IGNORED

Visa advice please

sydneysteve

5 minutes ago, sydneysteve said:

Returned to Immigration today for Visit 3. Obtained a ticket and waited for about 20 minutes. Attended to by the lady Officer from Visit 1.

I sat down and explained that I had returned yesterday with originals plus copies of documents she required from my real estate agent. Lady Officer from Visit 2 required the Household Registration Book plus copy. I have today the additional document. I was then berated as if I was complaining.

She gave me glue stick to paste 1 passport photo to my Application TM87.

She handed me 1. blank piece of paper to draw a map showing location of my residence, 2. Copy of Form titled Acknowledgement of terms and conditions for Permit of temporary stay in the Kingdom of Thailand - to be signed (I asked what this document was as she was giving it to me. Told me it's in English), 3. Copy of Form titled Acknowledgement of Penalties for a Visa Overstay - to be signed.

Then come back when everything is done plus a photocopied set of all documents. I sat outside, completed my map and signed documents, then had all documents photocopied. Requested another ticket number from front desk and sat and waited. No. 714 was showing. I had No. 717. After No. 715 came back out no number change occurred. It was now after 4pm and I don't know who had No. 716 as I was the only customer sitting in the bank of chairs.

After a while, lady Officer comes out and sees me sitting and waiting. Comes over and directs me inside. Two complete sets of documents all in order after I provide another passport photo to be pasted to the TM87 photocopy. I am given a Thai written document to record my phone number. I hand over 2000 baht plus my Passport and directed over to the adjacent table. A lady at this table takes my photo with her personal phone. Another lady checks it is an acceptable photo. I'm then directed to wait outside.

Another 5 minutes passes and then I'm handed my Passport back with a slip of paper stating the date upon when I am to return to Immigration.

Third time lucky 555

Well done! :D

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would have posted this earlier but the thread was not offering me the ability to post a reply.

So I thought I was laying back waiting till 1 November to attend Chonburi Immigration and collect my Non-O Visa. Not to be. I received a phone call on Monday morning from my Immigration Officer advising me to attend Immigration as soon as possible. Something about having to fill out another form, or so I thought. Get dressed and head off to Jomtien for Visit No. 4.

I did not bother to take a ticket, I just headed straight to the office doorway. The Officer advised me that the boss in Bangkok had instructed her that my condo Lease Agreement was unacceptable. My Lease Agreement had the name of the individual Owner. If I understood correctly, if I had lodged a copy of the Owner’s Work Permit then my Lease Agreement would have been accepted. The real estate agency had previously advised me that the Owner does not have a Work Permit.

Off I head back to my real estate office. I had the Immigration Officer’s phone number so I suggested to the real estate that it might be in their interest to telephone and seek clarification as to what is now required to ensure Lease Agreements are acceptable to Immigration. A phone call ensued for about 15 minutes.

The real estate advised me that the Agency Owner would be back later and they would message when new documents would be available for pickup. I advised her that the Immigration Officer was expecting these replacement documents to be lodged today (which was true).

I received a message from the real estate about 1 hour later to return to the office. A new Lease Agreement had been drawn up. This Agreement named the Real Estate Agency with the Owner’s name in brackets as the Landlord. The Owner had signed the document and I did all my signatures as required. A single page document which is written completely in Thai was also replaced.

Off I head back to Jomtien for Visit No. 5. I arrive at Immigration and head straight to the photocopy guy to make 2 sets (Original + copy for Immigration and 1 set for myself). Once again I stand at the doorway. Said Immigration Officer not there. I speak to one of the staff. They take my documents, check them over and eventually I’m told, once again, to return on 1 November.

I had been worrying somewhat for over a week about the time between the expiration of my METV (26 October) and the date advised to return to Immigration (1 November). I showed the lady the date on my METV. She took my passport and then showed me a stamp in my passport for the period 26 October – 1 November. I really would have appreciated if I had been informed that they had put this stamp in to my passport. Maybe a TIT moment.

Fingers and toes crossed until 1 November 555

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

You are a better man than me mate.  I seriously couldn't go through all you have.  If I couldn't get a visa agent to handle it think I would have flown home and done it all there.

22 minutes ago, Tarl said:

You are a better man than me mate.  I seriously couldn't go through all you have.  If I couldn't get a visa agent to handle it think I would have flown home and done it all there.

Yes. I'm facing having to do this soon and going the agent route. Any recommendations on a good reliable one?

I would have posted this earlier but the thread was not offering me the ability to post a reply.

So I thought I was laying back waiting till 1 November to attend Chonburi Immigration and collect my Non-O Visa. Not to be. I received a phone call on Monday morning from my Immigration Officer advising me to attend Immigration as soon as possible. Something about having to fill out another form, or so I thought. Get dressed and head off to Jomtien for Visit No. 4.

