IGNORED

Recommended Real Estate Agent

robbo1100

My experience: real estate agents want sell so they tend to be pushy. You need to understand their motive and stand up to them. Especially the falang agents should be treated with caution. But anyway I would still recommend using an agency, better a big and established one that does a lot of business. In Pattaya there are maybe around 5 of them. I would be a little bit more careful with these one man army agents.

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Tapatalk

On 8/8/2018 at 23:43, PBear66 said:

Very good and i about the problem of neighbours if you buy in a town like Pattaya.

Who is the agent? 

east coast real estate jomtien office. kraig is the guy

If it floats, flies or fucks, RENT IT!!!!! "He who hesitates, masturbates"

• 1 month later...
On 8/9/2018 at 07:30, flyingscotsman said:

All great advice guys, thank you, much appreciated.

I have been coming to Pattaya on/off since 2001 and know my way around and where I would be happy/looking to stay.

But I will 100% not be jumping in with both feet and buying right away.

My plan was always to rent for probably the 1st 2 years and then look at buying somewhere.

My issues were that for every one person who says 'I used whatever agency and they were excellent' you then see 2 or more saying that they are not to be trusted as they had a bad experience with them.

My take on it was that if you use an agency and you have any issues then at least you have an office to got to and try to sort the problem. Now that's not to say the agency can/will sort out any problem you have, but in theory they should. Where as if you rent directly from the owner then you are 100% reliant on the owner being honest and helping you.

I was told of one such incident a few years back where an English guy rented from the owner (another English guy) and the owner basically ripped him off. The renter was working offshore on a 4 week rotation and when he came back one trip the owner had kicked him out and changed all door locks. The guy lost all his clothing etc as the landlord had just thrown everything out. Turned out the renter had 2 months left on his rental and the landlord got a better offer for his condo so he threw the renters stuff out and moved in his new tenant. The new tenant knew nothing about this and when the guy confronted the owner he was to basically f*ck off or he'd end up in hospital. He apparently went to the Police and they just said 'nothing we can do'.

Speak to Adrian at Luxury Properties Pattaya....honest and trustworthy, no BS and always gets the best deal he can for the buyer. You will not find a bad report on him or Luxury.........

1 hour ago, TK_Knightster said:

Speak to Adrian at Luxury Properties Pattaya....honest and trustworthy, no BS and always gets the best deal he can for the buyer. You will not find a bad report on him or Luxury.........

Thanks TK, much appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

Archived