IGNORED

safe taxi to pattaya

tobeornottobe

Need a recommendation for a safe tax ride from the airport to pattaya. Ive used MR T in my past 5 trips but some of his drivers drive like they are hans solo in the millennium falcon , just too god damn fast

Nams taxi. Ive ditched mr T for the exact same reasons. I value my life having 2 young children at home

Many find their way to Mr. T and are delighted to find an English-speaking service, not knowing that he is merely a taxi broker with a phone and a phone list of taxi drivers.

He likely has no control of what kind of driver is next on his phone list.

As is often the case here, everything goes along great .. until it doesn't .. then, you are on a highway in the middle of the night, in a foreign country where you speak no Thai, a phone that is useless, no where to get out, in the back of a taxi driven by a suicide monkey who inexplicably turns defiant and speeds up when you politely ask him to slow down.

That is how problems often arise in Thailand .. exciting stuff.

The solution, men .. the absolute 100% solution .. women-owned taxis .. 

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

I've used Tans Taxis on each of my 5 trips. Never let me down, female drivers that aren't attempting lap records.

Highly recommended!

www.tanstaxi.com

Been to Pattaya twice now and used Nams taxi both times. Efficient and safe very pleased with them. The last time I arrived the driver insisted on buying me a bottle of water before we set off, and waited for me to have a cigarette. Good drivers who seem to know all the short cuts.

In May/June I used http://namstaxipattaya.com three times, twice from Pattaya to Suvarnabhumi airport and once from the airport to Pattaya. Very happy with the service and driving standard; I will continue my patronage next trip.

All-up fare was 1200 bahts. As tip I gave 100 or 200 bahts. Cars were Toyota Corolla, Fortuna SUV, Camry. All clean and in good condition.

One trip from the airport to Pattaya the BellBus timetable was convenient. 250 bahts to Pattaya bus station, switch to minibus (check baggage is transferred correctly) and to the door of my hotel. Two hours.  http://www.belltravelservice.com

Last couple of Mr T drivers I've had haven't displayed the usual kamikaze driving style at all, maybe company policy has changed.

Did actually get a female driver on one of these occasions, driving an automatic, she seemed a bit hesitant and passive though, on the brakes a lot, maybe some degree of aggression is needed on Thai roads without obviously trying to break the sound barrier.

Have used Nam 3 times and all those were perfect. Once for both ways and once only from Suva to Patts because for return trip my friend had booked a "good driver" he always uses (same friend that recommended the Eastiny Inn as a good hotel...). I should have guessed after the hotel that the ride would be as good... It was regular mid size Toyota meter taxi, costed 1300 baht, used only a small part of the toll way and stopped mid way to fill the gas tank (10 mins without AC in the car...). The driver was constantly checking the phone, almost crashed twice and drove like a maniac while switching lanes etc. 

So I got two trips with the price of one, my first and last with these regular taxis. Also Nam (and maybe some other lady drivers) just got one customer that wont take any other taxis anymore since I give more value for safe trip than wannabe F1 driver that is phone addict...

:Flying:4th trip - "The Afterwork" is finally happening in May :Cheers9:

I've used Mr T Taxi many times and have never had a problem.  My next trip will be in December and will pay more attenion to how fast the driver drives between the airport and BKK.

I actually don't mind if he taxi driver does drive a little fast because it gets me to fun city that much quicker.  And let the fun begin:D

And even though I don't like going the airport at the end of my trip.  I don't mind getting there a little on the quick side because it allows me more time to get something to eat and have have a beer or two

I can quite honestly say I,ve never been in a taxi or plane that has crashed yet,Mr T or otherwise......safe taxi to Pattaya,do they exist with the maniacs on the roads here......no....life,s a lottery enjoy its ups and downs :Oops5:

I originally used Mr T, but stopped for the above reasons. I now use Meeow Taxis 0859344475. 100% reliable and pride themselves in making the passenger comfortable. I did once get a Thai boy racer from Meeow - I phoned her to complain and she was great - apologized and promised me it wouldn't happen again - it hasn't. Yes Meeow taxis for me. 

Here's a vote for Nam's Taxi Service.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and called me honey.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and took my money.

• 1 month later...

Should try using bell bus or better still airport bus to pattaya , buy ticket at counter for 120 bahts , depart every hour till 20:00hrs gets to pattaya more or less the same time but you feel more safe with fellow passengers if the timing suits your arrival time .

• 1 month later...

i've heard so many story's abuot some of Mr T drivers being maniac's therefor i always used to use Tann's Taxi's which i can highly recomend, next time though i am thinking of using the Bell bus service which i know several people that have used it and said how good it is.

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 03:26, dogsbolox said:

i've heard so many story's abuot some of Mr T drivers being maniac's

One of the many reasons I stopped using him. Stopping for fuel 2 out of 3 times many times over is an other reason for me.

Now it has been Nam's service for the past few years.

LeoTe

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

On 6/27/2018 at 15:57, thinkingallowed said:

http://www.pattaya-taxiservice.com/service rate.html

Female ran company with safe drivers, in my experience (over ten trips) for 1100 baht inclusive.

I have been using her service for a few years now and I have not been disappointment.  The drivers have  been safe and we never had to stop for gas.  I am surprised that more people don't use her service as her rates are great IMHO. 

Archived