I did not bother to take a ticket, I just headed straight to the office doorway. The Officer advised me that the boss in Bangkok had instructed her that my condo Lease Agreement was unacceptable. My Lease Agreement had the name of the individual Owner. If I understood correctly, if I had lodged a copy of the Owner’s Work Permit then my Lease Agreement would have been accepted. The real estate agency had previously advised me that the Owner does not have a Work Permit.

Off I head back to my real estate office. I had the Immigration Officer’s phone number so I suggested to the real estate that it might be in their interest to telephone and seek clarification as to what is now required to ensure Lease Agreements are acceptable to Immigration. A phone call ensued for about 15 minutes.

The real estate advised me that the Agency Owner would be back later and they would message when new documents would be available for pickup. I advised her that the Immigration Officer was expecting these replacement documents to be lodged today (which was true).

I received a message from the real estate about 1 hour later to return to the office. A new Lease Agreement had been drawn up. This Agreement named the Real Estate Agency with the Owner’s name in brackets as the Landlord. The Owner had signed the document and I did all my signatures as required. A single page document which is written completely in Thai was also replaced.

Off I head back to Jomtien for Visit No. 5. I arrive at Immigration and head straight to the photocopy guy to make 2 sets (Original + copy for Immigration and 1 set for myself). Once again I stand at the doorway. Said Immigration Officer not there. I speak to one of the staff. They take my documents, check them over and eventually I’m told, once again, to return on 1 November.

I had been worrying somewhat for over a week about the time between the expiration of my METV (26 October) and the date advised to return to Immigration (1 November). I showed the lady the date on my METV. She took my passport and then showed me a stamp in my passport for the period 26 October – 1 November. I really would have appreciated if I had been informed that they had put this stamp in to my passport. Maybe a TIT moment.

Fingers and toes crossed until 1 November 555

Your agent sounds good which is unexpected, immigration sound like they are either being a) difficult or b) trying to get you to pay a tip (which are still being taken by the way). If more trouble ahead and you've had enough, ask if you can pay an extra fee

21 minutes ago, blix99 said:

Yes. I'm facing having to do this soon and going the agent route. Any recommendations on a good reliable one?

Really not sure for this sorry.

45 minutes ago, blix99 said:

Assuming you're af to ter the "Retirement" Visa, then I did mine with a 2 day trip Penang, only thing I needed was a bank letter stating I had 800k in the bank & an income certificate from the British Embassy.

A Marriage Visa is apparently even easier from savannakhet, no financial proof needed.

Visit No. 6 - yesterday. Returned to Immigration on 1 November as directed. Went straight to the room for counter 7 and handed over my passport. I was instructed to wait outside. About 5 minutes later a staff lady came out and hands me a slip of paper instructing me to return tomorrow at 3pm to collect my passport.

Visit No. 7 - returned to Immigration today and headed straight to the counter 7 room. I handed my slip of paper over at 3pm. The staff lady instructed me to wait outside. About 5 minutes later she summoned me in. She showed me the Non O 90 day visa stamp in my passport with reference to the commencement date and expiry date. She also advised me that I can lodge my application for Non OA 1 year Extension of Stay up to one month prior to the expiry date. At this moment, I was finally content having received my visa but also partially in shock at the level of customer service given.

Before departing I obtained the same two forms for my Non O to be used for my Non OA application which I will lodge at the end of December. Bring it on 555 

• 1 month later...

Two visits for me and it seems my form is lodged for my application

I was asked to complete a tm86 change of visa form and they did nto want my tm 87 application for visa.

Lots of stuff I copied was not needed such as 1. whole copy of passport 2. owners id card

What simplified my paperwork is that the lease was in the agent's name and not the owners. I also used the Filipinos outside the office to help check my documents [300 baht]

What required visit number 2 was that some of the renting documents were printed out photos of originals and they wanted copies of scanned originals. Now I am waiting to go back and get my new Visa.

Overall my advise is to overprepare and expect problems.

This version of me will not stay the same, tomorrow I will be different.

On 02/11/2018 at 19:02, sydneysteve said:

//  She showed me the Non O 90 day visa stamp//. She also advised me that I can lodge my application for Non-OA 1 year Extension of Stay up to one month prior to the expiry date. //

Before departing I obtained the same two forms for my Non O to be used for my Non-OA application which I will lodge at the end of December. Bring it on 555 

"Non-OA" has nothing to do here!  :wacko:

A Non OA is a visa you can get in your home country only.

What you will ask (I think) is a 1-year Extension of Stay based on your new Non-O for Retirement or Marriage

but for that you need to fill a TM.7, not a TM.87 again ??

• 2 weeks later...

Oukiva, yes my bad. Form TM.7 is absolutely correct.

Last month I was able to get my hands on a copy of the Immigration sheet outlining documents etc required for lodging Form TM.7.

I returned to Immigration on 27 December. I sought some assistance and photocopying from the 'help center' next door. I had all my documents etc BUT was advised that a copy of my stat, dec. which I lodged for my Non-O 90 Day visa would be rejected. Apparently, a stat. dec. expires on the day upon it is lodged.

