Jump to content
IGNORED

AIS 5.5 months - deactivated?


Jackie2013

Recommended Posts

Hi, 

 

My AIS sim was used last of february at the latest and I'll be back on the first of august again. Leaving the country I had not many bahts on it. 

Do you guys know if I need to get to a AIS Kiosk to re-activate it again? 

It's not that I desperately want to keep that number - it's more that I don't want to stand in the AIS queue at the airport, just for an activation and top up. The AIS Kiosk doesn't help me with the plan I'm interested in so I might as well just stroll to a Familymart to top-up and hit the plan I like. However, I'm scared to waste money topping up if the card is de-activated. 

 

Long story short...

When does my SIM get terminated :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unless you purposely extended it previously It's probably dead by now. Stick it in your phone and see (dial *121#).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You could call customer service using Skype or similar or login online but i think you need to be set up for roaming for that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Ru4Real said:

Unless you purposely extended it previously It's probably dead by now. Stick it in your phone and see (dial *121#).

In my experience, that only works when I am in Thailand and the AIS SIM is made active.  Just selected SIM 2 on mobile and got message "No service - Selected network (AIS) unavailable."

Tried to achieve it by activating roaming on TPG last year and got slugged for $500 as a deposit on the roaming.  That wasn't so bad for me as my internet/mobile bills have just finished chewing that up this month - but for someone a bit short - might be a different story.

Just saying.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A bit late for you now but I use the little orange boxes outside the convenience stores to extend validity on my AIS. Every 10 baht gives you one month extra, tho they charge 2 baht fee. You can extend upto 12 months. You can also go to AUS beach road, bottom level Central FEstival and extend. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Barhop said:

In my experience, that only works when I am in Thailand and the AIS SIM is made active.  Just selected SIM 2 on mobile and got message "No service - Selected network (AIS) unavailable."

Tried to achieve it by activating roaming on TPG last year and got slugged for $500 as a deposit on the roaming.  That wasn't so bad for me as my internet/mobile bills have just finished chewing that up this month - but for someone a bit short - might be a different story.

Just saying.

That's unfortunate. It's worked for me with every SIM whether it was DTAC, True or, as I have now, AIS:

01-ais.png        02-ais.png

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Ru4Real said:

That's unfortunate. It's worked for me with every SIM whether it was DTAC, True or, as I have now, AIS:

01-ais.png        02-ais.png

 

 

11 hours ago, Ru4Real said:
17 hours ago, Barhop said:

In my experience, that only works when I am in Thailand and the AIS SIM is made active.  Just selected SIM 2 on mobile and got message "No service - Selected network (AIS) unavailable."

Tried to achieve it by activating roaming on TPG last year and got slugged for $500 as a deposit on the roaming.  That wasn't so bad for me as my internet/mobile bills have just finished chewing that up this month - but for someone a bit short - might be a different story.

Just saying.

That's unfortunate. It's worked for me with every SIM whether it was DTAC, True or, as I have now, AIS:

Thanks for the screen shots that show it can be possible to check AIS balance and validity from Aussie.  Eye opening.  Have just had a play with mine again and turned on SIM slot 2 again.  With my moto g 3rd gen I have just made SIM2: AIS the "Preferred SIM for Calls".  Still get "Mobile network not available".  Opened icon top of screen and still get "No service - Selected network (AIS) unavailable".

Maybe it's the mobile itself - don't know - yet the appropriate settings are available and have tried them all...:unsure:  BTW my AIS on 24Jun18 (checked before I left last trip) was balance ฿ 705.23 valid until 18Jun19.  Maybe a nerdy type could throw some light on this contradiction.  See that yours uses 3G for AIS and 4G for Telstra.  Mine's an older phone and could be only 2G and 4G...guessing...Nah that's not it either - disabled slot 1 and made AIS slot 2 the only available SIM and still cannot get it active.  Not to worry - while it would be convenient - I can live without it...

On 7/2/2018 at 07:31, Jackie2013 said:

Hi, 

 

My AIS sim was used last of february at the latest and I'll be back on the first of august again. Leaving the country I had not many bahts on it. 

Do you guys know if I need to get to a AIS Kiosk to re-activate it again? 

It's not that I desperately want to keep that number - it's more that I don't want to stand in the AIS queue at the airport, just for an activation and top up. The AIS Kiosk doesn't help me with the plan I'm interested in so I might as well just stroll to a Familymart to top-up and hit the plan I like. However, I'm scared to waste money topping up if the card is de-activated. 

 

Long story short...

When does my SIM get terminated :D

I was in a similar position last year and emailed AIS and they were very helpful.  She said my validity would expire before my next trip and the card would be dead.  Later she asked if she could use some of my balance to extend it.  So yes please and my SIM was valid on my next arrival.  ALWAYS check this stuff before I leave Pattaya now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Ru4Real said:

That's unfortunate. It's worked for me with every SIM whether it was DTAC, True or, as I have now, AIS:

Just had a thought - do you have roaming enabled on AIS?  I always say no when I get the SMS invites.  After TPG slugged me $A500 deposit for roaming last year, I won't touch it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have roaming switched on for AIS but you need to ensure on the flight back you turn data off for that sim until you return.

