours ago, tobeornottobe said:

i havent booked the flight from phuket yet but im worried about delays 

Book a flight at eight or nine in the evening , depending on who you are flying with you may be able to check your luggage all the way through to your final destination and complete immigration in Phuket , Bangkok Air are in the One World Alliance and Thai are in the Star Alliance 

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

Jump on the train downstairs to Asoke, was about 30 baht last time I used, all the hotels around Soi Cowboy are GF as far as I know. Or jump on the sky train there and get a hotel around Nana.

Cheers

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Archived