IGNORED

New head of Pattaya Baht Bus Council to enforce the rules, bring new rules such as no standing on the back of Baht Busses

The Pattaya News

Pattaya-

PATTAYA:–The new head of the Pattaya Baht Bus Co-operative launched a committee tasked with investigating drivers violating traffic rules.

Sutab Sukuojai laid out his plans and policies to members and Banglamung District officials at a June 28 meeting at the co-op’s Pattaya office.

The new chairman said he will help the army and police crackdown on drivers parking illegally, not using bus stops and straying from assigned routes. It has also been announced, much to the surprise of baht bus drivers, expats and tourists that standing in the baht bus or on the back of the baht bus will be banned. People who violate this law can be charged up to 3000 baht. It is unclear if the fine is the responsibility of the driver or the person standing on the back.

The reason for banning standing on the back of baht busses has been stated that many people have fallen off over the years, generally when intoxicated, and injured themselves seriously. Removing the back standing areas of baht busses is also being looked at. It is stated that this ban has taken place immediately and police have begun fining people standing on the back. The Pattaya news can confirm that several reports of tourists being told to pay a 3000 baht fine for standing on the back have happened.

Baht bus operators will also be told not to overcrowd baht busses, especially at the bus stops on second Road going to Jomtien and Naklua. Finally, the drivers will be reminded not to overcharge tourists who do not know the fare or charge more during high traffic.

Sutab vowed that those found guilty will be suspended from driving and face license revocation for repeat offenses.

The post New head of Pattaya Baht Bus Council to enforce the rules, bring new rules such as no standing on the back of Baht Busses appeared first on The Pattaya News.

Click To View The Pattaya News Website

https://thepattayanews.com/newsletter/

Check out our Youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCznGH-m-TAn2iqTYQL5yOcA

Only time i stand on the back of a baht bus is when theres genuinely no seats, i`ve seen lots of people standing on the back of one when theres only one or two people on it, those are just people who are trying to look cool though!:D

It will be very interesting to see how rigorously this will be enforced as in my experience they never leave particularly at night till the Baht bus is full seated and standing?

:LMAO1::LMAO1::LMAO1:  

Well, as usual this afternoon, the Jomtien baht bus didn’t leave until there were 14 people on board, including standing at the back. There were police 10 yards away fining motorbike users.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

54 minutes ago, davidge said:

Well, as usual this afternoon, the Jomtien baht bus didn’t leave until there were 14 people on board, including standing at the back. There were police 10 yards away fining motorbike users.

they will most probaly only fine the westerner who is standing on the back and leave the driver alone !

1 hour ago, The Pattaya News said:

Baht bus operators will also be told not to overcrowd baht busses

Saw a baht bus evening in June that had what seemed ~20 Indians on it - no shit!  Said to the yank I was chatting with that "The Chinese use tour buses - the Indians use baht buses"  as sort of a joke. No offence meant - but that was what we saw.

Has the back ever broke, dragging passengers by their bare knees? I’m always a tad scared standing there. Indians love it. 

Just now, william77 said:

Has the back ever broke, dragging passengers by their bare knees? I’m always a tad scared standing there. Indians love it. 

My previous post should have mentioned that the back of the bus was almost touching the wheels.  Still makes me shake my head :unsure:

7 minutes ago, Barhop said:

Saw a baht bus evening in June that had what seemed ~20 Indians on it - no shit!  Said to the yank I was chatting with that "The Chinese use tour buses - the Indians use baht buses"  as sort of a joke. No offence meant - but that was what we saw.

They were probably thinking blimey there's all this room on the roof, why do we have to all cram in here :)

5b3f62266ad7b_1_11.jpg.a6795d01cf9478842f7d7ed79f41d9ec.jpg

4 minutes ago, sabato said:

They were probably thinking blimey there's all this room on the roof, why do we have to all cram in here :)

Oh you saw it also...

There's a new sheriff in town....

...so bus stops, assigned routes, no over crowding, no overcharging...

Next no bhat buses on baukow...  

popcorn-minion.gif.1d0a7ed3245e62c69d38b652f1c22068.gif

42 minutes ago, william77 said:

I’m the same ... I refused to stand on back of the baht bus ... Not taking the chances , what if the baht bus crash into the other car or the car crash into the back of the bahtbus. Potential fatal or serious injury . I always wave them on if there are full . 

4 minutes ago, jocky king said:

I’m the same ... I refused to stand on back of the baht bus ... Not taking the chances , what if the baht bus crash into the other car or the car crash into the back of the bahtbus. Potential fatal or serious injury . I always wave them on if there are full . 

Im with you! Better to be safe than sorry...

I stand in the back, usually, just to get the breeze, if I can't get a back seat.  Fookin' hot in Patts, sometimes.

3 hours ago, vimto66 said:

Only time i stand on the back of a baht bus is when theres genuinely no seats, i`ve seen lots of people standing on the back of one when theres only one or two people on it, those are just people who are trying to look cool though!:D

I always stand at the back not to look cool but to stay cool! I love the breeze especially on Beach Road.

Please remember to like and subscribe.

when the alarm goes off at 06 00 tomorrow i bet i will hear................... cher singing i got you babe

6 hours ago, sabato said:

Upcountry I’ve seen schoolboys on the roofs of buses.

If you can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

6 hours ago, misteregg said:

Lets file this one in the box together with, all cars stop for pedestrians on crossings at Walking St, no smoking in bars, crackdown on jetski scam, etc, etc, etc

I notice more and more people are stopping at the zebra crossings when the light is red.

There is still hope.

If you can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

5 hours ago, jocky king said:

Well, if the BB crash speeding down Thappraya Rd you'll be f*cked regardless and may even stand a better chance standing back

I hope this doesn't mean standing on the open door of the death valley railway, great experience.

Me no daft, me no silly, me wear condom on my Willy.

I'm betting this will end up like all the other recent prohibitions. Unenforced!

Archived