IGNORED

Pattaya Investment Opportunity

ThaiThai Kitchen

Dear potential investor .

We are in the process of buying a business located in Soi Buakhow and are seeking a silent investor / Partner for short term .

The business is a unique one with no competition in the area . The business is a outside entertainment complex that serves local Thai food along with western food . They also serve beer, cocktails and exotic drinks . Many local ladies frequent the establishment along with many tourist .The business has been up and running for 3 years . There is a daily influx of customers and the business shows a nice yearly profit . This is a turn key business with all equipment , staff, and licenses The seller is selling due to a baby and the long daily travel .

The business will be run by a Western / Thai couple which is a perfect combination to accommodate all guest . We currently have extensive experience in this industry as we own a similar establishment at the present time .

Investor proposal
3.5 million for 3 years at 15% interest per year .
10 % of the monthly profits after all expenses which will average 20,000 The loan will be secured by the business itself
We are also open to other investment terms as repayment

40 minutes ago, ThaiThai Kitchen said:

Dear potential investor .

Investor proposal
3.5 million for 3 years at 15% interest per year .
10 % of the monthly profits after all expenses which will average 20,000 The loan will be secured by the business itself
We are also open to other investment terms as repayment

What is the business valued at? In other words, what percentage of the business is 3.5 million. How long is the lease on the business?

12 Pints in Know it all

Is this the place,  Thai Thai Kitchen, Soi Buakow 15?

I may be interested, but will have to sample every dish on the menu to make sure the quality control is satisfactory. 

"Try before I buy" has worked well in past successful ventures.

34 minutes ago, Wolf Cat said:

Is this the place,  Thai Thai Kitchen, Soi Buakow 15?

21 minutes ago, ThaiThai Kitchen said:

No. 

Then why did you pick that name as your forum name? Just curious.

Probably the name of his existing business.

We need a bit more info ThaiThai on the new venture. 

12 Pints in Know it all

Further details for clarification:

Proposal 1:

Term of loan: 35 months.

Principal repayment: 100,000 per month.

Monthly interest: payment: 15% p/a

Monthly percentage of profit payment: 10%. Based on the past 2 years earnings, this amount is estimated to be approximately 20,000 to 25,000 per month.

Proposal 2:

Term of loan: 18 months.

Principal repayment: 200,000 per month for 17 months, 100,000 for the final month.

Monthly interest: payment: 15% p/a

Monthly percentage of profit payment: 10%. Based on the past 2 years earnings, this amount is estimated to be approximately 20,000 to 25,000 per month. This payment will continue for 3 years. 

8 minutes ago, WhiteThai said:

Then why did you pick that name as your forum name? Just curious.

I own that business.

The lease on the new business is 3/3/3 for a total of 9 years.

so you want to borrow 3,6 mthb ? 

and only calculated rate is "estimated" gain ?

and the security is the company value ?

and if you had 200.000+ profit per month in the past you could easilly have saved the 3,6 ?

just to get this straight cause i thought ive seen it all on theese forums …..

if you have condos / houses put them as security and ill gladly loan you the cash and im sure many others would too .

borrow out money at 15% rate is illigal in Thailand .

Feeling old ? Never mind , maybe youre older than you ever been before , but youre also younger than you will ever be again .......

Looks like a lot of cock blockers and beer bar lawyers on this thread as typically happens when anyone tries to sell or rent anything of this forum. Surely anyone genuine would contact the OP directly rather than raise questions and issues in the thread?

6 hours ago, gmingot said:

Looks like a lot of cock blockers and beer bar lawyers on this thread as typically happens when anyone tries to sell or rent anything of this forum. Surely anyone genuine would contact the OP directly rather than raise questions and issues in the thread?

If he wanted to people to contact him directly why didnt he put that in the OP. When you advertise something on an open forum you are going to be required to answer questions if you have only put very minimal information

12 Pints in Know it all

14 hours ago, gmingot said:

you really cant se the fail in hes post in any way with about 0 security , only a estimated monthly payment and the fact he provides about 0 information except he makes food ?

basicly he wish to buy a buisness with 0 risk for himself , incase it crashes he lost nothing but the "investor" will loose everything only to have claim for the bankrupt buisness .

would say theres more goldfishes around protecting everything regardless of the limit of common sense .

i assume by "genuine buyer" you mean a person knowing absolutely nothing about any buisness dreaming of some 15% illegal rate .

Feeling old ? Never mind , maybe youre older than you ever been before , but youre also younger than you will ever be again .......

There’s only that much he can share in the open forum folks - somethings can and should only be shared in private and I’m sure he’s doing that with genuine buyers contacting him thru PMs.

