IGNORED

Long stay

kuteguy

I have no vested interest in VT6 but I used to like staying there, several years ago.

The location was the biggest draw.  Back door, on Beach road, next to a 7-11 and food carts.  Front door, on Second rd, look to the left and Central Festival.

Thank you, though, for a break down on some monthly rent condos!

• Like 2

Great synopsis. Thank you.

The Thai Friendly Master Index - tfmi.wtf - 1700 ladies, 5000 reviews and still growing

Crowd Sourcing: use the button on the TFMI or go to tfmi.wtf/form

Thanks great info as I have been looking specifically online at Avenue and Urban. I have seen units in both as well as online and they meet my criteria for yearly rental, as far as price, size, location and looks. Actually saw a couple unit in the Pride in June.

Never stayed at VT6 but from what I've seen in person and online they are not for me and have never appealed to me. 

Great job kuteguy. I'm sure this post will be used as reference for condo renters for a long time.  

I've also searched for a condo for a long time stay 3 months. I ended up going with the Pride 1BR condo at 24,000B per month + E&W. Looked at the Base and found it much to small.   Looked at a 1BR at Centara which i really liked. Never seen the rooms at Urban, PG and Avenue, but talking with people who stayed at them, they seemed happy with their condo.

I've also stayed at VT6. I liked the room, location & view there, but they were starting to get expensive compared with other choices.

Another place I've stayed at was Inn of the Golden Crab on Soi 13. The building and rooms are a bit dated, but other wise ok. Great location and 21,000B per month for a 1BR low season

Thanks for a detailed write up, very informative. Please do share where exactly is Centara Studios located, seems to be a nice low-season option.

................................................................................................................

I stayed in a very similar room for about seven weeks a year or two ago.  Here's the view from my room early in the morning.  You're a couple of floors higher.

5b58f826e69e7_10PattayaDay.thumb.jpg.e3740d0506b287a7aead4e94e4ee3634.jpg

Edited by SirL

Yeah I am almost on the top floor

Centara studios can be accessed via soi diana .. When going towards 2nd road, just before Areca Lodge is a little dead end Soi that leads to Centara hotel.. You go in there into the hotel and there is a little door that leads to Centara studios. Alternatively, you can enter via Centara resort in a similar way via soi bukhao 15

Yes the Base Apartments are very very small. I paid extra to have the bigger (biggest?) And higher floor 1 bedroom. My argument was that I would rather be in this beautiful upmarket building in a small apartment than say in a bigger quieter Condo like The Avenue residences or the pride - don't get me wrong, they are equally beautiful and well located. For me The Base apartment block was the most attractive thing. After being here over a week.. I am happy with that decision.

• Like 2

No, I am at The Base

Any reason you didn't look at City Garden kuteguy?
 It seems like you looked at all the others in that area of Soi 15.

1 hour ago, kuteguy said:

No, I am at The Base

whats the towel situation?

buy your own or do they supply you 2-3 times a week?

OP - Outstanding contribution to the Board, a great round-up of the condo scene in central Patts. I have asked the Mods to consider 'pin-ing' this thread. Great work.

• Like 2

• kgbagent pinned this topic

City garden office was closed on Sunday and, based on online research, I didn't think I would get anything in there that was better than what I had already seen (I would say it's equal to The Avenue residences)

Towels at The Base? Well I guess it depends on the arrangement you have with your 'landlord'. In my case I have rented the apartment and the towels, bedsheets, utensils as they are. Cleaning them and the apartment is my responsibility.. Which I will do (there is a big laundry in the building with 5 washing machines, dryer, and drinking water machine). Ofcourse I could pay the strata management company to do weekly/daily cleaning but they won't do dishes, bedsheets, towels, etc.. So not worth it. I guess there are other third party cleaners who would do it all.. I have seen them running around the building.

I will try and add new finds as I see them.. Others are welcome to do the same. There was a debate here about possibility of finding an 8k/month condo/ghouse in the forum?

Well I found one for 5200/month + elec (7thb) + water (200 or 300 I think). Free internet and balcony (if available). For me THE BEST location!! It's on the road that goes through tree town and the accommodation is across the road from Central Festival and 2 mins walk to Soi Bukhao.

Cheena House

519/85-86 moo 10 Soi 9 skaw beach. +66863033538 +6633082855

No lift, quiet street, obviously basic room - fridge and tv. Not suitable if you are around 2 metres tall.. I would easily hit my head on the room's door frames (ceiling is fine..just door frame is low)

• Like 1

I had choice of going with Wi-Fi but I specifically asked to have it removed.

I am on AIS UNLIMITED mobile broadband (the 6mbps plan I think) - it's super fast and reliable. This way I have internet in the apartment and on the go at arnd 500thb/month. Rather than pay the extra 700thb for home broadband/wifi. I recommend to go with just mobile broadband for all your internet needs.. Including tethering to laptop, tv, tablet.. Works perfectly for me

1 hour ago, kuteguy said:

There was a debate here about possibility of finding an 8k/month condo/ghouse in the forum?

Well I found one for 5200/month + elec (7thb) + water (200 or 300 I think). Free internet and balcony (if available). For me THE BEST location!! It's on the road that goes through tree town and the accommodation is across the road from Central Festival and 2 mins walk to Soi Bukhao.

Cheena House

519/85-86 moo 10 Soi 9 skaw beach. +66863033538 +6633082855

No lift, quiet street, obviously basic room - fridge and tv. Not suitable if you are around 2 metres tall.. I would easily hit my head on the room's door frames (ceiling is fine..just door frame is low)

I think the OP was operating on a higher budget than that, but in that territory I'll see you and raise you a

https://www.facebook.com/aclubpattaya.th/

B4500 a month buys you this (note a/c) vaguely modern western-style pad.  No headroom problems!

27655500_1673067086114186_8627825518505960650_n.jpg.587ea87879508a62d58cea15ca26df85.jpg

or another room

26169248_1637697532984475_4992837911120586474_n.jpg.7504eb56a526e1d3ab44c87b319f9a05.jpg

or another

24231978_1601867139900848_3770734441370932539_n.jpg.a07722759be11343c8d9d1380a75f492.jpg

An additional B1500 a month gets you a 125cc bike and you can go anywhere!

PS I know three gogo dancers who live in this building, who could make fun neighbours if that's your kind of thing.....

Edited by SirL
  • Like 2

SirL - Is that room above Scooters on Soi Boukhow ?

I've that room with the Union Jack advertised somewhere recently in Pattaya?

Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards.

• 4 weeks later...

kuteguy

great information 

Is there is a chance you could do us a run down on The Urban and Pattaya garden resort in a similar style you have done the others.

much appreciated and thank you.

Edited by az89

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have an idea of what high season costs for monthly apartment rentals?

Is high season only December till February 1st?

I've only been here during low season but it's looking like my next extended visit for 2 months will be during part of if not all of high season :(

Anyone have any info?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi kuteguy

Thanks for the reviews of the condos, they are exactly the condos im looking at staying when i make my permanent move sometime next year.

Just a question on the 5% commission paid by the tenant at "the Base"  i thought the landlord paid any commission to booking agents/real estate agents?

Im assuming you rented the 2 bedroom apartment at "the Base" for 25000b per month, which is a great price. Did you book it through the onsite agent or through the owner direct?

Also if you have any photos of the apartment your staying in, They would be greatly appreciated.

• 3 months later...