The following day I went to the Australian Embassy in Bangkok in the hope they would let me in as all appointment times are booked out till 10 January. Stat, decs. will no longer issue after 7 January. They would not let me in without an appointment. I phoned and spoke to a Consular staff person explaining my situation. She wasn't going to let me in either but all was not lost. I managed to secure a 9am appointment on 3 January.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to update...returned to Bangkok on 3 January and obtained my stat. dec. In the afternoon traveled to the Dept. of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs to arrange for stat. dec. to be notarised. I did not want to take the 60 baht postage option like I did previously because if this stat. dec. failed to arrive I would be stuffed. So I opted for express service for 400 baht. Can only lodge between 8 - 9am and then return at 2.30pm to collect.

Immigration at Jomtien advised that for the TM.7 application, notarisation of stat. dec. by Thai Ministry is not required. Of course this is no longer relevant to Aust./US/UK passport holders.

After having to take all my papers to the photocopy guy for a second set my application was accepted. I was given a plastic ticket with a number on it and instructed to return at 1.30pm the next day.

Returned the next day and collected my passport with my 1 Year Extension to Stay stamp. Then I headed over to the counter where I applied for a Multi-entry Re-entry Permit. Paid my 3800 baht and then I was out the door.

Such a great feeling when you áchieve' dealing with Thai Immigration 555

• 5 weeks later...

Hi All 

Is it possible to apply for a retirement visa from the Thai Immigration Office in Penang and is that office helpful and accommodating in processing visa applications?  

4 hours ago, roderick said:

Hi All 

Is it possible to apply for a retirement visa from the Thai Immigration Office in Penang and is that office helpful and accommodating in processing visa applications?  

They have a reputation for being helpful when getting a Non-immigrant O visa. You’ll need to check what paperwork is needed.

This gives you 3 months in Thailand then towards the end of that you can apply for an Extension of Stay at Immigration in Jomtien (or wherever you stay in Thailand).

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

7 hours ago, roderick said:

Hi All 

Did mine there last year, I needed letter from the Bank showing 800K & proof of some income (this has probably changed as the UK, US, AUS & DEN embassies have stopped providing these).

I believe you have to go via an agent in Penang, I used Banana travel on Chulia Street (Stayed at Chulia Mansions there) & it was painless, actually ended up getting a Non-O Multi which gives me unlimited 90 day entries for 12 months.

7 hours ago, JB300 said:

Did mine there last year, I needed letter from the Bank showing 800K & proof of some income (this has probably changed as the UK, US, AUS & DEN embassies have stopped providing these).

I believe you have to go via an agent in Penang, I used Banana travel on Chulia Street (Stayed at Chulia Mansions there) & it was painless, actually ended up getting a Non-O Multi which gives me unlimited 90 day entries for 12 months.

HI JB

How much should I expect to pay an agent for helping  me to get a reentry visa into Thailand?

3 hours ago, roderick said:

HI JB

How much should I expect to pay an agent for helping  me to get a reentry visa into Thailand?

Just to be clear, if you want a Re-Entry permit (to keep your current Visa valid), you need to get it before leaving Thailand (IIRC it's 1,000 for a Single Re-Entry & 3,500 for Multi, get it at the airport on your way out - but before you go through immigration or your local Immigration office).

If you want a new Visa, then it was 750RM (approx 5,800 THB) for a 1-year Multi-Entry & 300RM (approx 2,300 THB) for a 90 day Single Entry - I'm still working so am in-and-out of Thailand all the time and went for the Multi, think I paid an extra 50-100 RM on top of the rate for agent fees but it looks like I was mistaken about having to use one in Penang... https://www.tielandtothailand.com/easy-peasy-thai-visa-run-penang-malaysia/

I did mine in July last year & things have changed since then (e.g. Can no longer get the Letter of Income from British Embassy), so worth double checking what the requirements are nowadays 

Good Luck :)

JB

9 hours ago, JB300 said:

Just to be clear, if you want a Re-Entry permit (to keep your current Visa valid), you need to get it before leaving Thailand (IIRC it's 1,000 for a Single Re-Entry & 3,500 for Multi, get it at the airport on your way out - but before you go through immigration or your local Immigration office).

If you want a new Visa, then it was 750RM (approx 5,800 THB) for a 1-year Multi-Entry & 300RM (approx 2,300 THB) for a 90 day Single Entry - I'm still working so am in-and-out of Thailand all the time and went for the Multi, think I paid an extra 50-100 RM on top of the rate for agent fees but it looks like I was mistaken about having to use one in Penang... https://www.tielandtothailand.com/easy-peasy-thai-visa-run-penang-malaysia/

I did mine in July last year & things have changed since then (e.g. Can no longer get the Letter of Income from British Embassy), so worth double checking what the requirements are nowadays 

Good Luck :)

JB

Thanks JB - this information is very helpful!

Archived