Pattaya Live Streams >> Tulip Girls Link Tree | Pattaya Girls Live Facebook | Pattaya Girls Tulip Villa | Nightwish Girls Payment Portal |

IGNORED

Refundable airline tickets?

Jackie2013

Hi, 

I'm doing my first 10 month trip to Asia and I'm very excited about it. Most of my time will be spent in Thailand and I've secured a visa for the first 60 days and will extend it locally for another 30. 

However, I've just confirmed with my airline that when checking in I need to show an airline ticket saying that i'm leaving in <90 days, otherwise they will not allow me to board. They say it's an Thai Immigration rule that is upheld more strongly now than perhaps before. 

I will fly to another country but I don't want to book it 3 months in advance, as I'm not sure of the lenght or even the place. 

So - do you guys know of any airlines that offer fully refundable tickets Bangkok -> 'somewhere' that I could purchase a day or two before I'm leaving, and cancel a day or two after arriving. ? 

While I do not know of any off of the top of my head, I would assume there are a multitude of fully refundable tickets or tickets that are refundable for a fee.

The other option is to buy a cheap, one-way "throw-away" ticket.  Looking about 3 or 4 months out on Kayak, Thai Smile has a flight from BKK-REP (Siem Reap) for $48 USD (about 1500 baht) one way.

Frankly, the fee to refund a ticket may cost more than the cheap Thai Smile ticket.

Korean Air.

You pay a lot more, but you can refund the ticket "without" additional charges.

2. Select Fare

This is a list of available fares based on the selected flight.
Choose a fare type and confirm the details.

• Available
  • Not Available
  • Additional Charges
Fare Details
Fare Type Depart Change Return Change Refund SKYPASS Upgrade SKYPASS Mileage Credit Fare Rule Details
THB 20,915.00
Additional Charges Additional Charges Additional Charges Not Available 100% Fare Conditions
THB 22,165.00
Additional Charges Additional Charges Additional Charges Not Available 100% Fare Conditions
THB 27,165.00
Additional Charges Additional Charges Additional Charges Available 100% Fare Conditions
THB 31,665.00
Additional Charges Additional Charges Additional Charges Available 100% Fare Conditions
THB 37,665.00
Available Available Available Available 100% Fare Conditions

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

https://12go.asia/en

Buy a bus ticket out. The airline just wants to ensure they don't have to pay to return you. Proof of onward travel is then provided.

If it floats, flies or fucks, RENT IT!!!!! "He who hesitates, masturbates"

Buy an airline ticket that allows you to stay longer than 90 days but schedule your return before 90 days. Once in Thailand, reschedule your return flight.

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

I have only flown into LOS from UK and Singapore and Malaysia and Vietnam and AUS and long time past Burma.

Sometimes one way sometimes return  but return always way outside 90 days.

If I am relying on visa exemption I sweat it and arrive in sufficient time to book an airasia cheapo.

If I have purchased a visa as you have I will face them down at the airport.

Now I have never been questioned.

Guess you are flying from Sweden, suggest you go the "get your manager" "this is my visa stamp" "who do you think I am" route.

Thai immigration officers will not give a f*** unless you really try to push it through them.

9 minutes ago, simon46 said:

Guess you are flying from Sweden, suggest you go the "get your manager" "this is my visa stamp" "who do you think I am" route

To which the manager will say "I think you're the guy not boarding your flight unless you can show proof of onward travel before your visa expires as we are not willing to take the very very slight chance that Somchai will refuse you entry" :D

Based on the info supplied that his airline has confirmed proof of onward travel is required.

6 hours ago, Luv2Phuket said:

While I do not know of any off of the top of my head, I would assume there are a multitude of fully refundable tickets or tickets that are refundable for a fee.

The other option is to buy a cheap, one-way "throw-away" ticket.  Looking about 3 or 4 months out on Kayak, Thai Smile has a flight from BKK-REP (Siem Reap) for $48 USD (about 1500 baht) one way.

Frankly, the fee to refund a ticket may cost more than the cheap Thai Smile ticket.

This option sounds like the simplest and most sensible. $48 USD seems a very small price to pay to ensure no hassle with the original airline. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Some great advice here, thanks! :) I'll probably buy a cheap one-way ticket (or train ticket?) out of the country. Just wanted to check if there was any airline on top of your minds that were fully refundable. 

Archived