Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Looking to replace your Smart phone ? Have a look

On 7/15/2018 at 13:56, Kahoy said:

I think it's allowed now by executive order.

17 hours ago, HTW said:

You are correct. It was ZTE phones.   Trump overturned it saying it would eliminate too many "Chinese jobs". 2 days later his daughter Ivanka got about 10 new trademarks approved by China. .. huh???

WOW I was not aware of this...what kind of “American” president do we have. What will it take to stop him? 

i bought one of these sometime ago direct from china for about US $210, imported it into Australia.

All good am very happy with it.

Good specs.

https://www.banggood.com/th/Ulefone-T1-Global-Version-5_5-Inch-6GB-RAM-64GB-ROM-MTK-Helio-P25-Octa-core-4G-Smartphone-p-1177311.html

Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards.

• 8 months later...

About three years ago my wife's Samsung S5 died. I bought her (at that time) a top of the line Xiaomi. She uses all that social crap. She wasn't happy with it until I changed the launcher to Google Now from Playstore. Then she loved it and says it is much better than her old S5.  It's still going strong. I recently changed both our phone launchers to the Xiaomi Poco launcher. It is easier to keep track of all the junk my wife has on her phone and it works great for me too..

My old eyes made using my old pushbutton tiny screen Nokia hard for me to use. I bought myself a Mi A1 Xiaomi. That's a middle of the line phone with pure Android. It doesn't have all those junk apps that manufactures like to put on and you can't get rid of. We will continue to use Xiaomi. I think they give you the biggest bang for the baht.

I do have a Huawei tablet. It is amazing for sound and speed. I bought it because it has an 8.6 inch screen. 7 inch was too small and 10 inch was too big. I think Huawei has priced themselves way above Xiaomi for comparable phones. At least for now, Xiaomi is the preferred brand for me.

The USA could learn a lot from LOS about cell service. $40(1200thb) a month for cell service. $20(600thb) to $30(900thb) for the phone. I know many that pay $120(3600thb) a month, iPhone, unlimited everything.

As for Chinese phones in the USA,  trying to find a cell provider is like looking for a herd of Unicorns.

11 hours ago, Ziplee said:

The USA could learn a lot from LOS about cell service. $40(1200thb) a month for cell service. $20(600thb) to $30(900thb) for the phone. I know many that pay $120(3600thb) a month, iPhone, unlimited everything.

As for Chinese phones in the USA,  trying to find a cell provider is like looking for a herd of Unicorns.

I pay £11 (440bht) a month for unlimited calls, texts and 8GB of data - Phone bought outright. The US market seems really expensive.

4 minutes ago, chelseafan said:

The US market seems really expensive.

Someone has to keep the likes of the big telcos rolling in cash?   The main reason that they are so disliked!

41 minutes ago, chelseafan said:

(440bht) a month for unlimited calls, texts and 8GB of data

That would run around $60(1800thb) I have unlimited calls, texts and 2GB of data and that runs $40(1200thb) a month. 

47 minutes ago, ctp2018 said:

big telcos rolling in cash

2 minutes ago, Ziplee said:

That would run around $60(1800thb) I have unlimited calls, texts and 2GB of data and that runs $40(1200thb) a month. 

Blimey, you guys are being well and truly screwed. Did I tell you that I can use my same data plan in most European countries at no extra cost :)

14 hours ago, Gary Loei said:

About three years ago my wife's Samsung S5 died. I bought her (at that time) a top of the line Xiaomi. She uses all that social crap. She wasn't happy with it until I changed the launcher to Google Now from Playstore. Then she loved it and says it is much better than her old S5.  It's still going strong. I recently changed both our phone launchers to the Xiaomi Poco launcher. It is easier to keep track of all the junk my wife has on her phone and it works great for me too..

I have a Xiaomi redmi note 5 pro and have the Poco launcher installed as well.  I have no clue why Xiaomi refuses to give you access to the app drawer, which is basically my only major beef with the MIUI.  With Huawei phones, the app drawer is disabled by default, but you can turn it back on in the settings.  Dunno why Xiaomi refuses to do this, you would think that would make both camps happy (those who don't want the app drawer, and those who do).

main concern for the phone is the camera. how does it compate to the samsung latest galaxy?  btw u can get an unlocked s7 theses days for about $150 usd

Anybody buys Apple iPhone XS ?? Cost €1250 ... WTF . I have been itching my head whether to buy it or not ? ... Bit silly to buy for that price , isn’t ?? 

1 minute ago, jocky king said:

Anybody buys Apple iPhone XS ?? Cost €1250 ... WTF . I have been itching my head whether to buy it or not ? ... Bit silly to buy for that price , isn’t ?? 

Guess you getting it then as your known as Mr Silly :D

• Haha 2

The day I spend over a thousand dollars for a phone is the day I dig my old tiny screened Nokia out of the drawer and hope it continues to work. I have one Apple product, an iPod. It is a great little gadget but having to "TRY" to use iTunes to use it is a major pain in the ass. I can easily transfer my audio books to my phone, tablet and other cheap gadgets even memory sticks very easily. Both my newer vehicles have USB connections so I can listen to my audio books on the entertainment systems. I was a Samsung fan but the last two, an S4 and an S5 were both lemons. The S3 was probably the best phone I ever had. No more Samsung phones and certainly no Apple products for me.

• 2 months later...

