IGNORED

Bangkok to Maldives

TOPCHEF

I  am thinking of taking a trip with my TG to the Maldives traveling from Bangkok 

Is this do -able and is there any particular resort that can be recommended. 

Can this be booked on a Travel website ?

I believe my TG will not require a visa. Has anyone done this before ? What costs can be expected ?

I believe Bangkok Airways fly daily to MLE, an A319 or A320 IIRC, and perhaps some packages too ?

No idea about cost, try Skyscanner (?), but I suspect Sri Lankan via CBO might well be cheaper.

I have looked at this before , unless you are into diving the Maldives can be a bit boring its beach and sea . Ended up going to Sri Lanka with TG she loved it went down south . Visited Galle and many beach places cheap seafood good beer Lion lots of stuff going on . Flights pretty cheap to Colombo on Skyscanner lot cheaper than to Male . hotels of all prices and standards . But I have been to Sri Lanka many times before cheaper and poorer than Thailand , Maldives is a privileged money resort , which is why Thai girls want to go to show off on FB.

airasia is about half the price of Bangkok air and anything else I've seen.  you don't need to get a visa before you go, you can get it when you land.  

you probably want to research yourself about which resort to stay at since there are a ton and they have different things to offer.  the over-the-water villas are really expensive per night (B20,000 and up).  it's much cheaper to stay at the same resort but in a beach bungalow.  it's also much cheaper to stay on one of the bigger islands rather than an all-inclusive single island resort, but hey, that's one of the reasons to go. 

everything is expensive compared to Thailand since it has to be flown in from india or dubai.  it will be cheaper to pay the all-inclusive fee surcharge on an island compared to paying for each individual meal. 

Archived