IGNORED

Review _ Maytara Hotel and Spa

electoff

I have just returned from another  adventure to adult Disneyland.

I stayed at Maytara for 10 nights.

I stayed in a room on the bottom floor or floor 1 if you prefer. 

The room opened out to the pool.  This was very convenient and was nice to sit out near the pool thinking of the former days activities.

The bed was very large and was very comfortable.

I must admit I was a bit shocked when I first entered the room I  noticed that  the furniture does look a little dated.

There was no difficulty getting hot water.  In previous trips at different hotels that has been an issue for me.  

The maid service was great.  The room was normally done within 30 minutes of putting out "the please clean my room sign."  

There was an onsite massage place at the hotel.  I used it twice.  No extras provided or at least there were none offered to me. Very good massage.

There is a 24 hour cafe that faces Second Road.  It seems very popular although I did not eat there.  

ON arrival you will see a sign that states there is a 500 baht joiner fee.  There is not.  I was never charged a single baht and this was the case even though twice I had the pleasure of having 2 girls (at once) visit me for Australian-Thai diplomatic relations.   From my observations only (that is my story and I am sticking to it) there was no issue with whoever you wanted to bring back to your room

As a by note I returned one night and saw too very large rats running around outside my room. My room was adjacent to the kitchen.  I am petrified of rats so waited in reception for an hour or so until they ran away.  The staff thought it was absolutely hilarious. 

Location is absolutely perfect.  5 minute walk to LK Metro, 5 minute walk to Beach Road and it is on a baht bus route.

Booked through Agoda for 1496 baht per night. I understand the rooms on the higher levels are cheaper.

The staff were very friendly without exception. 

I would highly recommend this motel.

Stayed in one of the poolside rooms about 3 years ago, they're great for just falling into the pool to wake you up in the morning or for a bit of fun with your teerak late at night

There’s a plumpy girl at the spa, call her to the room she’s do the extra’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Living sober,clean and staying away from loose women doesn't make a man live any longer. It just fucking feels like it.

• 2 weeks later...

I was there couple of months ago and didnt see any rats but my room was on the upper floor.

I found the hotel to be pretty good but in that price range i liked more  247 on soi honey.

5 hours ago, buck011 said:

I was there couple of months ago and didnt see any rats but my room was on the upper floor.

I found the hotel to be pretty good but in that price range i liked more  247 on soi honey.

247...good choice.

On 6/25/2018 at 14:11, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Rats outside the loom....errrrr.....think I may pass on this hotel.

Have  to say that i never saw any rats during my stay there although they did have a couple of ( seemingly very lazy ) resident cats. For security reasons i would never choose to stay on the ground floor of any hotel but that's my personal choice.

And before anyone else says it i suspect that you're never more than a few feet away from a rat in Pattaya ( of both the human and rodent variety)!

• 1 month later...

Have stayed there a few times and just booked my next stay there for Feb 19. Only fault for Maytara is the weak wi-fi, everything else is pretty faultless at Maytara, comfy beds,great shower, great location and great staff. Can’t wait for my next Maytara adventure. 

• 7 months later...
On 25/06/2018 at 09:11, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Rats outside the loom....errrrr.....think I may pass on this hotel.

There are rats in the alley in my neighbourhood... some of the houses are worth 1/2 a Million bucks.

Roaches and Bed Bugs are a pass for me, rats outside - pretty normal city living along with raccoons and skunks (where I live anyway). 

I see this hotel at $41 CDN/night on Expedia so I think I might pull the trigger on this hotel.  Seems perfectly placed around 2nd Road/ Soi Honey/LK Metro area, close to 2nd Road and Beach Road not a far off stroll.  Also malls, restaurants and shopping are close. 

2 hours ago, Gibsons1 said:

I see this hotel at $41 CDN/night on Expedia so I think I might pull the trigger on this hotel.  Seems perfectly placed around 2nd Road/ Soi Honey/LK Metro area, close to 2nd Road and Beach Road not a far off stroll.  Also malls, restaurants and shopping are close. 

In terms of location i found it near perfect. According to google $41 CDN works out at around 1000 baht per night. If so that is an extremely competitive price for this hotel. The only reason i haven't returned was because of the lousy wifi. If an internet connection is important to you you will need to take out some sort of data package or consider another hotel

Stayed there last year cannot fault the place location is very good and the poolside rooms are excellent.

2 hours ago, Madzar said:

Stayed there last year cannot fault the place location is very good and the poolside rooms are excellent.

