IGNORED

Patong Hotel GF policy – a mini summary

boytoy

My first time to Phuket and here is the summary of the guest policy for some of the hotels that I short listed for my stay in July 2018. I read the reports here and couple of other forums to narrow down the list and emailed these hotels individually to know the current status. I hope this information is helpful to anyone trying to book a hotel around Bangla road.

4 Star Properties

• Holiday Inn Resort Phuket Patong Beach - Not guest friendly (their email states that they are family friendly)
  • Grand Mercure Phuket Patong Resort & Villas – 1500 Bhat/Person/Day
  • Nap Patong - Joiner fee of 1500 Bhat/Person/Day
  • Royal Paradise – Joiner fee of 1000 Bhat/Person/Day (Another punter here has indicated that he was able to bring girls back without any charges though was informed of the same guest policy both over the phone and email.  Will verify this in person during my trip.)
  • The Marina Phuket hotel – 1000 Bhat/Person/Day
  • The KEE Resort & Spa Patong - 1000 Bhat/Person/Day
  • The Gig hotel – No response
  • Aspery Phuket – No response

3 Star Properties & Below

• Hemingways’silk hotel – No joiner fee
  • Safari Beach hotel - No joiner fee
  • Amata Patong
    • if booking book for 2 person room is occupied up to 2 person with registration guest
    • if booking book for 2 person and register only 1 person upon check in 2nd person visiting free of charge
    • if visitors more than 1 person in the same time 500 baht net apply to charge
  • Patong Merlin hotel – 800 Bhat/Person/Day
  • Surf hotel Patong -  No response.

R Mar resorts – Based on reports from forum members I wanted to book R Mar but my research indicate that they charge 500 Bhat/visitor/night (2018 Report). I did not bother to email them since by this time I already decided where I am staying.

Cheers,

BT

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

So, do tell, where did you stay and how was it?

A mate stayed at   absolute pearl for a wedding and they sated 1500 per night.  he tried to cancel but was told there would be no refund and th wedding party would hsve to make up the difference as it was part of the wedding package. He said the security guard was asleep when he came back from the bar first night so ducked back to the bar and grabbed the girl hr was keen on. This went on for a week    when the bride and groom settled up the guests moved to other places.  as he was leaving the reception said he owed 10000 baht.  he simply said no one challenged him and he had no money. but he travelled on an Australian passport but handed his uk one over to reception so they had no way of tracing him.

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/01/2019 at 10:16, Play_Hard said:

So, do tell, where did you stay and how was it?

Stayed at BYD Loft. The location of this property was spot on and just to my taste. 10 - 15 minutes walking distance (i enjoy walking) to the night life area but just few minutes from the beach. Bring girls back to the room was not a problem when i stayed in July 2018 however i would advise to email and check if they have changed their guest police as of today. Friendly staff and great service!

I used to stay at R Mar , and used to recommend them here , 

I used to hear mixed reports , some in the main building would say you have to pay 500 baht and hand over ID etc, 

I used to stay in the other building near the pool and walk staright in , no need to go past reception , security would just give a nod and a smile , did that for a few years , even with 2 girls , 

Last July , to my surprise security asked me to take the girl into reception ,I didnt , took her to my room ,  they got her on the way out , I  had to pay 500 baht , they came to the room  3 in the morning to collect it , 

Bit of a bummer , for me that place was a bit of a gem , had everything 

• 3 months later...

In Grand Mercure you don't pay anything for the first guest that stays with you assuming you booked your room for 2 people. They registered my girl for free and told me they only gonna charge the fee if I bring different one.

• 4 months later...

Booked the Paripas Patong hotel. Haven't been there yet, but I asked them in an email and they say there's a 500 THB joiner fee.

• 5 months later...

@boytoy - Doubt you'll ever see this as it looks like you haven't posted in a while, but thank you for starting this good resource.

• 3 months later...
On 05/02/2019 at 00:14, boytoy said:

Patong tower is also a good option that was recommended to me by a friend. Worth checking it out.

Cheers!

I stayed at Patong Tower a few years ago in various room or apartments with fully equipped kitchens and are quite large. They were girl friendly and the corner rooms on the Bangla Rd side are good. They have spas in them so the higher floors eg: Unit 1401 and 1701 are good and high. You don't have perves perving on you when you are relaxing in the spa with your current teerak. I just hope they haven't put up any high buildings in the vicinity

There is nothing like a cool beer in one hand and a warm titty in the other one. It is more fun when you can have two lovelies in the spa with you.

There are a couple of companies and private owners who rent out apartments and they are on the expensive side but are extremely good value. They have a pool downstairs but it not a good one. I did not use it at all. I'll try to find some photos and the website that gives you a good rundown on the apartments. By the way the seaview apartments have spectacular views over Patong Bay.

Edited by turen
Fixing spelling mistakes and adding some more content.
  • Like 3

Thank goodness for spell checkers.  Now I can sort of understand what I type.

I was there last year ... stayed at the clovers hotel Patong ( which was the surf hotel earlier I think )... they used to charge 500 bath joiner charges for every girl I got back ... while staying there I did visit a few properties and I realised that the best place to stay in Patong is the Yorkshire inn ... it’s very close to all the action of Bangla street and Patong beach and is absolutely gf ... you can get back as many girls as you want without paying anything extra and the staff is super friendly and are absolutely proud of their gf image 

• 6 months later...
On 03/07/2020 at 06:36, aa17981 said:

I was there last year ... stayed at the clovers hotel Patong ( which was the surf hotel earlier I think )... they used to charge 500 bath joiner charges for every girl I got back ... while staying there I did visit a few properties and I realised that the best place to stay in Patong is the Yorkshire inn ... it’s very close to all the action of Bangla street and Patong beach and is absolutely gf ... you can get back as many girls as you want without paying anything extra and the staff is super friendly and are absolutely proud of their gf image 

Stopped going back to Phuket for 10 years now , and medium star hotels charging joiner fees was one of the many money gouging reasons i made that decision .   Phuket has become a clip joint . 

