IGNORED

Best hotels in Bangkok

javasumatra

Hi,

I've lost count of the number of times I've stayed in Bangkok. The hotels I can remeber staying in are -

On 8 - Soi 8

Holiday Inn - Soi 22

Regency Park - Soi 22??

Amari Atrium

Sukhumvit Suites (That was fun during shutdown Bangkok restart Thailand)

Furama Xclusive - Down near soi 1

Sofitel (The big tall gold one)

Terminal 21 centre point

and probably a few more I forgot.

I am heading out to Thailand for Thanskgiving for a family holiday. We are staying at the Maitria on soi 18 for 3 nights and then heading down to Phuket for 9 nights and then back to BKK for 2 nights before going home. I believe that Bangkok has some of the best value hotels in the world and I think I might splurge on a top 5 star for the last 2 nights (kind of a YOLO thing). Peninsula is $195 prpn and Banyan tree is $138. Anyone care to offer their top 5 quality hotels in BKK please? Trying to keep it < $200 prpn

Thansk,

In Bangkok, I usually stay close to the places I go in the evening. :P So, My top 5 are:

1. Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit

2. Hilton Sukhumvit

3. JW Marriott

4. Pullman Grande Asoke

5. Bangkok Marriott hotel The Surawongse

+1 for the JW Marriott; they go over and above when it comes to accommodating to your needs. The short distance to Nana doesn't hurt either

• 5 weeks later...

When I stayed in Bangkok I was based at Bless residence on Soi 33. its quite a nice place and only a 5-7 min walk to Phrom Phong station, so you can easily get to Nana and Soi cowboy.

Soi 33 has some action going on with some massage places and restaurants, but is nice and quiet from when you just want sleep after your night out.

Ill try to dig out some photos.

Really good size double bed, nice and comfortable. not too much noise from outside as well which is a bonus if you are a light sleeper.

20170303_132943.jpg

Nice clean and well sized bathroom if you fancy a joint shower with your spinner for the night. 

20170303_132959.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Shangri La on the river is just about the best hotel I have ever been. River ferry runs past the door.

Agoda, link at top right of this page, will give you rates for the dates and rooms you seek.

Best overall I've stayed in is Oriental.

Best for stomach churning attentiveness from staff was Banyan Tree.

Best for value/quality was Imperial Queens Park on Soi22 before Marriott took over.

Best for discreet debauchery was Salil on Soi11.

Best for people watching is imo The Landmark.

Best ST hotel is the one on the Soi11/Soi3 cut through. Superb mix of visitors and seclusion.

6 hours ago, Shaksey said:

Best overall I've stayed in is Oriental.

Best for stomach churning attentiveness from staff was Banyan Tree.

Best for value/quality was Imperial Queens Park on Soi22 before Marriott took over.

Best for discreet debauchery was Salil on Soi11.

Best for people watching is imo The Landmark.

Best ST hotel is the one on the Soi11/Soi3 cut through. Superb mix of visitors and seclusion.

Which Oriental? Mandarin or Residence?

6 hours ago, Shaksey said:

yes....it's a discreet gem if you need one.

Any views on The Metropolitan on Sathorn Rd? 

Interiors look slick...and has famous restaurants.

Loved the Marriott Thonglor. Lovely big corner room. Great views, especially from the rooftop Octave bar. Price was very reasonable too.

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

I came, I saw, I mongered!

On ‎19‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 08:23, slalom said:

Which Oriental? Mandarin or Residence?

Mandarin. Residence is nothing more than a very good serviced apartment building imho.

According to this link (https://theluxurytravelexpert.com/2018/07/09/10-best-hotels-bangkok/), the 5 top hotels in Bangkok are:

5. The Peninsula Bangkok

4. St. Regis Bangkok

3. Mandarin Oriental Bangkok (which tops the list of reader votes)

2. Park Hyatt Bangkok (opened in 2017)

1. The Siam hotel

The Waldorf Astoria Bangkok just opened.  Based on my experience at their Beverly Hills location, it will be nice....VERY nice!  Great location, too.

I stayed at Shangri La years ago, and thought it was great.  Of course, as years go by and other hotels are opened, it may have fallen from it's once-lofty perch.

Some very different ratings here: https://santorinidave.com/best-hotels-bangkok

He has Grand Hyatt Erawan #6 and the best "business" hotel.  I have stayed there often and really enjoy it, but I don't think that it could possibly be better than the Park Hyatt that opened last year (and Hyatt certainly doesn't view it that way, based upon price/points required for a stay)

I like to stay near the shopping centers so I have something to do during the day (coffee, lunch, beverage, cinema).  I also tend to save my baht while I stay in Pattaya, but like to step it up a notch while in Bangkok.  Mainly because I spend more time in Pattaya then Bangkok. These are all 4 1/2 to 5-star hotels.  Here are my top 5 (in order of preference):

1. Maduzi hotel (Asoke)
  2. Centara Grand at Central World hotel (Siam)
  3. Grande Centre Point hotel Termina 21 (Asoke)
  4. Dream hotel Bangkok (Asoke)
  5. Adelphi Suites Bangkok (Nana)

Shangrila, Anantara riverside, or Chatrium riverside.

Basically anything beside the river runs its own boat to Saphan Taksin BTS and sometimes Asiatique.

Be like a dog,

" if you cant eat it, play with it, or fuck it. Piss on it and walk away."

I always stay at the Nana hotel. You can always grab a freelancer in the car park and it's opposite Nana Plaza. The new renovated rooms are spacious and nice. Nice pool to relax by during the day and buffet breakfast is included in the price. 

I stayed at the Grande Centre Point hotel Ploenchit which was really close to everything.
couple minute walking to the upper stairs that lead to the malls/shopping centers, very close to the main roads.
Ordered 2 girls from bangkok busty for a threesome and they just called my room to inform me that the girls had arrived.
The spa was overpriced like any high class hotel. breakfast was great, room was spacious with a balcony that allowed me to smoke my shisha that i had brought with me.
All in all, a solid 8.5.

Archived