A couple months ago I was looking on AliExpress at phones. One caught my eye. It was a new model Meizu Note 9. They had the global model on a special sale. Less than $200. The camera was the main selling point for me. I am somewhat impulsive and ordered it. My Xiaomi is a great phone but the dual camera is slow to take a picture when you push the button. Most of the photos are pretty good but some are not too good. The Meizu takes the picture instantly and the quality is awesome. The Xiaomi is now a backup. My old Xiaomi will be my wife's next phone if and when her top of the line Xiaomi dies. It has a hard life since my wife uses all the social crap. Her phone has a better camera the my Xiaomi and since she rarely uses the camera, maybe she won't notice the difference in cameras. Other than the camera, the performance between the Xiaomi's is about the same.

I finally bought a smart phone last month after using a Motorola for 15 years that cost 1500.  I wanted the phone with the best camera so I bought a Huawei P30 Pro, just released last month and banned in the US.  The camera is made by Leica, who have been making really good cameras for a century.  I’m very happy with it, the zoom and low light performance are particularly impressive, 40 megapixels, 32 in front.  The processor isn’t as good as Samsung or Apple, but it’s good enough.  Battery life is excellent and charges very quickly.  It’s a nice device for a thousand bucks but the cloudy software upgrade situation is a major concern as I won’t be able to get android updates after August.  

Retired

On ‎09‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 20:49, wadman said:

sI have a Xiaomi redmi note 5 pro and have the Poco launcher installed as well.  I have no clue why Xiaomi refuses to give you access to the app drawer, which is basically my only major beef with the MIUI.  With Huawei phones, the app drawer is disabled by default, but you can turn it back on in the settings.  Dunno why Xiaomi refuses to do this, you would think that would make both camps happy (those who don't want the app drawer, and those who do).

I recently bought the Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite, pure Android and 4,000 mA battery, lasts for a couple of days for me. 4/64 memory and dual sim + micro sd card. I paid £144 in the UK.

i just bought a Motorola G7 Power for 6,000 baht. A very good phone for the price and better than my Samsung J7 Pro which was 8,000 baht i think

9 hours ago, Gary Loei said:

A couple months ago I was looking on AliExpress at phones. One caught my eye. It was a new model Meizu Note 9. They had the global model on a special sale. Less than $200. The camera was the main selling point for me. I am somewhat impulsive and ordered it. My Xiaomi is a great phone but the dual camera is slow to take a picture when you push the button. Most of the photos are pretty good but some are not too good. The Meizu takes the picture instantly and the quality is awesome. The Xiaomi is now a backup. My old Xiaomi will be my wife's next phone if and when her top of the line Xiaomi dies. It has a hard life since my wife uses all the social crap. Her phone has a better camera the my Xiaomi and since she rarely uses the camera, maybe she won't notice the difference in cameras. Other than the camera, the performance between the Xiaomi's is about the same.

That meizu looks good. My gym mp3 is meizu and its excellent. That phone is about £150 on aliexpress in uk for me.

I have the cubot x18 plus from aliexpress. Now about £100. Remarkable phone, unbelievable for the price. Now superceded by newer models.

• 3 months later...

@Soi7Larry, its been a few months now...

Are you still happy with your Umidigi A5Pro?  I am about ready to buy one.

Thanks

Edited by Danolo

14 hours ago, fatjack1 said:

Yeah but now the Chinese are listening in to everything you do.  And tracking you.

Oh wait.  No one cares.  :P

Yeah, the NSA and CIA are outraged that they now have to share American citizens' private data with another country. Quick, ban Chinese phones, so they can reestablish their monopoly on spying.

Meanwhile, my Huawei Mate P20 Pro Dual Sim blows even the top IPhone out of the water in almost every department, battery life, cameras, build quality and spec, all for $400 less. And I'm loving how Google are threatening to withdraw Android for new Huawei phones. No problem, Huaweis own OS and app database will be fully established within 2 years, at which point Apple and Google will finally get kicked to the kerb. And Good riddance!

Experts warn that a laptop can seriously damage your sperm....

Although in my experience, not as much as sperm can damage your laptop!

9 hours ago, fatjack1 said:

Yeah but now the Chinese are listening in to everything you do.  And tracking you.

This morning I had a medical appointment. This afternoon I went to the supermarket for some food.

If China cares to send round two hot girls to follow up on this riveting information, I'll make them very welcome.

I'm still amazed with the Meizu Note 9 camera. It takes the photo as soon as you push the button. Quality is excellent. I felt a little stupid with the Xiaomi camera. I went into setting and found that there is a selection for quality. I set it to best and the pictures are much better. However, it is slow to take the photo when you push the button.

• 2 months later...
On 13/06/2019 at 11:23, Scuba+ said:

i just bought a Motorola G7 Power for 6,000 baht. A very good phone for the price and better than my Samsung J7 Pro which was 8,000 baht i think

You still happy with the Motorola, I'm looking for a budget phone and this one along with a Sony Xperia L3 have caught my eye.

• 2 months later...

A while back I was asking for advice on which phone to buy since I wanted to keep my phone from home with the sim card in for emergency calls etc and didn't really wanna lose it either so I bought the Motorola G7 Play from Argos for £99.95 which comes unlocked, went to the counter at the airport and bought a sim and it worked great, it's the cheapest 4G phone I could find and had no issues with it.

I did get pretty drunk one night and trying to use ThaiFriendly in my hotel room and dropped it and cracked the screen all over the phone as it face planted on the hard floor but when I got home I just bought a new screen for £23 off eBay and used a hair dryer to loosen the glue used to stick the back and screen on and managed to replace so it's good to go for my next trip.

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8835112

345435.jfif

Edited by Soon2Thai