1 hour ago, Larssonn said:

you really cant se the fail in hes post in any way with about 0 security , only a estimated monthly payment and the fact he provides about 0 information except he makes food ?

basicly he wish to buy a buisness with 0 risk for himself , incase it crashes he lost nothing but the "investor" will loose everything only to have claim for the bankrupt buisness .

would say theres more goldfishes around protecting everything regardless of the limit of common sense .

i assume by "genuine buyer" you mean a person knowing absolutely nothing about any buisness dreaming of some 15% illegal rate .

Of course I can see issues but its not for me to point those out to someone who may want to deal with the OP. Its up to the potential purchaser to do their own due diligence using professional advisors not beer bar lawyers on a mongering forum.

42 minutes ago, gmingot said:

Of course I can see issues but its not for me to point those out to someone who may want to deal with the OP. Its up to the potential purchaser to do their own due diligence using professional advisors not beer bar lawyers on a mongering forum.

Help me understand why it's on point for you to be critical of people raising what sound like reasonable questions, yet it's not for you to be flagging issues on the proposal? Seems perfectly reasonable to highlight valid concerns, as long as they're kept on point. If OP can provide clarification, it may in fact open up the pool of interested parties, who otherwise might have dismissed it.

49 minutes ago, gmingot said:

I think with the limited amount of informaton the OP has given he is going to get zero interest. That is why we have asked some questions.

I have a car for sale. 1 million baht. It has 4 wheels - are you interested

12 Pints in Know it all

10 minutes ago, Mr Wombat said:

I think with the limited amount of informaton the OP has given he is going to get zero interest. That is why we have asked some questions.

I have a car for sale. 1 million baht. It has 4 wheels - are you interested

Using your  "1 million baht car with four wheels" as an example I would not want to know any more about it or ask questions in the forum as I am not interested in buying a car. Many (probably all) people asking questions about the OP's business are not interested but like to be nosey or yank his chain

1 minute ago, gmingot said:

Using your  "1 million baht car with four wheels" as an example I would not want to know any more about it or ask questions in the forum as I am not interested in buying a car. Many (probably all) people asking questions about the OP's business are not interested but like to nosey or yank his chain

Well I am actually interested. And I am the one asking the questions. So why are you criticising me. I will be in pattaya in 2 weeks and trying to get a feel for various businesses before I touch down. 3.5 million for a stand alone restaurant seems very expensive when you can get a guesthouse with restaurant or bar for the same price. So I am giving the OP a chance to clarify things

12 Pints in Know it all

1 hour ago, gmingot said:

so you can se the issues but feel its wrong to put them out so noone may get scammed or hurt ? incase the OP actually have a solid case there would be no worries would it ?

you can take your white knight attitude and ……… just the fact he posts openly about a loan with 15% intrest wich is illegal aswell as "estimated" returns …… i just realise why bother typing youre obviously clueless about theese things .

3 hours ago, Larssonn said:

If you look at the figures I gave  you will see that I'm prepared to pay back what essentially amounts to 100% of the earnings for the term of the loan. That means it would have to fail immediately to risk nothing. The business has been operating 3 years and has I have based my figures on their earnings, they are not a guess. 

The ROI represents a lot better that what you would expect buy purchasing a condo or a beer bar. My restaurant business in Thailand is successful. I anticipate that I can also grow the prospective new business.

I have a business in the US which is expanding rapidly at present and demands quite a lot of capital on hand. I don't want to cripple that business by extracting that amount of money from it at this time. I also own property in NY and considered a loan against that property but the approval process would take 45 days which is too long. That's why I'd prefer to raise the capital here in Thailand.

3 hours ago, Candy77 said:

There’s only that much he can share in the open forum folks - somethings can and should only be shared in private and I’m sure he’s doing that with genuine buyers contacting him thru PMs.

I have been open about my current business and anybody can come see me or contact me by PM.

1 hour ago, Mr Wombat said:

Well I am actually interested. And I am the one asking the questions. So why are you criticising me. I will be in pattaya in 2 weeks and trying to get a feel for various businesses before I touch down. 3.5 million for a stand alone restaurant seems very expensive when you can get a guesthouse with restaurant or bar for the same price. So I am giving the OP a chance to clarify things

It is a bar as well as a restaurant. 

4 hours ago, Larssonn said:

so you can se the issues but feel its wrong to put them out so noone may get scammed or hurt ? incase the OP actually have a solid case there would be no worries would it ?

you can take your white knight attitude and ……… just the fact he posts openly about a loan with 15% intrest wich is illegal aswell as "estimated" returns …… i just realise why bother typing youre obviously clueless about theese things .

I can see things that are issues, I am not a lawyer, I can not give advice, I doubt you are a lawyer or have qualifications regarding these matters either. That is why I said in a previous post, if someone is interested in the OP's original proposal then use proper due diligence.

6 hours ago, Mr Wombat said:

Those who are serious about the business would discuss directly with the OP rather than on an open forum

Archived