IGNORED

August Suites Intel?

LOTTELLEE WINNA

Guys, as you know I have stayed in more than a few hotels across the city, but never August Suites. Currently the standard rooms are in offer at 1,140 (inc tax) via Expedia (Thailand). Just wondered if anyone has recently stayed and has any ‘intel’ they wish to share?

Stayed Christmas 2016; has the same well maintained facilities as its sister March, May hotels and April Suites (large pool with bar, gym, sauna, restaurant etc) and clean and smart inside with decent staff....but I thought the decor in the rooms was maybe getting old and needed a facelift, it’s not as modern as April and certainly not March hotel.

I booked a room with a double bed too and had two smaller beds put together...plus there are a lack of power outlets / sockets in the room.

Good value at that price but I think there are places with better rooms and similar facilities nearby in that price range, March, May and April as per above plus D Apt, D Xpress and D hotel to name places I’ve stayed in. 

I have stayed at August once, about a year ago, and at March many times. That’s a good price - I would take it. It is getting a little old, especially in comparison to rooms at March, but the location is superb.

Agree with the other two.  Rooms are getting very worn..  I simply love the location,  just wish instead of building new hotels they remodel..   won't stay again until they remodel, since other hotels around are newer for comparable price. 

Thanks guys - location superb, but don't fancy the worn room. Will think again.

Stayed there many many times, maybe 10 years when it was the only hotel in the Group.
Last few times, no space so accomodated in the others. Good, but smaller rooms, and less good location.
Nowadays, only plus is really location.
Rooms past their best, though good sizes
Overrun with "tour groups"
Staff changed
Shame as was regularly #1 on TripAdvisor for good reason.

Sent from my SM-T719 using Tapatalk

Never stayed in August only April Suites but would book immediately  an offer like this one i found for some random date in November,less than 900 baht/night(   ebookers.de with promo code):

20180731_123710.jpg

Here's my notes from August Suites on my first trip. Now that I have seen few more hotels I think I my expectations may have come down little bit since I don't think that it was that bad :rolleyes:

:Flying:4th trip - "The Afterwork" is finally happening in May :Cheers9:

I can only comment based on the room I was in during my only stay there, about a year ago. The room Was certainly older feeling when compared with March hotel, but still I thought it was spacious and well maintained. I would certainly rate it higher than the room I recently had at D Xpress, a hotel which I also like (and not really a fair comparison as that room was quite a bit cheaper). If you can get the August Suites room at close to 1000 baht, I would go for it. It’s not so modern, but still worth it. By the way, during my weeklong stay I saw no tour groups there.

I can only comment based on the room I was in during my only stay there, about a year ago. The room Was certainly older feeling when compared with March hotel, but still I thought it was spacious and well maintained. I would certainly rate it higher than the room I recently had at D Xpress, a hotel which I also like (and not really a fair comparison as that room was quite a bit cheaper). If you can get the August Suites room at close to 1000 baht, I would go for it. It’s not so modern, but still worth it. By the way, during my weeklong stay I saw no tour groups there.
Fair enough, a year ago, several trips back, there were Chinese running up and down the corridor all night and in room gatherings. After that they have been full and I got rooms in March or May suites. But August is still the most popular of the Group, so no axe to grind.

Sent from my SM-T719 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with a few other board members. The only thing that August Suites has going for it nowadays is it's location.
The rooms are old & dated and all need refurbishing, however if you can get a room  at around 1000 baht it still is a good deal because of the amenities of a nice swimming pool and a dated but still functioning small fitness room. 

The great location plus being so quite and peaceful is what still keeps it in high demand.

On 7/28/2018 at 23:52, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Just wondered if anyone has recently stayed and has any ‘intel’ they wish to share?

I stayed there in October last year, in a "deluxe balcony king bed" room on the 7th floor at about 1600 per night.  What I actually got was a two bedroom suite,  with the door to the second bedroom locked so I could not enter.   The picture on Agoda is an exact match for the room I had,  so I guess this is a standard practice - they can hire out the suite as one bedroom if they wish.

Nothing was worn out in my room.  Plenty of space and a comfortable bed, but no sofa. (There was a desk and chair, plus a single armchair with footstool.) The en suite bathroom had walk-in shower and separate bath, plus large vanity unit and a separate dry area with its own mirror  for electric shaving.  Tooth brushes, shower gel and shampoo were all supplied.

The air conditioning in the room worked well and was easy to set to my preferred temperature.  There was no power outlet next to the bed which was a minor nuisance because I use a CPAP machine for sleeping.  Luckily I brought an extension cable in my luggage.

hotel WiFi worked well with my phone and laptop, but I had to log in every time and the login procedure is a bit awkward until you get used to it. There was a safe in the room that was big enough for my laptop.

Swimming pool was clean and pleasant, and the poolside bar very convenient.  Towels were supplied free at the pool.  Plenty of choice for shaded or sunny areas to lounge when not swimming.  Pool closed at 8 p.m. I think.

No joiner fees except one time when I took 2 girls to the room (ST),  and was charged 500 for the second guest.

Food in the hotel restaurant is fairly basic,  but I had omelette and toast for breakfast most days and was very happy with that.

Location is great - easy access to baht bus on second road or soi buakhao.

All the staff were very friendly and helpful.

I would be happy to stay there again.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I had a night there recently(August 1).  I had a Superior Double Bed room.   I couldn't figure out why the air conditioning was cutting out almost as soon as I put the card in.  I went to see the staff about it and it turned out that I was putting the card in upside down.  I can't comment on the pool but I used a treadmill in the gym in the morning.  It had to be turned on as I was the first person to use the gym that morning.  A woman came round with towels.    Ocka's post is more or less equal to my experiences and it was a little over 1000 baht for the night(through agoda) so very good value for money.

• 3 months later...

I just came back home after a 3 week stay there, as said before the location is great, but the rooms need alot of improvment, I saw alot of mold/moisture damage, both in the bedroom and the shower, and the room I stayed in had a fixed showerhead, and being 2m tall the water hit me in the chest.

I did really like the bed tho and had the best sleep I've had in a long while, as I love a hard/firm bed.

And if you are up early like me and eat breakfast there it gets pretty monotonous after a couple of days as there is not much to choose from:

fried egg 3 ways,

omelet,

choice between ham, sausage and bacon,

toast

and seasonal fruit (pineaple and watermelon)

coffee/tea and 2 different juices.

They need to trip that bloody tree by the pool!! Its like sitting in the Jungle...blocks all sunlight out...and that filipino waiter needs sacked!

Otherwise ..i like it although i would agree March is nicer

Some thing's baby i just can't swallow,

Momma told me that girls are hollow..

Uhuhh...whats inside a girl....?? Lux Interior

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/91866-first-port-of-call/page__fromsearch__1

CountdownClockCodes.com

• 4 weeks later...

I almost always have Thai food for breakfast.  It is excellent.   Pad Krapow Gai, Porridge, Cashew Chicken, Thai Omelette, and one other dish.

On 01/12/2018 at 23:42, sooksi said:

They need to trip that bloody tree by the pool!! Its like sitting in the Jungle...blocks all sunlight out...and that filipino waiter needs sacked!

Otherwise ..i like it although i would agree March is nicer

Wish granted.

This was being done during December while I was staying there. Made a huge difference.

• 6 months later...

Did a full review of the hotel with some pics. I found it perfectly OK.

Archived