IGNORED

Looking to replace your Smart phone ? Have a look

I have been a diehard LG user having had the G3 G4 V10 and V20 and been very happy with them but while looking at the new Samsung s9 I decided I was ready for a new phone. The S9 are costing between 675 and 800 US. Well was not interested in putting out that sort of money (Being Unemployed and all :D) So i started to do some research on Chinese phones as I have heard some good things about them.

Camd across this a Umidigi S2 Pro I had never heard of them so had a look the spec are outstanding I have been using this for about 2 weeks and am really very happy with it. The best couple of features are the 5100Mah Battery and the 6 gig of ram! as well as 128GB of storage.

The battery with average use gets me 48 hours between charging. Heavy use 36 hours no problem.

So I went on line to hunt one down and bought it off Ebay for under 300 US could get 3 of these for 1 of the s9s. I did an online comparison and the results were very onesided. Have a look. A possible down side is that if I were to need repairs I may be out of luck here in Thailand. 

https://www.gadgetsnow.com/compare-mobile-phones/Samsung-Galaxy-S9-vs-Umidigi-S2-Pro

This phone can now be had for 229 US  Here https://www.pdevice.com/product/umidigi-s2-pro-price-specs

based on mine at that price a bargain IMO

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

41 minutes ago, Soi7 said:

I have been a diehard LG user having had the G3 G4 V10 and V20 and been very happy with them but while looking at the new Samsung s9 I decided I was ready for a new phone. The S9 are costing between 675 and 800 US. Well was not interested in putting out that sort of money (Being Unemployed and all :D) So i started to do some research on Chinese phones as I have heard some good things about them.

Camd across this a Umidigi S2 Pro I had never heard of them so had a look the spec are outstanding I have been using this for about 2 weeks and am really very happy with it. The best couple of features are the 5100Mah Battery and the 6 gig of ram! as well as 128GB of storage.

The battery with average use gets me 48 hours between charging. Heavy use 36 hours no problem.

So I went on line to hunt one down and bought it off Ebay for under 300 US could get 3 of these for 1 of the s9s. I did an online comparison and the results were very onesided. Have a look. A possible down side is that if I were to need repairs I may be out of luck here in Thailand. 

https://www.gadgetsnow.com/compare-mobile-phones/Samsung-Galaxy-S9-vs-Umidigi-S2-Pro

This phone can now be had for 229 US  Here https://www.pdevice.com/product/umidigi-s2-pro-price-specs

based on mine at that price a bargain IMO

Thus spake the god of cellphone tech' - I can certainly recommend looking inot it bases on Soi7's expertise.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Pakwan

Thus spake the god of cellphone tech' - I can certainly recommend looking inot it bases on Soi7's expertise.

Sent from my LG-H962 using Tapatalk

babydollsaddict.gif

How can we know for sure that it doesn't come preloaded with Chinese spyware that is baked in?

No idea but I am having no bloat ware issues 6gb ram makes this CP fly

Sent from my S2_PRO using Tapatalk

babydollsaddict.gif

My current phone is a Umidigi Z Pro and my previous a Umidigi Super. Both are well built and "feel" good. Performance wise both do a good job (although I had to get the Z Pro exchanged as the touchscreen stopped working).

The downside is I dropped the Super and the screen cracked making the right side unresponsive to touch and the Z Pro screen is scratched to buggery (I don't use screen covers). Could be down to the supplier (allegedly official suppliers off of AliXpress) but the Z Pro does not appear to be gorilla glass to me.

Still think my next will be another Umidigi unless something comes out around the same price range that blows it away.

35 minutes ago, LarryDarrell said:

How can we know for sure that it doesn't come preloaded with Chinese spyware that is baked in?

because i think google do some checks before they will let them use the play store as their platform ....something like that anyway

I read about umidigi, but decided on a cubot x18 plus. Unbelievable specs for £106 from china ...also avoids UK VAT :P

5.99 inch, oreo 8, 64gb, fingerprint scanner etc 

edit: it can do splitscreen apps. I'm no phone geek but its quite cool to see.