If i ever did go back , Yorkshire inn is where i would stay , great location . 

Mikeyboy

• Like 3

I always check in with the TGF when I'm in Patong, but IIRC, the Lantern Resort on Soi Sansabai varies its joiner fee policy depending on whether it's low or high season.

Given current circumstances, might be worth an e-mail for anyone heading to Patong; I've always enjoyed my stays there, although the base room category is very small.

TB-ES

Always book for 2 people. If it's your girlfriend its easy to register when checking in. I'd personally not book anywhere that charges a joiner fee just to avoid any hassle. This can be easily found on the hotel policies information page.

I understand why they do it, why should other guests have to put up with batshit crazy noisy drink fuelled sex orgies at half past daft o'clock? They are paying guests as well. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You're here now where you should have been all along.  :wink:

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

9 hours ago, The Blue-Eyed Sheikh said:

I always check in with the TGF when I'm in Patong, but IIRC, the Lantern Resort on Soi Sansabai varies its joiner fee policy depending on whether it's low or high season.

Given current circumstances, might be worth an e-mail for anyone heading to Patong; I've always enjoyed my stays there, although the base room category is very small.

TB-ES

Is the X Pat hotel still operating ?  Soi Sansabai or Soi Sunset , cant remember which .  I never paid a joiners fee there and a great pool .   Rooms were small and i also used to bash my head on those cages they hung from the ceiling to cradle the TV  in . 

Mikeyboy

1 hour ago, AlexStardust said:

Stayed at Sleep with me hotel, 4 stars, close to Bangla road, in March 2019.

NOT guest friendly, they charged me 1000 baht joiner fee

Outrageous ,  bunch of crooks .        Only surpassed by the Tuk Tuk scumbags .

Mikeyboy

Lots of them will try it on, look at the hotel policies first. Phuket got used to ripping us off & getting away with it.

You're here now where you should have been all along.  :wink:

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

3 hours ago, AlexStardust said:

Stayed at Sleep with me hotel, 4 stars, close to Bangla road, in March 2019.

NOT guest friendly, they charged me 1000 baht joiner fee

Have stayed there myself, albeit with the TGF checked in. If you're staying in the back building, however, you don't have to pass through reception, so you can try your luck bluffing past the security guard standing out front.

TB-ES

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed at the Sleep with Me a couple of years ago. We had 2 rooms as my Daughter met up with us in Phuket with a Uni friend of hers. My girlfriend and I checked in together, on around the 3rd night (I had staggered off into the room very Mao) she was stopped by reception and forced to pay 1000 Baht joiner fee WTF. She does not look like the stereotypical bargirl....Of course the following morning I went batshit crazy, they made every excuse under the sun when we were trying to get the 1000 Baht reimbursed. Twats.

My Daughters room also had numerous charges against it which were not hers, which we obviously refused to pay.

The hotel itself is ok and in a decent location for Bangla. Avoid or stay with caution..........

• 1 year later...

I was just looking to book a hotel in phucket for next month but it seems like they all charge joiner fees to brings girls back . I usually just go Pattaya I have been visiting for nearly two decades and never had  to pay joiner fees . Always wanted to visit phucket it seems like I’d just go with what I know for now . 

15 hours ago, stevensonn said:

I was just looking to book a hotel in phucket for next month but it seems like they all charge joiner fees to brings girls back . I usually just go Pattaya I have been visiting for nearly two decades and never had  to pay joiner fees . Always wanted to visit phucket it seems like I’d just go with what I know for now . 

i don't know who you asked, but that wasn't my experience.

here's a list of confirmed joiner friendly hotels (joiner friendly was true / confirmed during covid times, so over the last 12 months. of course it's possible that some changed their policy by now): 

Kudo
Palmyra
Doubletree
IndoChine Resort
hotel Indigo
Four points
The Bloc hotel
Holiday Inn
C&N
The Gig hotel
Expat hotel
Rak Elegant
Patong Bay Hill
Oceanfront Beach Resort
Crest Resort
The Nai Harn
The Bliss
Lantern Resort hotel
Patong Mansion
Be Baan Paradise
Tony Resort
Tiras Patong
Patong Resort hotel
Safari Beach hotel
Homm Bliss Southbeach

Edited by petehoax
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

3 hours ago, petehoax said:

i don't know who you asked, but that wasn't my experience.

here's a list of confirmed joiner friendly hotels (joiner friendly was true / confirmed during covid times, so over the last 12 months. of course it's possible that some changed their policy by now....

The Bloc hotel

My experience was in december 2021.  The Bloc charged me a joiner fee and also charged for a covid test for 'my girl'. 

I moved to big hotel right opposite, by the surfing machine. They also had signs about joiner fees, but didnt enforce it at 01:00.

Thats the only 2 hotels I used.  Seems like YMMV.  Variable.

For me, signs about joiner fees put me off the hotel.

Edited by rog555

IME, there are a lot of hotels in Patong which supposedly charge joiner fees, but will either waive them in low season or ignore guests if the hotel is not busy.

Having said that, I definitely wouldn’t plan for their absence if an e-mail inquiry or posted sign indicates that joiner fees are being charged; many hotels have tried to charge a joiner fee when the TGF and I return after an evening out, even though she has checked in with me. 

TB-ES

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm that The Asprey hotel is GF