IGNORED

Heathrow 3rd Runway

Rainsberger

7 hours ago, gmingot said:

Agree, it should improve though when cross-rail opens. But at what cost? I hope its not the stupid prices like the Heathrow Express.

As a word of advice to those who may not be famiilar. If taking the train from LHR to Paddington, take the "Heathrow Connect" service rather than Heathrow Express, it makes four or five stops along the way but is much cheaper. The ticket 'touts' just beyond customs and at the ticket office will not tell you this

For 3 or more people it's cheaper to get a taxi (to anywhere central) London than the Heathrow express

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

On 30/06/2018 at 06:26, Shaksey said:

It was who proposed it and led the bid that made me think it was a viable option!

It was Dr. Jock Lowe.....

British Airways Chief Pilot 1991-1996
British Airways Concorde Commercial Manager 1996-1999
British Airways Chief Concorde Pilot 1989-1991
British Airways Concorde Captain 1989-2001
British Airways Concorde Pilot 1975-2001

and just what the fuck do pilots know about airport management and infrastructure and I am one.  Jock Lowe is a nice chap and no doubt a more than competent pilot, but that doesn't make him, or any of us who have sat 'up front' for a few years, into aviation experts.  And to top it all, he was a BA company man through and through, so hardly independant

On 29/06/2018 at 20:47, gmingot said:

Agree, it should improve though when cross-rail opens. But at what cost? I hope its not the stupid prices like the Heathrow Express.

As a word of advice to those who may not be famiilar. If taking the train from LHR to Paddington, take the "Heathrow Connect" service rather than Heathrow Express, it makes four or five stops along the way but is much cheaper. The ticket 'touts' just beyond customs and at the ticket office will not tell you this

I remembered reading this so did a brief survey just now as I was bored (i work here) and nobody i asked were offered a “connect” ticket.Its called something else now.Its 6 stops but the ticket is £10.80 instead of the £22+ of the express.Asked 5 people and they all said they would of preffered it.Think its only an extra 20 minutes.

Archived