IGNORED

Which best hotel in pataya near beach !

Andy chan

I am going to pataya on next month.

Which hotel recommend for ? I am the first time go .

And I will bring cash or visa is bester , and how much is good.

thanks friend

xchange cash in pattaya.bring as many sources for getting money as possible.stay in the main tourist area.read PA.

First and most obvious question - how much do you wish to spend? All three of these hotels are all on/near Beach Road.

Money no object  - The Hilton - fabulous 5 star luxury (book a suite if your minted).

Mid Range - LK Empress - top hotel overlooking the beach, from 2,500THB pn.

Budget(ish) - Blue Sky - on soi 5 OK hotel near beach rd and from 1,300THB pn

Beach Front Hotel - Soi 4 - Beach Road

I personally like the Beach Front Resort. It is on the corner of Beach Road and Soi 4. Great location and if you pay the rooms to have a great view. The hotel and most of the rooms are up to date and clean.

Pros and Cons.

Pros:

The hotel is across the street from the beach. What a location, if you have a room with a view or choose to not pay extra it has little effect. You are able to wake up every day and see the sunrise and the sunset on the beach with no effort. That alone is outstanding.

The hotel has a cafe on Beach road. You can pay a bit extra or just us the cafe for a drink now and then. The view is amazing as it is 10 meters from the beach.

Workout facility is on the second floor facing the beach. :)

Guest friendly and moments from Soi 6 and Beach Road.

Rooms are clean, make sure to look at your room first as a few of their rooms have very very small showers. If this does not bother you then no worries.

Cons:

Some rooms have very small showers. I could not stand up straight in a few of their rooms showers. I am not that tall at 5'11".

Workout facility is dated and a bit small.

Really that is it with the cons. The hotel is a great value in my opinion. They require a deposit like most hotels do. Weird how just 2 years ago this didn't exist. The staff is professional and get your checked in fast. I have also had them money exchange for me with small bills from my country and they gladly helped.

Take care.

7 hours ago, Italian777 said:

Beach Front Hotel - Soi 4 - Beach Road

I personally like the Beach Front Resort. It is on the corner of Beach Road and Soi 4. Great location and if you pay the rooms to have a great view. The hotel and most of the rooms are up to date and clean.

Pros and Cons.

Pros:

The hotel is across the street from the beach. What a location, if you have a room with a view or choose to not pay extra it has little effect. You are able to wake up every day and see the sunrise and the sunset on the beach with no effort. That alone is outstanding.

The hotel has a cafe on Beach road. You can pay a bit extra or just us the cafe for a drink now and then. The view is amazing as it is 10 meters from the beach.

Workout facility is on the second floor facing the beach. :)

Guest friendly and moments from Soi 6 and Beach Road.

Rooms are clean, make sure to look at your room first as a few of their rooms have very very small showers. If this does not bother you then no worries.

Cons:

Some rooms have very small showers. I could not stand up straight in a few of their rooms showers. I am not that tall at 5'11".

Workout facility is dated and a bit small.

Really that is it with the cons. The hotel is a great value in my opinion. They require a deposit like most hotels do. Weird how just 2 years ago this didn't exist. The staff is professional and get your checked in fast. I have also had them money exchange for me with small bills from my country and they gladly helped.

Take care.

Looks a good hotel....but no pool.

I would read the forums and think twice about getting a hotel near the beach. Once you have been there once, you won't want to go again!

As for money, Thai banks charge 220 baht per transaction + whatever your bank charges you.  Factor that in when you decide to bring cash or use ATM.

What about The Wave, right on the middle of BR? 

Small, GF, quirky, good sized pool, great personal service plus you can also use the facilities of the neighbouring Bayview...

If you're American get a Charles Schwab account and ATM card.  They reimburse any ATM fees and you'll get a good exchange rate.  Other countries probably have something similar.  I use a visa card whenever possible as long as there is no additional charge  added by the seller and no foreign transaction fee by your credit card. I like getting miles for future free flights to LOS.

Archived