Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Full Moon Party

Braveheart

if you book a trip to the full moon party from samui the return trip, pick up from your hotel and drop off back to your hotel in the morning is also included in the price , the speedboat takes about half an hour , the really REALLY bad thing about the speedboats is the pick up and drop off .

a lot of the speedboats dont use a pier from samui so to get onto the boat you must wade almost waist deep in water and because the thais couldnt give a shit about queueing its just a free for all with about 50 people trying to get on the same boat so when it is full with about 25 people the rest must wait for the next boat and in this time there are more people turning up , so the next boat comes and the people who couldn,t get on the previous boat are mixed with the new people and the process starts over again and again and again and again and again and again .

instead of the thais organizing a few stakes in the sand aand some rope so that people form a queue ,

arriving on koh phangnan the boat stops on the " harbour beach " and you must jump down from the front of the boat onto gravel and stones ,

then as of last year to get to the harbour to the party ( only on the night of the party ) you must pay a toll to the ."""" HADRINN BUISNENESS ASSOSCIATION = MAFIA THIEVES""" who try to claim that the money is for cleaning the beach the next day , probably at least 50,000 baht taken how much do you think gets spent on the clean up .

then on the trip back its exactly the same , no queues , a free for all and god help you if you have lost your return ticket because then you must book a new .

but having said all that it is a great party and i will also be there for it in january , but above all remember NO DRUGS there are undercover police everywhere and some of them carry out a sting operation of selling you drugs and then arresting you and shaking you down , so i will say it again NO DRUGS .

hope this has been of some help

"And were you pleased?" they asked Helen in Hell.

"Pleased?" answered she,when all Troy's towers fell;

And dead were Priam´s sons, and lost his throne?

And such a war was fought as none had known;

And even the Gods took part; and all because

Of me alone! Pleased?

I should say I was!"

Lord Dunsany

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dimag

• erogenous

• Gyromorph

• jgc123

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

its been very helpful, cheers. i found this blog as well that has links to another 5 blogs where people have had bad experiences like the one you describe. i really dont think it would be worth staying on samui because of potential hassle. i want the convenience of being able to go to and fro my room to get more money, drop off camera, check up on security etc. and when i eventually start drinking a shorter trip back, hopefully with a cute lady friend ;)

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-get-to-the-Full-Moon-Party-from-Koh-Samui

• 2 weeks later...

can anyone recommend a good hotel/resort near the action for the full moon NYE party this year?

any help would be appreciated!

you would be too late buddy, it's far too late to book for NYE, i struggled even to get a shitty bungalow on haad rin for the january FMP

you will need to book something further away and get a taxi/baht bus in and out of the FMP, if you want a nice bungalow resort with excellent beaches, i highly recommend malibu bungalows. last time i was on phangan i didnt stay there but went there all the time to use their beach! the sand is nice and the bay is scenic.

just did google maps & it said it was a 48min drive!

i appreciate your suggestion but maybe something a little bit closer would be good if you can think of anything...

i know i have left it late but i have only just decided on going!

i recommended it because although it is far (other side of the island), it is an excellent little place to spend all your other free time rather than just for the FMP.

i cant really recommend anything else, as ive only stayed at haad salad prestige resort & spa before and whilst also excellent, its as far as malibu is to the party and there are other minor things that would keep me from recomming it strongly (annoying over-hospitable staff, overpriced rooms, average breakfast)

checkout phangan.info and use the maps to find the closest resorts to the FMP on haad rin, but at such short notice, you're going to have a helluva time in finding something in advance. might be worth it to consider staying on samui if you really cant find anything and grab a boat to the party.

here's a photo of the beach at malibu beach bungalows (just showing why i recommended it again ;)

P1080830.jpg

Edited by erogenous

• 1 month later...

I have been staying on pha-ngan for the last 12 months and have never been to the full moon party for 2 reasons, 1, it's full of drunk westerners that moan when they wake up on the beach after the fmp with no wallet and camera(tip: dont get so drunk you fall asleep on the beach, if you do, it's ur own damn fault), 2, the trouble nowadays is ridiculous, there are always falang starting fights drunk, then end up getting beaten and robbed by the locals. IMHO, the westerners are ruining the island.

Edited by Gyromorph

Gyro

Full Moon Party is AMAZING, one of the reasons why I originally went to thailand, (Mates had been to it and highly recommended it) It's like nothing you will ever experience.. dozens of booze stands screaming for your business, buckets of piss from 80bht! Fire jumping, Photos with snakes,lizards,monkeys on your back. Hot swedish tourist and of course loverly thai girls. God it was so much fun.

I would recommend staying at www.santhiya.com if you got enough cash for the full 5star service, catching a speedboat to the island 1 way then just getting another boat back when you're done. A+++