Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Pet Shop or Vet in Pattaya?

roger buttmore

I seem to have adopted a cute feral kitty cat at my house which I feed a few times a day and she chills out here when I'm around. Very relaxing.

She quickly developed expectations and I seem to do what she wants, when she wants, even when I try to resist. Much like a bar girl.

Again, much like a bar girl, issues arose after the honeymoon period. She has a problem.

I noticed a little white tapeworm segment where I had been petting her.

Anywhere in Pattaya I can purchase the medication, such as a pet store or veterinarian clinic?

Scent from my anus using crapatalk

There are about 3 pet stores in a row at the end of 3rd road (on way to big C)

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I saw what looked like a Vet Clinic in Naklua a couple of times when going to the main Post Office.

Naklua Rd on left side if heading North. Past all the beer bars.

If this link works it shows it on here:      Pattaya Vets

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Goolabert said:

I saw what looked like a Vet Clinic in Naklua a couple of times when going to the main Post Office.

Naklua Rd on left side if heading North. Past all the beer bars.

I used to use that particular vets when I had dogs and found them very good and helpful with at least one of the female vets speaking good English. Often Thai's in there with cats as well.

There is also a govt. vet based in the building on 3rd Road where you exit the hospital. I used to take the dogs there for a monthly tick injection as it was a lot cheaper.

• Like 1

3rd road  near the fire station  and just after soi buffalo best prices in town

• Like 1

7 hours ago, aussieoutcast said:

There are about 3 pet stores in a row at the end of 3rd road (on way to big C)

6 hours ago, Goolabert said:

Yes, that link did work and it showed the place aussieoutcast mentioned above, which is the most convenient for me.

Much appreciated. Thanks everyone :)

p.s. Not looking forward to force-feeding a tablet to this claw-packed kitty, but it's for her own good.

Edited by roger buttmore

p.s. Not looking forward to force-feeding a tablet to this claw-packed kitty, but it's for her own good.

Just bury it in her food, she'll never know :)

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, roger buttmore said:

I seem to have adopted a cute feral kitty cat at my house which I feed a few times a day and she chills out here when I'm around. Very relaxing.

She quickly developed expectations and I seem to do what she wants, when she wants, even when I try to resist. Much like a bar girl.

Again, much like a bar girl, issues arose after the honeymoon period. She has a problem.

I noticed a little white tapeworm segment where I had been petting her.

Anywhere in Pattaya I can purchase the medication, such as a pet store or veterinarian clinic?

In Pattaya there are probably even more vets than dentists or pharmacies.

On 7/31/2018 at 01:40, fakebook said:

In Pattaya there are probably even more vets than dentists or pharmacies.

I can think of 12 pharmacies along Soi Buakhao, there are probably more.

Can you name one single vet, please, even if it's on a side soi?

For anyone that's interested I found a veterinary clinic who had exactly what I needed on 3rd Road at the Pattaya Tai end.

Here

The group of 3 pet shops on 3rd Road at the Pattaya Klang end only stocked food, pet toys and grooming products. Not even a minimal token selection of basic animal meds. Had a nice walk, so not a problem.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

First time i ask this on the forum but pictures?

Of the kitten not the tapeworm.

/Mike

On 8/2/2018 at 18:06, cyfruil said:

First time i ask this on the forum but pictures?

Of the kitten not the tapeworm.

Glad you asked.

Here she is :D

20180804_083939s.jpg

20180804_084140s.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
On 02/08/2018 at 17:40, roger buttmore said:

For anyone that's interested I found a veterinary clinic who had exactly what I needed on 3rd Road at the Pattaya Tai end.

Here

The group of 3 pet shops on 3rd Road at the Pattaya Klang end only stocked food, pet toys and grooming products. Not even a minimal token selection of basic animal meds. Had a nice walk, so not a problem.

Thanks for the vet recommendation.

After adopting a local soi dog we discovered he had periodic heavy nosebleeds. My TGF and a neighbor loaded him up in motorbike cart and took him to a vet. I made the mistake of not going with them, so when they came back they were short on details, other than to say the vet said the nosebleeds were due to allergies. They had pills and a Liquid we were supposed to give him, but they didn't know what they were. After a couple of days with no easing up on the nosebleeds I'd had enough and took matters into my own hands.

Did a search on the forum and came up with your post. To make sure the vet knew something about veterinary medicine I first rode over to his clinic w/o the dog. Described the symptoms and he thought it was either a parasite or vitamin K1 deficiency, but said he would do a blood test to confirm. Something I had already established the previous vet hadn't done. Best part was he makes house calls for 400B. Convenient for me as I don't own a car.

About an hour later he arrived at our house. He took a blood sample and based on the chance it was a vitamin deficiency gave him injection of vitamin K1. He also left us with antibiotic pills and Liquid vitamins we were to give him once a day. Later that evening he called back and based on the blood test the dog was anemic and had a vitamin deficiency, but no parasites. By next morning I could see the nosebleeds had dropped off in frequency and severity, and within a few days had all but disappeared. The vet also called a couple of days later to check that everything was ok.

So a big thumbs up for the vet clinic on 3rd Rd, and a big thumbs down to the vet clinic off 3rd Rd near the hospital, which was the one that didn't bother to do a simple blood test and instead misdiagnosed the problem.

Checked with the TGF and apparently the clinic doesn't have a name, and she doesn't remember the vet's name. Easy enough to find though. Here's his card and a screenshot of the Street View location.
img013.jpgScreen Shot 06-24-19 at 04.06 PM.jpg

And here's a pic of the recovered patient, Dtang, the brown haired dog. There's a humorous side story as to why Lucky, the white haired dog is in this picture. When I first started feeding Dtang, he was like any other soi dog, extremely skittish around people he didn't know. Over the course of several weeks I eventually got him to the point where I could hand feed him. During this time I never saw Lucky around. Well after about a month of feeding Dtang he finally got comfortable enough to come in off the street and spend time in our car park and garden area. A week or so after letting him in, along comes Lucky one day, who like I said we had never seen around before. Apparently they're best mates and are inseparable, so where we intended to only adopt one soi dog we ended up with two. Lucky dog, that's why we named her Lucky. We've also neutered Dtang and spayed Lucky to ensure there are no more surprise dogs to care for.
IMG_20190606_125354.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Great to hear about the Vet and your lovely acquired family, even at this point in 2020. I am looking for a good vet to spay my 2 female adopted cats. So I will check out that guy/ on Sai Sam! Thank you.

Gov't vet at Pattaya City Hospital 3rd Road end near the fire station. Cheap

24 hour vet on 2cd street aka pattaya thai  on the right a couple blocks before big c...going toward sukhumvit ,,ring the bell..

Edited by claghorn

17 hours ago, bangsaenguy said:

Gov't vet at Pattaya City Hospital 3rd Road end near the fire station. Cheap

Cheap, but you get what you pay for. Here's a link to my earlier post about my very poor experience with them.

• 2 years later...

OK I'll hitch onto this thread.

I want to buy a lot of things, tick/flea powder, toys, rubber gloves etc to take to a wildlfe sanctuary & would like if not a vet supply wholesaler then a larger store. I would prefer not to have to go to Bangkok. Any suggestions please

www.sugarcanemafia.com