Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

40 minutes to go through Customs

briant1105

4 hours ago, daytripperz said:

What a strange decision. I wonder what their reasoning was to do this. Looks like I'll be joining the masses at normal immigration in December ffs lol.

It is a strange decision.  So like yourself it looks like I'll be going through immigration as normal in December but I'll check in November to see if they have changed there mind

3 hours ago, davidge said:

I’m guessing it was the airport who made the decision rather than BFS. Likely too many people using the service. When I got off the plane 3 weeks ago there were 6 or 7 buggies waiting at the gate!

The other company are still offering the service, as far as I know. There were quite a few staff and buggies from a company I’d not heard of as well (can’t remember name now). Maybe that’s the one that offers the free service to disabled passengers arranged by airlines.

It must have been getting popular because when I used BFS in December I think I was the only one of my emiates flight that were using them.  

On 31/07/2018 at 14:15, briant1105 said:

Thank you all for the reply. I think I will just go ahead booking a taxi instead of taking the bus.

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 ASUS_Z01MDA 發送

If you give nams taxis a try, excellent reports and my favorite firm.

Www.namstaxipattaya.com 

[email protected] 

From the aircraft arriving at the gate, I was on the 389 bus to Pattaya in less than 30 minutes. Im sure all the gods where on my side with this trip, plane arrives directly outside less busy side of immigration, no queues and last seat on the bus. I wouldn't plan for it though.

Immigration was so quick on Thursday night (5 minutes) that I had to wait about 15 minutes for my checked case.  So 20 minutes, and Nam girl was wheeling my case :D

Last trip arriving April the immigration queues were small but somehow I picked the queue where everyone in front of me had a problem, in fact 2 were taken away for interrogation, during which time I saw many fellow passengers from the flight passing through with ease (there was only 5 in my queue!). the saving grace was many were waiting at the carousel  when my bag popped up and on I went.

Today those chinese lines wereused by everyone. Thai IO lady was just laughing when we asked if we can use those lines. If you are in hurry, walk 100m more to go to another immigration. No queues at all usually.

• 7 months later...

Another good reason to only take carry-on baggage.

7 hours ago, Danolo said:

Another good reason to only take carry-on baggage.

But what if you receive an invitation in the mail? This evening, it's formal. Top hat, white tie and tails.

You need a cabin trunk, not mere carry-on baggage.

One does not want to appear to be a scruff.

On 31/07/2018 at 04:29, Ron Rat said:

Go up to departures and grab a grieving Teerak who is heading back to Pattaya to help you unpack when you get to your loom

perfect.jpg

IYKYK

On 01/08/2018 at 14:33, Geordie59 said:

I'd suggest Nam Taxis from Pattaya. They will meet you at the airport and take you to your hotel in Pattaya for 1200 Baht. You can find them online.
No hassles, female drivers who drive with care and decent cars - last time I got a pretty new Lexus but was still charge the 1200 Baht.

On 01/08/2018 at 15:37, Barhop said:

They do a great job.  Perhaps you should consider adding a tip to that...

Who said I didn't add a tip?
My point was that they provide a good service I got an upgraded car for the price of the standard car that I had booked.

Flying into BKK in mid-March there were actually IO's at the normal lanes with only one or two people waiting to be processed. No queue whatsoever. 

Leaving last week through the Premium Lane or VIP lane as it's called now they have changed the process. BFS now run it. Their staff take your card as you enter the area before you go through security, you no longer give it to the IO. Absolutely no queue whatsoever again though.

Archived