IGNORED

Chonburi Immigration Launches Queuing App

Patts Luver

1300-n7-Chonburi.jpg

The Chonburi Immigration Office has launched the new “Chonburi Immigration on Mobile: Imm-Q” smartphone app to cut the time foreigners have to wait in line for service.

The Chonburi Immigration Office has launched a new smartphone app to cut the time foreigners have to wait in line for service.

E-PAPER1300.gifSuperintendent Pol. Col. Srongprode Sirisuka unveiled the new software June 22. The “Chonburi Immigration on Mobile: Imm-Q” app became available on both the Apple AppStore and Google Play store June 25.

The app has one function: To assign an appointment time to obtain a visa extension or new visa. Once users install the app and register, they simply choose the type of visa/extension they want – Tourist, Education, Marriage, Parent or Retirement – and an appointment time is assigned to bring all completed documents and forms to the Jomtien Beach office.

Notably missing from the types of visas facilities by the app is any sort of business or investment visa.

Srongprode said that since the Jomtien office is busy 99 percent of the time, the app can greatly speed up waiting times for foreigners.

Applicants are strongly advised to start the process 15 days prior to a visa’s expiration. For more information, call 1178 or 038-110-636.

Thanks for the information Patts luver on checking the apple app store “imm-Q” still not available despite it going live on 25th June?

I found it. Here's the Google Play link. An app targeted to westerners and the Play Store description is in Thai. Based on the one review posted, it doesn't look like it's worth the time to install.

"Set up an account and cant re- sign in..Does not recognise the password!!!!..The list goes on!!! Uninstalled in record time...Absoluctly nonsence!"

15 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

..Absoluctly nonsence!"

Somewhat like the online 90 day reporting, they could'nt organise a piss up in a brewery lol

56 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Somewhat like the online 90 day reporting, they could'nt organise a piss up in a brewery lol

In fairness, online 90 day reporting has been working for me the last couple of times I had to report.

My recent retirement extension took roughly 5 minutes: 2 minutes to obtain the queue number, which was the next in line, and all the rest of copy checking and payment done in 3 minutes with smiles. No need for any appointment app.

All they need  to do is put a webcam up in the Soi 5 Immigration office showing the number board and broadcast it on a website or app. This way when the wait is long we can go get breakfast or even go home for awhile and return when we see that they are getting close to our number. It would cost next to nothing and a child can install a webcam.

The wife and I were very happy for 20 years, then we met.

22 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

In fairness, online 90 day reporting has been working for me the last couple of times I had to report.

Works for some but not everyone, wonderful system ehh lol

If you could provide all docs online then you turn up and just get a stamp it would be worthwhile. I doubt I'll bother with the app

Archived