Steps away from water

20190304_193712.jpg

5 hours ago, neilri2001 said:

In terms of location i found it near perfect. According to google $41 CDN works out at around 1000 baht per night. If so that is an extremely competitive price for this hotel. The only reason i haven't returned was because of the lousy wifi. If an internet connection is important to you you will need to take out some sort of data package or consider another hotel

I get 4 gb of data usually, for 2 weeks now, I'll probably get 8 gb.

WiFi is necessary, I've had spotty before but if they have wired for my laptop, I'll take that too.

It's only for the first 3 days of my trip and for $41 CDN, I can live with it if the WiFi situation isn't optimal. 

I stayed there in January 2019 for 5 days. My impressions:

- there is indeed a sign at the front desk saying that a joiner fee of 500 baht applies. I am more of a ST guy (soi 6), never brought one back. OP reports that he was never charged a joiner fee. But if that is so, then WHY THE FUCK IS THAT SIGN THERE??? Hoping that a weaker willed guest will pay out of his own accord? Some dirty games being played by Maytara there. 

- furniture had a "dated design" look to, but it is by design. Personally, I think it had character and didn't mind. 

- rooms were big (for the price point) and clean

- rooms were a bit noisy for my taste. There is a open air restaurant right beside it. Often, you can hear them clear or set tables. Not super loud, but just enough to be annoying. 

1 hour ago, wadman said:

- there is indeed a sign at the front desk saying that a joiner fee of 500 baht applies. I am more of a ST guy (Soi 6), never brought one back. OP reports that he was never charged a joiner fee. But if that is so, then WHY THE FUCK IS THAT SIGN THERE??? Hoping that a weaker willed guest will pay out of his own accord? Some dirty games being played by Maytara there. 

- furniture had a "dated design" look to, but it is by design. Personally, I think it had character and didn't mind. 

- rooms were a bit noisy for my taste. There is a open air restaurant right beside it. Often, you can hear them clear or set tables. Not super loud, but just enough to be annoying. 

I always book for "2" adults.  I'm only 1 so I can't see them charging a joiner fee.  3 adults, then I'm sure they would.

12 hours ago, Gibsons1 said:

There are rats in the alley in my neighbourhood... some of the houses are worth 1/2 a Million bucks.

Roaches and Bed Bugs are a pass for me, rats outside - pretty normal city living along with raccoons and skunks (where I live anyway). 

I have stayed here about 25 times...the staff are GREAT, the restaurant is way better than KISS or others around and the rates are usually the same as dynasty and it is super guest friendly.  The housekeepers all speak English and are fantastic.  Nice SPlash pool as well.

1 hour ago, wadman said:

- there is indeed a sign at the front desk saying that a joiner fee of 500 baht applies. I am more of a ST guy (Soi 6), never brought one back. OP reports that he was never charged a joiner fee. But if that is so, then WHY THE FUCK IS THAT SIGN THERE??? Hoping that a weaker willed guest will pay out of his own accord? Some dirty games being played by Maytara there. 

1 hour ago, wadman said:

Generally most hotels have a similar sign posted...it allows them to enforce if needed...like if a super drunk or rowdy joiner is there it may be a distraction and allow them to deny or charge or both.  Or if you are an Ahole maybe they will charge you...I have NEVER had a problem with over 100 friends visiting me there

The only negative in my opinion, which has been previously mentioned, is the Wifi...I have an international phone plan so that isn't a deal breaker for me...but it sucks when you need to use a laptop or tablet...usually the lobby has decent connection but it can be annoying.  

The ONLY reason I don't stay here as much any more is that they do not have refundable reservations (started maybe 8 months ago) at least if you book on Expedia.  My plans change quite a bit so unless I am sure I will be there...I don't take the risk.  Maybe on hotels or Agoda they still allow free cancellations...but I doubt it.  As far as cost (1000-1400 baht usually) location and comfort/cleanliness….not sure of better options.  there are better places for sure, but you will pay dearly for it.

I believe the joiner fee is if you take more than one girl back with you.

Many hotels do this and they do it more to discourage you from doing it since the risk of there being a problem is greater with 2 girls than there is with one.

I have stayed at Maytara several times.   Never once been charged a joiner fee and I wouldn't pay it even if they tried to charge it.

The rooms are very spacious and clean but it is starting to show wear.

Rats are part of the Thailand experience and you see them everywhere but they don't want anything to do with you.

I have 2 issues with Maytara.  

1 The wifi is garbage there.  I solve that problem by having a Thai phone with data on it but it would be nice to have a good strong wifi signal all the time.  Not sure why it's so bad as they seem to have pretty good coverage but it has never worked right from the time they have opened and it has never been addressed.

