IGNORED

Who’s Going To Win The World Soccer Cup

WalterA

Since January, Was always Belgium for me for its talent squad ...  but now after seeing Croatia tonight , they have a good chance of getting into the semi final . Belgium Vs Croatia final or semi final would be a cracker for all of us to see . 

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Taptap said:

Was Messi playing today? Could not place him on the ground.

Played the full 90 minutes.

8 hours ago, Tripp said:

I can honestly say that I don't give a fuck.  It's an intensly boring game played by over payed jessies.  I see that they now publish the 'dive of the day',  that says it all !  

theres more chance of hell freezing over than england winning,our national sport and a great game destroyed by greed.

8 hours ago, vimto66 said:

Some of the play acting/cheating is laughable and rightly brings a lot of ridicule on the sport, but players will do it if they can getaway with it to gain advantage, its up to those in authority (in this case corrupt rotten to the core FIFA) to sort it out once and for all!

fifa?  that mob who gave the next world cup to qatar that great footballing nation.

2 minutes ago, everard said:

fifa?  that mob who gave the next world cup to qatar that great footballing nation.

Thats one example!

How the shite going on in this video dosent end up with people being banned from the game befuddles me.

10 Reasons I cant be arsed -

Well....Russia and the whole process to award it to them was are/was completely corrupt, their doping test system was completely corrupt...maybe they'll even find a way to corruptly win the whole thing 555.

17 hours ago, WalterA said:

Except for GoGo Dancing and Poker, I have very little interest in sports. That said, I am a little interested in the World Cup.

Who‘s gonna win, definitely not Australia! Germany? Brazil? UK? Russians?

Maybe the Germans?

WTF is the “ world soccer cup “ Walt ?, it’s called football mate ! 

Maybe too early in the tournament to tell but of the big guns who are misfiring the French seem to be able to win ugly so maybe them. Very talented team! 

Would love if a team like Belgium won though.

As long it is NOT the synchronised diving teams from Portugal or France, I will be happy...

5 hours ago, everard said:

theres more chance of hell freezing over than england winning,our national sport and a great game destroyed by greed.

Now that I do agree with.

19 minutes ago, Balamory said:

I thought real football, played by real men, to a set of conditions/rules/financial laws that make sense,  is NFL in the US ? :) 

14 minutes ago, Tripp said:

I thought real football, played by real men, to a set of conditions/rules/financial laws that make sense,  is NFL in the US ? :) 

Are those the guys who wear full body armour and a crash helmet ? 

12 minutes ago, Balamory said:

Are those the guys who wear full body armour and a crash helmet ? 

That old chestnut again.

Otherwise many more of them would die. It's  a full contact sport, played at full speed, by Olympic style athletes (at least the ones away from the line of scrimmage). in other words a Gladatorial sport, a sport of real men, not jessies who fall over when anyone comes within a yard of them, screaming for their Mummy and clutching at their apparently broken leg.

I wonder how many soccer players would give up a whole year's salary to their charitable foundation, including their Championship  bonus, running to many millions of dollars ?  Chris Long did last year. I wonder how many could raise over $33 million for flood relief while they were injured, JJ Watt did two years ago. I wonder how many would volunteer to pay for all of  the funerals of kids killed in a school shooting, again, JJ Watt did .   Most front rank NFL players form their own foundations where they place many miillions for charitable causes.  How many soccer jessies do that?  Maybe they do, but I never hear of it.

Like I say, NFL is a mans sport.  Soccer, well, that just isn't.  For all that, those of you that enjoy it, I hope thast you have an entertaining few weeks. 

8 minutes ago, Tripp said:

That old chestnut again.

Otherwise many more of them would die. It's  a full contact sport, played at full speed, by Olympic style athletes (at least the ones away from the line of scrimmage). in other words a Gladatorial sport, a sport of real men, not jessies who fall over when anyone comes within a yard of them, screaming for their Mummy and clutching at their apparently broken leg.

I wonder how many soccer players would give up a whole year's salary to their charitable foundation, including their Championship  bonus, running to many millions of dollars ?  Chris Long did last year. I wonder how many could raise over $33 million for flood relief while they were injured, JJ Watt did two years ago. I wonder how many would volunteer to pay for all of  the funerals of kids killed in a school shooting, again, JJ Watt did .   Most front rank NFL players form their own foundations where they place many miillions for charitable causes.  How many soccer jessies do that?  Maybe they do, but I never hear of it.

Like I say, NFL is a mans sport.  Soccer, well, that just isn't.  For all that, those of you that enjoy it, I hope thast you have an entertaining few weeks. 

Aww bless em !

12 minutes ago, Tripp said:

That old chestnut again.

I concur that most “soccer “ players act like big jessies (thought that was a UK term ),but NFL players are jessies imo as well,Rugby is a mans game,full contact played by athletes,without a crash helmet in sight ! 

51 minutes ago, Balamory said:

I concur that most “soccer “ players act like big jessies (thought that was a UK term ),but NFL players are jessies imo as well,Rugby is a mans game,full contact played by athletes,without a crash helmet in sight ! 

Yes, I agree. From what I can tell, so is Aussie Rules Football.  Soccer isn't

What's soccer? That's the real football played with feet, not the one where a "real" armoured man grabs a spheroidal shaped "ball" in his hands and runs for his life. How does it justify the name? Not played with feet, not a ball which is a sphere.

And I live in America :Party1:

1 hour ago, Tripp said:

That old chestnut again.

Just a shame it's boring as fuck :)

2 hours ago, Balamory said:

I thought football is what the Americans play and soccer is what we play? Not sure, I always called it soccer!

54 minutes ago, Tripp said:

Yes, I agree. From what I can tell, so is Aussie Rules Football.  Soccer isn't

I got fairly hooked on Aussie rules watching over lunch in Retox,but Aussie rugby league,now those guys are tough with a capital T ,and I’m a pom! 

18 minutes ago, WalterA said:

I thought football is what the Americans play and soccer is what we play? Not sure, I always called it soccer!

Well bloody don’t then ! :P

Archived