Evil Penevil

Isan Generations

Irenicus

Nice pics. Have any of the lady you wanna share? Did you settle down and become the 11th member living in the house? 

Evil Penevil
1 hour ago, Irenicus said:

Nice pics. Have any of the lady you wanna share? Did you settle down and become the 11th member living in the house? 

I met one of the girls in the family in an establishment in Bangkok.  She was eager to get married, but I wasn't. She married a Thai guy about a year later and I lost Touch with her.  She contacted me a few months ago through a mamasan both of us knew.  Her marriage didn't last and she has two kids to support.  She now works in a hotel in Phuket that is owned by in-laws of one of her sisters.

I don't think it wise to post any pics of her.   She might not appreciate photographs that associate her with her past life.

Evil

dh842

The simple life...

No wonder the good looking girls escape to the big city.

CyberPro

Amazing and telling pictures of village life. 

Thanks for sharing. 

And yeah, unless farming was my gig, I'd probably be looking to escape to better opportunities as soon as possible. 

Looks like they eat well there, but drunk by 4 PM? :wacko:

Edited by CyberPro

Roadrunner

Not much seems to have changed in the last 10 years then ..

Except now they have a new pick-up parked outside,  Lol 

Tarl

Nice pics and story mate. Similar in many respects to my first visit. Must admit I did not feel safe in my first visit. Weird feeling being somewhere with no other farang, no english, and no phone coverage.

udontony
1 hour ago, Tarl said:

Nice pics and story mate. Similar in many respects to my first visit. Must admit I did not feel safe in my first visit. Weird feeling being somewhere with no other farang, no english, and no phone coverage.

Yes nice pictures.   My experience was very similar to yours Tarl except that I never felt unsafe ( except maybe from food poisoning! ) and I had absolutely no idea where I was.   Came on a cheap, slow bus and arrived in the early hours of the morning, knew I was in Sakon Nakhon province but that was all I knew.  So glad I took that chance, lived here for long time now and enjoy all the time.

Not much in the small villages for them or anyone to do but farm, and evil got it right, you're up at 5 am and to bed early. The gals dream of the big city life ,, but still have their families in their hearts.and love to go back for visits.

Encora

Thanks for posting, EP.

i have very similar pictures and experiences from my early visits to Isan villages, 2001.

good memories, pleased I went, in spite of it going to custard later.

helped me a lot, understanding how and why....

Irenicus
7 hours ago, Encora said:

Thanks for posting, EP.

i have very similar pictures and experiences from my early visits to Isan villages, 2001.

good memories, pleased I went, in spite of it going to custard later.

helped me a lot, understanding how and why....

Storytime please? In another thread perhaps? :P

Edited by Irenicus

pattusa

Thanks for the pictures. I really wonder Thai village life. Never had a chance to visit some Thai villages before

I hope it comes true  in my next trip on November.

TommyUK69

I bet the lovely old wooden building has gone and been replaced by concrete house. That's what happened to the wooden home my wife's parents had.  So many of these old wooden buildings are disappearing and Thai history being lost.

Encora
On 8/8/2018 at 17:48, Irenicus said:

Storytime please? In another thread perhaps? :P

already posted, look at myhistory

Irenicus
3 hours ago, Encora said:

already posted, look at myhistory

I went through your topic history and couldn't find it. Maybe it was in the advanced section, or maybe you deleted it?

If you're talking about your normal posts, then you have ~ 4000...

Could you perhaps point me in the right direction?

CyberPro
On 8/7/2018 at 03:20, Evil Penevil said:

Through my visits, I gained a lot of understanding for the lives these girls live, which are often much more complicated than many farang think. They have hard roads to travel and I try in my interactions with them not to make it any harder. 

"Good on ya".

Insightful and informative thread. 

LOTTELLEE WINNA

OP - Great pics...many thanks for posting.

abonvivant2
On 8/7/2018 at 19:59, udontony said:

Yes nice pictures.   My experience was very similar to yours Tarl except that I never felt unsafe ( except maybe from food poisoning! ) and I had absolutely no idea where I was.   Came on a cheap, slow bus and arrived in the early hours of the morning, knew I was in Sakon Nakhon province but that was all I knew.  So glad I took that chance, lived here for long time now and enjoy all the time.

