IGNORED

Under 300 Baht ... And Mediocre (updated 2020)

Evil Penevil

Does that surprise! BBQ on soi buakhao do beef/steak? Similar price range. Most of their food is good. Service and surroundings awful though.

3 hours ago, taylor1975 said:

Does that surprise! BBQ on soi buakhao do beef/steak? Similar price range. Most of their food is good. Service and surroundings awful though.

IMG_0107C.jpg.e2f32ab0f6ff522add81d95d05a4a697.jpg

Yes, it does.  I reviewed Surprise! in the thread on steak in Pattaya (post #167).   

IMG_0093.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

It costs ฿169 for the cheapest steak option at Surprise!, compared with ฿139 at Steak Kao Rai.  But at Surprise!, at least you don't have to cross 3rd Road.  That alone is worth more than ฿30 for me.

Evil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

Am sure I have had steak here, as part of a mixed grill meal, and from memory, was OK.

I do like their ribs and chicken kabab, don't mind the basic dining experience, great location also, well priced.

• 1 month later...

At Steak Kao Rai how are the Pork Steaks and Chicken Steaks made? Are they like Chicken McNuggets so heavily processed?

6 hours ago, catman99 said:

At Steak Kao Rai how are the Pork Steaks and Chicken Steaks made? Are they like Chicken McNuggets so heavily processed?

No, they are not processed.  They are fillets of pork or chicken.

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

13 hours ago, catman99 said:

Not even close... They are very good quality.. but if that puts you off, stick to your Mcd... 555

14 hours ago, catman99 said:

Seak kao rai steaks are almost $$$ steakhouse quality....Better quality than Surprise steaks in my opinion....

8 hours ago, Saddic said:

Not even close... They are very good quality.. but if that puts you off, stick to your Mcd... 555

Ha ha guys I surrender!!!!!

I think their steaks taste really nice but they're so big I just couldn't see how they came from a pig let alone a chicken....

IMG_20200221_221102.jpg

20 hours ago, catman99 said:

Ha ha guys I surrender!!!!!

I think their steaks taste really nice but they're so big I just couldn't see how they came from a pig let alone a chicken....

IMG_20200221_221102.jpg

it's butterfly'ed (aka cut down the middle and folded flat)..

I think their chicken is best cause he brines it (aka soaks in salted water)...

Their pasta, salads, and soups are also excellent... Love the carbonara

On 16/01/2020 at 17:02, Evil Penevil said:

IMG_0107C.jpg.e2f32ab0f6ff522add81d95d05a4a697.jpg

Yes, it does.  I reviewed Surprise! in the thread on steak in Pattaya (post #167).   

IMG_0093.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

It costs ฿169 for the cheapest steak option at Surprise!, compared with ฿139 at Steak Kao Rai.  But at Surprise!, at least you don't have to cross 3rd Road.  That alone is worth more than ฿30 for me.

Evil

I try not to eat much western food when I am in Pattaya but when in remission my favourite is "fish n chips" (usually when pissed, going home alone from the stall in LKM, is it still there, last trip was Dec 2018?) I am a CC and on the odd Sunday will expend all of 100 thb at Marquee for "Sunday roast", I have tried other places but find from Saturday adventures my taste buds are often "dead".

I am disappointed although I have trekked miles up and down I have never found "surprise" it seems like my type of place.

I prefer Thai food but my language difficulties often lead to "mei pheat" either falling on deaf ears where I feel the roof of my mouth is about to explode or a dish that tastes of nothing.