IGNORED

Hotel not responding to my guest/joiner policy emails

Queef_Sniffer

So I've been trying to contact The Gig hotel in Patong, Phuket; about their joiner policy.  I've sent 4 messages and have yet to hear a reply.  I will be staying in Phuket for a few nights in August, and still have the chance to cancel the reservation - however I want to be sure of their policy before I do.  

Anyone have any advice on how I can get this hotel to respond, or if anyone knows their policy for bringing a girl back to your room?  Would hate to bring my barfine back and be charged   __X__ baht to bring her upstairs. 

Thank you so much.

7 hours ago, Queef_Sniffer said:

So I've been trying to contact The Gig Hotel in Patong, Phuket; about their joiner policy.  I've sent 4 messages and have yet to hear a reply.  I will be staying in Phuket for a few nights in August, and still have the chance to cancel the reservation - however I want to be sure of their policy before I do.  

Anyone have any advice on how I can get this hotel to respond, or if anyone knows their policy for bringing a girl back to your room?  Would hate to bring my barfine back and be charged   __X__ baht to bring her upstairs. 

Thank you so much.

I was in Patong last month. Before I made the trip, I have done some research. It seems The Gig hotel is no longer girl friendly:

https://videos.lovepattayathailand.com/my-favourite-patong-hotel-was-not-guest-friendly-now/

I would just choose another hotel, rather than waste any more time sending emails that aren't answered

Thais are sometimes rubbish responding to emails, its not unusual, just phone them and ask

1 hour ago, Scuba+ said:

Thais are sometimes rubbish responding to emails, its not unusual, just phone them and ask

Get the name of who to talk to for when they try to hit you up for a joiner fee that goes into their pocket.

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

So I've been trying to contact The Gig Hotel in Patong, Phuket; about their joiner policy.  I've sent 4 messages and have yet to hear a reply.  I will be staying in Phuket for a few nights in August, and still have the chance to cancel the reservation - however I want to be sure of their policy before I do.  
Thank you so much.

Why don’t you just call them on phone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Living sober,clean and staying away from loose women doesn't make a man live any longer. It just fucking feels like it.

The only hotel I paid joiner for a single girl many many years ago was in the fucking Amari hotel and that cunt at the reception looked at me and my pretty BF as though were were lepers. I don’t know if rules are changed now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Living sober,clean and staying away from loose women doesn't make a man live any longer. It just fucking feels like it.

So I've been trying to contact The Gig Hotel in Patong, Phuket; about their joiner policy.  I've sent 4 messages and have yet to hear a reply. 

I stayed there in 2016 and at the time they were guest friendly.
Like you, I emailed an enquiry before booking to check their policy, I think it took them a good week to reply.

No longer stay there as I read on the board here that they are no longer guest friendly.

Nice hotel though...

After waiting over a week with 4+ emails sent and no reply, I cancelled my reservation.  I now made reservations at the Acca Patong.  According to multiple "girl friendly" sites, it's a good place that's close to Bangla and appears to have decent to nice rooms.  I got a junior suite there (for a great and better price), I hope the decision was for the best. 

Thanks to everyone for their feedback.

I stayed in Acca last year and found it average. It wasn't terrible but I would rather try other hotels in the area than stay there again.

The deluxe room was spacious but it was mostly wasted space. Furnishings a bit weird, lighting a bit weird, bathroom not great, cleaning/condition not the best. Staff not the nicest and they didn't want to honour late checkout included in the booking, though they did help me with an issue I had when I checked out.

The folder in the room mentions charging 500b for each additional guest. It's not clear whether that's meant to be for every single joiner or only for each one above the number of occupants you booked for.

Other people have said it doesn't apply during low season and the hotel never tried to charge a joiner fee during my low season stay. But still something to be generally aware of.

• 3 months later...

Hi.  Any recommendations for a hotel that...

... would be a nice place to hang by the pool or hotel bar in the early/late afternoon?

... have a fair/decent gym (treadmill, weights, machines)?

... doesn't have to be close to the beach, but should be a safe walk back from Bangla?

Archived