IGNORED

Avenue Residence Condo - Shortcut through to second road?

Mr_wimpy

If you were staying in the Avenue condos on Soi 15 (is it called Soi 15 or Buakhaow 15 not sure), or in any of the other condos on that soi for that matter.

Is there a cut through / short cut from the soi through to second road.  Or do you have to walk along to soi Diana?

Thanks

I asked a while ago and was told you can get through at the side of the Avenue shopping complex. I believe it’s to the left of the shops as you look from Second Rd.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

39 minutes ago, davidge said:

I asked a while ago and was told you can get through at the side of the Avenue shopping complex. I believe it’s to the left of the shops as you look from Second Rd.

Thanks for that.

Wouldn't happen to know if that's 24hrs or just when the Avenue complex is open?

2 minutes ago, Mr_wimpy said:

Thanks for that.

Wouldn't happen to know if that's 24hrs or just when the Avenue complex is open?

The Avenue is an open air shopping center....not an enclosed mall.  So it's open 24/7/365.  There are no doors to close so you can walk through it anytime.

Come out of Avenue Residence. Turn right, walk for 3 minutes. You arrive at the back of the Avenue shopping centre. Walk through it, it is open 24 hours, to 2nd road.

Or...

Turn left out of Avenue Residence. Walk along Soi 15, past the other condos. 5 minutes later you arrive at 2nd road.

14 minutes ago, vivid said:

The Avenue is an open air shopping center....not an enclosed mall.  So it's open 24/7/365.  There are no doors to close so you can walk through it anytime.

3 minutes ago, imitebee said:

Come out of Avenue Residence. Turn right, walk for 3 minutes. You arrive at the back of the Avenue shopping centre. Walk through it, it is open 24 hours, to 2nd road.

Or...

Turn left out of Avenue Residence. Walk along Soi 15, past the other condos. 5 minutes later you arrive at 2nd road.

Thanks.  Wasn't sure if they pulled a gate or something shut to stop people walking through it in the early hours.

Makes those Condos and hotels quite an attractive option with that in mind.

avenue.jpg

DDF28BAC-1EFA-462D-AFAF-73EA2302A83B.thumb.jpeg.6caf482e5aec58b07436389f31a87d1e.jpeg

I think you could even push a scooter through following my red line.

Coming out at that Oishi sign to the right of your pic - if you scan around slightly.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

That red line is the entrance and exit route for the car park. Yes, you can drive in from Soi 15, taking a ticket, and depart on 2nd road showing the same ticket for no fee, providing you haven't stopped. Or do the reverse. The walking route is through the centre, where the blue word Avenue is in the photo

That red line is the entrance and exit route for the car park. Yes, you can drive in from soi 15, taking a ticket, and depart on 2nd road showing the same ticket for no fee, providing you haven't stopped. Or do the reverse. The walking route is through the centre, where the blue word Avenue is in the photo
You don't need a ticket for a motorbike, i go through there all the time

I thought that as I hit send....motorbikes dodge around the barriers taking pedestrians by surprise :)

Cars need tickets, but no charge if straight in and out.

It is possible to walk in a more or less straight line from the start of davidge's red line to the end of it, passing under and through the shopping centre.  There are no gates and it's open 24h.  I walked it many times on my last trip.  Starting at Soi 15, look for So's Place restaurant near the corner, and go in and under the shopping centre directly opposite that.

6 hours ago, vivid said:

lets take a photo walk from 07 15 this morning second rd.......................

5b2d9e22d707b_23june028(Custom).JPG.bc9897868a1733a1533ae901552e858e.JPGjust simply keep going it's open 24 hrs/365

5b2d9e66d637d_23june029(Custom).JPG.307829807689adb0b993673db33c259c.JPG

not far now

5b2d9e84545a6_23june030(Custom).JPG.3fd4244ca11d30fc6320a98198e505fb.JPG

bingo. that was easy. now at Soi 15.

So's place has the blue sign, travelodge in the background.

and looking back........................

5b2d9edae9ea2_23june031(Custom).JPG.362f9875f281fa043b6262e021f3139b.JPG

simply reverse the route

and the motorcy red line route from Soi 15 is via here............

5b2d9f3ad9699_23june032(Custom).JPG.58288a602d569a4aa19b08a2d9d9645b.JPG

One other short cut is a short Soi just next to the 7/11 at the back of the Avenue. Follow that for 200 yards and it brings you to Soi Diana, about half way up. Quick way to get to LK Metro.

8 hours ago, chris2004 said:

One other short cut is a short Soi just next to the 7/11 at the back of the Avenue. Follow that for 200 yards and it brings you to Soi Diana, about half way up. Quick way to get to LK Metro.

Also possible to exit via the Centra hotel and come out opposite Craft Cottage

5b2e3821b1e3d_Centra1.JPG.6a90c8dcf24dda9b4bedbc04a2d7cdab.JPG

And turning 180°

5b2e38440ed40_Centra2.JPG.43853afcec0f1f5d4c7723e03d0f3f21.JPG

Archived