Lived in Udon now for 2 years. Lived in Pattaya for 8 years or so before that. It is strange how Thailand grows on you and changes you. I can remember the first visits to Issan with BG about 10 odd years ago. How I felt uncomfortable and sort of out of place but warmed to it and enjoyed it.. Now it just feels normal and Pattaya feels out of place. I enjoy going to the village and have friends that do not involve girls. Just normal Thai friends and enjoy a night in the village on the Lao Khao and a pig on the spit more than Pattaya

Now when I go to the gogo bar in pattaya spend my time bitching with the girls about the price of somtam 60 bht vs 30 bht. Got charged 100bht for Krapow Moo kai Dow near Tukhom. nearly had a heart attack. Should be 35 tops

Went to Khon kaen the other week for business. Could not wait to get out of the big city and back to Udon. Guess it will be a village next for me.

abonvivant2
On 8/7/2018 at 17:20, Evil Penevil said:

A lot of the girls I have known have had conflicted feelings about the big city vs the village.  When working in Pattaya or Bangkok, they miss the warmth and love of their families.  The girls with children feel sad and guilty about not spending more time with them. Most also hate the humiliation of "working bar" and "going with many men."  There's considerable danger to their souls and bodies as well, so the village is a haven for them, at least on an emotional  basis. 

But when they go back to the village for an extended time, they begin to long for the big city life.  They miss chatting and partying with friends; discos; shopping malls; restaurants; movies; karaoke; beauty salons and a hundred other things.  Life on the farm is physically demanding and the girls sure can't sleep 12 hours a day.  Everyone in the family goes to bed at 10 p.m. at the latest to be able to get up at 4.00 or 5.00 a.m. to start the day's work. 

"Boring" is how one girl summed it up.  Another told me her dream in life would be to have a job in an office or shop in Korat or Khon Kaen and visit the farm every weekend.  That's a realistic dream and thousands of Isaan girls live it.  The downside is they'd be making 12,000-15,000 baht per month if lucky, whereas they can earn four or five times that amount as a bar girl.

Through my visits, I gained a lot of understanding for the lives these girls live, which are often much more complicated than many farang think. They have hard roads to travel and I try in my interactions with them not to make it any harder. 

Evil

Truly excellent post and concur totally with the last paragraph

rope-a-dope
On 08/08/2018 at 19:13, TommyUK69 said:

I bet the lovely old wooden building has gone and been replaced by concrete house. That's what happened to the wooden home my wife's parents had.  So many of these old wooden buildings are disappearing and Thai history being lost.

They are not exactly grade 1 listed buildings fella, they are ramshackle sheds cobbled together with various bits of wood, breeze blocks, wire and corrugated sheets. As romantic as they look to you, pretty sure the inhabitants aspire to better.

udontony
On 9/3/2018 at 23:26, abonvivant2 said:

Lived in Udon now for 2 years. Lived in Pattaya for 8 years or so before that. It is strange how Thailand grows on you and changes you. I can remember the first visits to Issan with BG about 10 odd years ago. How I felt uncomfortable and sort of out of place but warmed to it and enjoyed it.. Now it just feels normal and Pattaya feels out of place. I enjoy going to the village and have friends that do not involve girls. Just normal Thai friends and enjoy a night in the village on the Lao Khao and a pig on the spit more than Pattaya

Now when I go to the gogo bar in pattaya spend my time bitching with the girls about the price of somtam 60 bht vs 30 bht. Got charged 100bht for Krapow Moo kai Dow near Tukhom. nearly had a heart attack. Should be 35 tops

Went to Khon kaen the other week for business. Could not wait to get out of the big city and back to Udon. Guess it will be a village next for me.

I go to Pattaya for a weeks holiday several times a year and same as you I see the big differences between the village and the town.  When I get to Pattaya I just accept that things will cost more, it is like two different sides to my life.   Love the life in the village and love to go to Pattaya but could never live there, living in the village is easy for me.   Visit Udon city when we need major shopping or sometimes Sakon Nakhon but never stay long and back to the village.   Have to visit Khon Kaen every few months and the beer in the bars there is more than I ever pay in beer bars in Pattaya, again good to get back home again after a trip there.

CharonTFM

Unfortunately for both sides whether it's the BG or the customer, their attitude is a reflection of the bad experience they have received. Most BG will experience or know someone who got cheated by their customer and as they age in the industry their Dreams and Motivation are crushed.

Village life can be haven for them since they are protected and loved as they grow up. But a stained paper can never go back to pure white, and the attraction of a busy, fun lifestyle just calls them back. Just like how the LOS kept whispering to us as we regaining our foothold in our own mundane life.

Regardless of the girl, I guess due respect needs to be given to them with quiet caution from the punters.

Encora
On 10/08/2018 at 02:48, Irenicus said:

I went through your topic history and couldn't find it. Maybe it was in the advanced section, or maybe you deleted it?

If you're talking about your normal posts, then you have ~ 4000...

Could you perhaps point me in the right direction?

Sorry, only just saw this

unfortunately, due to a meltdown of the boards photo storage, all the pix I had included have gone. I'll see in the next few days if my copies are easy to access, and maybe repost some here or in that thread.
It all started 18 years ago....

Since then, I have had one 3 year liaison with another working lady, which was far more intense, lots of insights and great memories. But I won't write about that anymore.

Besides the first experience like this is far more entertaining...