 

My last trip when i arrived my AIS sim was dead even though i was sure it was valid for a few more months. The AIS desk couldn't explain so i just got a new one but it makes me wonder if there's an AIS scam going on taking balances

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Scuba+ said:

I have roaming switched on for AIS but you need to ensure on the flight back you turn data off for that sim until you return.

 

My last trip when i arrived my AIS sim was dead even though i was sure it was valid for a few more months. The AIS desk couldn't explain so i just got a new one but it makes me wonder if there's an AIS scam going on taking balances

Thanks but I will leave roaming turned off.  Maybe the roaming has something to do with your balance getting skimmed.  Will almost bet the house on my balance on arrival 02Aug18 being ฿ 705.23 - the same as it was on departure 25Jun18.  I have checked my balance every day on April and June trips and there has been nothing untoward.

Sure getting off thread, but in BKK, while waiting in the arrival line, I will phone *777*7155# which will give me 4mbps for the month for a cost of ฿ 481.5.  Worked this out on June trip as I got sick of WIFI dropping in and out while using laptop.  Simply connect mobile to laptop and activate tether in settings.  Will have to buy some data but will look at that on the laptop after I log into my AIS account in the room and look at the data options available.  Made sure my balance was enough to cover this before I left last week.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/3/2018 at 11:00, Scuba+ said:

I have roaming switched on for AIS but you need to ensure on the flight back you turn data off for that sim until you return.

 

My last trip when i arrived my AIS sim was dead even though i was sure it was valid for a few more months. The AIS desk couldn't explain so i just got a new one but it makes me wonder if there's an AIS scam going on taking balances

 

 

Just a thought - I currently have AIS and it looks like if you leave Thailand with a plan set, it will continue to take money from your account where you use data or not - until your money is gone.

Appears there might be a need to just change plans to PAYG Calls until you return to Thailand. So no calls no money taken?

Then again I may be wrong.

I tried getting info from a Family Mart but they weren't sure about it all and said to see the AIS shop in Central, which  I  will do.

Pattaya Time Line - Corona Virus Situation - (Updated 17 June 2022)

Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Zeb said:

Just a thought - I currently have AIS and it looks like if you leave Thailand with a plan set, it will continue to take money from your account where you use data or not - until your money is gone.

Appears there might be a need to just change plans to PAYG Calls until you return to Thailand. So no calls no money taken?

Then again I may be wrong.

I tried getting info from a Family Mart but they weren't sure about it all and said to see the AIS shop in Central, which  I  will do.

AIS have 2 different top up codes for a lot of plans. One just tops up for the month and then stops. The other keeps renewing until you run out of credit or you go into a store and get it stopped.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just a thought - I currently have AIS and it looks like if you leave Thailand with a plan set, it will continue to take money from your account where you use data or not - until your money is gone.
Appears there might be a need to just change plans to PAYG Calls until you return to Thailand. So no calls no money taken?
Then again I may be wrong.
I tried getting info from a Family Mart but they weren't sure about it all and said to see the AIS shop in Central, which  I  will do.
You're right that you need to cancel the package or it will keep taking your money out monthly. I'm sure i did this but its possible they kept charging anyway. Its worth once cancelled, calling AIS back and getting them to confirm or getting an AIS shop to check
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.



  • COVID-19

    Any posts or topics which the moderation team deems to be rumours/speculatiom, conspiracy theory, scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed - as will BMs repeatedly doing so. Existing rules also apply.

  • Advertise on Pattaya Addicts
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Our picks

    • For those that don't know, I did Friday meetings before many years ago,  I feel like we are missing a regular meeting for members,  I am aware guys meet at PA affiliated bars. But I want to start meeting people again, I'm inviting the guys following my YouTube also.

      The meetings is a chance to get to meet each other,  I plan to be at every meeting, I also have Dean from Dive bar that has offered to help out with a crawl after.
      The meetings will be  Monday  6 pm - 8 pm each week.  (The improvised bar crawl will commence at 8 p.m.  Dean will make his own plans for that.)

      Due to low numbers of people in town, I will start the meetings in our bars to help our girls and managers, please check back often incase things are changed.  I will be sharing the love around town later, but Soi 6 is first on my list (including bars that are friendly competition)   
      If bar owners want us to have a meeting at their bar,  they need to have a minimum of 10 girls.  I'm not dragging people to empty bars for favours.
      Please help us invite other members, it takes a while to get momentum.
      Monday 6 pm - 8pm  (then bar crawl after)
      21st March - Playpen Soi 6
      28th March - Night wish bar Soi 6
      4th April - Toy Box bar Soi 6
      11th April - Repent Soi 6
      18th April - where angels play Soi 6
      25th April -  (next bar we have open)

      2nd May - (next bar we have open)
      9th May - Cooters bar soi 6 
      16th May - Hot shots bar Soi 6
      23rd May - (next bar we have open)
      30th of May - Lust soi 6 
      6th of June - Illuzion
      13th of June - (next bar we have open)

      I look forward to meeting people again.
      • 117 replies
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.