Edited by taylor1975

Damn you [mention=114]Soi7[/mention] I may well be about to make an impulse buy now and I wasn't even thinking about a new phone for at least 6 months https://cloud.video.taobao.com/play/u/2775452840/p/1/e/6/t/10301/50177642081.mp4 [emoji3]
That one is a step up from the S2 Pro that I have better camera one-generation better of Gorilla Glass and I Think It's got a quicker processor

babydollsaddict.gif

12 minutes ago, Soi7 said:

That one is a step up from the S2 Pro that I have better camera one-generation better of Gorilla Glass and I Think It's got a quicker processor

Yeah, the specs look good (bit low on the storage space for the one linked later)it has NFC which my current phone doesn't which is a pain in the arse and I do appreciate the Umidigi build quality as mentioned. US$249.99 from AliXpress so not a bad price either ... trying to hold my finger back from pressing that buy button as I type!

Yeah, the specs look good (bit low on the storage space) and I do appreciate the Umidigi build quality as mentioned. US$249.99 from AliXpress so not a bad price either ... trying to hold my finger back from pressing that buy button as I type!
249 is cheap they are 100 bucks more on Amazon are you sure 249 is the price on the Z2 Pro and not the Z2? If it's the pro press that button and get a bargain

babydollsaddict.gif

2 minutes ago, Soi7 said:

...are you sure 249 is the price on the Z2 Pro...

Aha, ... thanks, almost bought a Z2!

The screen is where they save the money. Also no dolby.

The other thing I look at is the manufacturer's track record is publishing upgrade kits for major versions of Android. I see the S2 is already out of date. Hav ethey published and upgrade to A8 yet?

I have an Apple 7 which will need to die before I upgrade it but if I was looking for a new phone I'd be looking at the 1 Plus 6, available for $500 in MBK I saw on another thread.

Did you have it shipped to Thailand and if so what about duty and tax?
Shipped to a friend that visits often from the states and he brought it to me in Thailand

Sent from my S2_PRO using Tapatalk

babydollsaddict.gif

14 hours ago, taylor1975 said:

because i think google do some checks before they will let them use the play store as their platform ....something like that anyway

Why didn't this stop Blu smart phones from shipping with preloaded spyware?

I believe it is the wet dream of the Chinese government to have unrestricted surveillance of their entire population and have no reason to trust products like these unless I can somehow have them independently verified. Most people I think are better off spending a little more money to get a product that seems more trustworthy and leave these great bargains to the Chinese and Indian customers for whom they were designed.

As a as a disclaimer, I do currently use a OnePlus 5 phone made in China. I am also a little suspicious about it, but one plus products are heavily scrutinized internationally. It is a favorite brand of tech geeks, and if I so choose I can overwrite the OEM operating system with a verified open source replacement.

6 hours ago, LarryDarrell said:

Why didn't this stop Blu smart phones from shipping with preloaded spyware?

I believe it is the wet dream of the Chinese government to have unrestricted surveillance of their entire population and have no reason to trust products like these unless I can somehow have them independently verified. Most people I think are better off spending a little more money to get a product that seems more trustworthy and leave these great bargains to the Chinese and Indian customers for whom they were designed.

As a as a disclaimer, I do currently use a OnePlus 5 phone made in China. I am also a little suspicious about it, but one plus products are heavily scrutinized internationally. It is a favorite brand of tech geeks, and if I so choose I can overwrite the OEM operating system with a verified open source replacement.

If the chinese govt want my data ...they are welcome to it. Its not that interesting.

I can't get this paranoid about a phone. 

• Like 2

I have decided to switch for my LG G5 to a chinese phone. Information is so hard to come by. I have my heart set on the Mi8. I read both sets of reviews. Perhaps I am missing something? The Mi8 will cost me twice as much. How does the Mi8 compare in your opinion to the S2 Pro?

20 minutes ago, rob63 said:

I have decided to switch for my LG G5 to a chinese phone. Information is so hard to come by. I have my heart set on the Mi8. I read both sets of reviews. Perhaps I am missing something? The Mi8 will cost me twice as much. How does the Mi8 compare in your opinion to the S2 Pro?

Xiaomi Mi8 specs 

https://m.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_8-9065.php

The S2 Pro has the  MediaTek MT6757CD chipset, which is a midrange chipset (not even top of the midrange). 

The xiaomi Mi8 has a snapdragon 845 chipset, which is currently the fastest around. 

Of course the Mi8 costs more too, so you need to decide how fast a phone you need. 