2.  The other issue is I brought a girl there and she stayed the night.  She left her id at the front desk as is required by the hotel and I am fine with that

The next morning when she goes to leave I walk her out like I do with all my guests and they can't find her id.   I can only assume they gave it to someone else but in any case I was very pissed that they lost her id.   She actually took it pretty well.  

The rest of the trip which was only 2 more nights I told them the girl i was with would not be leaving her id with them and they allowed it.

I have not been back since.

To bad as it's a pretty good location and a nice place to stay

30 minutes ago, The Danimal said:

Generally most hotels have a similar sign posted...it allows them to enforce if needed...like if a super drunk or rowdy joiner is there it may be a distraction and allow them to deny or charge or both.  Or if you are an Ahole maybe they will charge you...I have NEVER had a problem with over 100 friends visiting me there

Disagree. In pattaya, i have stayed at bay breeze, scenery, H boutique, honey inn, 247, Harry's place (guesthouse), Inn house, new nikom court, the moonlight place, dynasty inn. And quite possibly a few more that I forgot to mention. This is the first time I have seen a "joiner fee 500 baht" sign posted, out of all those hotels

As a separate anecdote: I stayed at scenery hotel once, took a gogo girl back ST. Afterwards, I walked her downstairs and out. When she went to pick up her ID (it was at a small table beside reception, manned by guy), the guy said something to her in Thai. It was done in a casual way, I didn't think anything of it. Outside, the girl tells me that the guy/guard told her that it's 200 baht to get her ID back. She didn't pay, stood her ground, got her ID back anyway, as i said nothing unusual ensued. It does make me wonder what would have happened if i wasn't there, would she have had to pay up. 

The scenery hotel has a lot of negative reviews on Agoda, and generally speaking i agree with them. Not staying there again, even though they are cheaper than surrounding hotels

2 minutes ago, wadman said:

Disagree. In pattaya, i have stayed at Bay Breeze, scenery, H Boutique, Honey Inn, 247 Boutique, Harry's place (guesthouse), Inn House, new nikom court, the moonlight place, Dynasty Inn. And quite possibly a few more that I forgot to mention. This is the first time I have seen a "joiner fee 500 baht" sign posted, out of all those hotels

As a separate anecdote: I stayed at scenery hotel once, took a gogo girl back ST. Afterwards, I walked her downstairs and out. When she went to pick up her ID (it was at a small table beside reception, manned by guy), the guy said something to her in Thai. It was done in a casual way, I didn't think anything of it. Outside, the girl tells me that the guy/guard told her that it's 200 baht to get her ID back. She didn't pay, stood her ground, got her ID back anyway, as i said nothing unusual ensued. It does make me wonder what would have happened if i wasn't there, would she have had to pay up. 

The scenery hotel has a lot of negative reviews on Agoda, and generally speaking i agree with them. Not staying there again, even though they are cheaper than surrounding hotels

So you are upset at the sign? Even though I have never seen it observed/enforced there?  Many may not have a sign posted, but it is on their site, R&R, somewhere...many do not have it as well.  

So the WiFi is bad, do they have an Ethernet option?

ethernet-plug-macbookpro.jpg

47 minutes ago, Gibsons1 said:

So the WiFi is bad, do they have an Ethernet option?

ethernet-plug-macbookpro.jpg

I have never specifically looked but I am guessing that they probably don't have a wired connection there.

They opened in 2012  so I doubt it was included.  They won't spend the money to make the wireless work properly and would always blame the problem on their third party network administrator.  

I was gonna suggest you email them and ask but their website appears to be down at the moment LOL

You could try sending them a message through Agoda, they might respond.

Sounds like it is important to you so probably good to know going in

Ok 3 things... wifi was not that bad it worked well for me (ground floor) and i never had an issue streaming music or using social media.

The joiner fee was non existant i never got charged and always made sure reception took ids of girls.

I did witness rats(big mf's) at night hence the reason i did not use the 24hr restaurant as the door to the kitchen was constantly open.

This is based on my june 2018 experience 

On 23/03/2019 at 22:02, wadman said:

Damn. I have 4 days prepaid there. hotels.com had "cleaned" the page when I booked but now I see some negative reviews, one mentions a joiner fee even.

Stayed there 2 years ago.Very pleased with it.Good helpful staff and the

restaurant was good as well.

• 2 months later...

The wifi here is worse than useless. The network doesn't even give my devices IP-addresses so something fundamental is fucked up here.

The crew is tired, so tired, the restaurant crew did ladyboy massage cat calling sounds when I entered to check in for some reason. Not really professional.

Archived