1 hour ago, rob63 said:

Side by side

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=15&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiniO3Fw6PcAhWRTn0KHVGODDoQFgheMA4&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.devicespecifications.com%2Fen%2Fcomparison%2Fc62810e1d7&usg=AOvVaw0ApCGx8HkYpo_axIXia7iX

babydollsaddict.gif

I've had the Xiaomi RedMi 4 Prime since April last year.

$240 - AUD

I prefer the 5" screens.  Any larger and they do not fit in the pocket comfortably.

I rooted it and installed the Europe version of ROM with Android 7.1.2

These phones have a another layer of OS called MIUI (Mi User Interface) sitting over the top of Android.

I have had no issues with it.

The only draw back is that it does not have one of the 4G/LTE frequencies that Optus uses when out in the sticks but generally one of the other frequencies is available.

So I would check your carrier's frequencies with what the phone has.

Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime Smartphone - Snapdragon 625 2.0GHZ CPU, 3GB RAM, Android 6.0, 4G, Dual SIM, 5 Inch FHD Display (Grey)

General

·       OS Version: MIUI 8 (Android 6.0)

·       CPU: 64-bit, Octa-Core Snapdragon 625

·       GPU: Adreno 506

·       Processor Speed (max): 2.0GHz

·       RAM:3GB

·       Internal Memory: 32GB

·       External Memory: Support up to 128GB

·       Display Size: 5.0 Inch

·       Display Resolution: 1920 x 1080

·       Touch Screen: Support Capacitive

·       Multi-touch: Support 10 Point

·       Frequency: 2G: GSM B2/B3/B5/B8 CDMA: CDMA: BC0 3G: WCDMA B1/B2/B5/B8 TD-SCDMA: TD-SCDMA B34/B39 4G: FDD: B1/B3/ B7, TD: B38/B39/B40/41

·       IMEI Number: 2

·       GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, Beidou Navigation System

·       Bluetooth

·       Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n

·       FM Radio

·       Google Play

·       Sensors: Proximity, Orientation, Magnetic Field, Accelerometer, Gravity, Gyroscope, Light, Linear Acceleration, Pressure, Infrared

·       Fingerprint Scanner

·       Mic and Speaker

·       Built-in Battery

·       Battery Size: 4100mAh

·       Battery Standby: Up to 9 Days

·       5 Megapixel Front-Facing Camera + 13 Megapixel Rear Camera

·       Video Resolution: 1280 x 720 Front / 1920 x 1080 Back

Ports

·       2x SIM (4G/3G/ GSM) - 1x Micro SIM (4G/3G/ GSM) + 1x Nano SIM Card or 1 Micro SD Card

·       Micro USB

·       3.5mm Audio Jack

Languages

·       Bahasa Indonesia, Bahasa Melayu, German, English, Spanish, French, Italian, Magyar, Vietnamese, Turkish, Greek, Russian, Hebrew, Arab, Thai, Korean, Chinese (Simp), Chinese (Trad), Japanese

Media Formats

·       Video: MP4, 3GP, AVI

·       Audio: MP3. WMA, WAV

·       Graphic: JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP

·       E-Book: PDF, TXT

Dimensions

·       Main Product Dimensions: 140 x 68 x8 mm (L x W x D)

·       Main Product Weight: 160g

Edited by muldoon

On the trail of the pink pussy
Don't sweat the petty things. Just pet the sweaty things!

TRs
Oct-Nov 2013 TR Pattaya        http://www.pattaya-a...uldoon-will-go/
Oct-Nov 2013 TR Cambodia     http://www.pattaya-a...uldoon-will-go/
Oct-Nov 2013 TR Bangkok       http://www.bangkok-a...uldoon-will-go/

22 hours ago, Roadglide said:

There is a good reason that no Chinese phones can be sold on American military base exchanges.  

Do tell...I'd love to hear a 'good' reason speaking as someone who recently bought a Huawei Mate 10 Pro and couldn't be happier.

I've heard of at least one 'bad' reason and that's to protect Qualcomm - and judging by the performance of the Mate 10 Pro's Hisillicon chipset and Huawei's Supercharge charging system, Qualcomm has a lot to be worried about.

In fact, I see Newegg has them on sale for $549 with a $50 promo - think I'll get a backup since it's likely Huawei won't be sold by any major retailers when current stocks are gone

Verily the works and words of those gone before us have become instances and examples to men of our modern day, that folk may view what admonishing chances befel other folk and may therefrom take warning!