IGNORED

Areca Lodge Hotel question

DeadAndAlive

On 17/10/2018 at 07:49, vivid2 said:

Great pics. In the background I noticed all of the steel being erected at Mike Shopping Mall. I believe I heard that they were adding a hotel to the building. Anyone know how high they’re going and what the finished project will be?

A very classy refurb. Thanks for posting @striderman :Bravo1:

On 20/10/2018 at 13:13, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

A very classy refurb. Thanks for posting @striderman :Bravo1:

808066688_22oct012(Custom).JPG.8279c15102806acdfe334746e4c3dc7e.JPG

the cosmetic work goes on.............the other side

798604375_22oct013(Custom).JPG.bebd21e6221f4a68508a7b91564b78df.JPG

4 hours ago, striderman said:

808066688_22oct012(Custom).JPG.8279c15102806acdfe334746e4c3dc7e.JPG

Nice pics.  They’ve installed those same roll up clear plastic curtains that the baht buses use in the heavy rains. Great to keep the customers dry.

Edited by vivid2

Just now, vivid2 said:

Nice pics.  They’ve installed those same roll up clear plastic curtains that the baht buses use in the heavy rains. Great to keep the customers dry.

yeah it was a bit early in the morning so the place was not open when i took that pic

I’ve stayed there twice but I’ve always wondered if we bring a guest back to our room are they allowed to use the pool? I do apologise if I’ve posted in the wrong section 

@Jonjon34 if you have booked your room for 2 you can bring 1 lady with you for breakfast and the pool.

If you are bringing a second lady you will be charged 500 bath that covers breakfast and pool access for the next day.

So Areca is lady friendly but they charge you extra for the 2 second lady.

But if you bring 10 ladies a day one at a time they wont charge you :GrinNod1:

I love Bare Breasts and Cunt In Pattaya - ℹ️ 😍 🥧

59 minutes ago, newbee09 said:

@Jonjon34 if you have booked your room for 2 you can bring 1 lady with you for breakfast and the pool.

If you are bringing a second lady you will be charged 500 bath that covers breakfast and pool access for the next day.

Cheers mate! 

5 hours ago, Jonjon34 said:

I’ve stayed there twice but I’ve always wondered if we bring a guest back to our room are they allowed to use the pool? I do apologise if I’ve posted in the wrong section 

No problem, they are allowed at the pool.

Just take a walk/look at both pools and you see all the guest that have been brought back to the hotel.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

• 1 month later...

Hey,

Do Areca Lodge still have an age restriction on a girl you can bring back?

I recall it was 20 years old and up before but not sure if still the case.

• 1 month later...

I confirmed with the front desk and they verified it's 18+. Plus an extra 500 baht for second guest, if you bring to back two

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

Can you use the Areca Lodge pool if your not staying at the hotel. Some friends are staying there in September so l thought l could pop down and visit a couple of afternoons Obviously l expect to make a donation for use of facilities 

Edited by Imlooking4fun

3 minutes ago, Imlooking4fun said:

Can you use the Areca Lodge pool if your not staying at the hotel. Some friends are staying there in September so l thought l could pop down and visit a couple of afternoons Obviously l expect to make a Donation for use of facilities 

If you’re visiting your friends and they go to use the pool then I really can’t see any issues at all. Just go along with them, don’t make it too obvious that you’re a visitor, and you’ll be fine.

• Like 2

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

On 24/10/2018 at 09:47, newbee09 said:

Oh yes :D

DSC_0028_1.JPG.0d3ec0e5b99d814871759be8410b6a82.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 5 months later...

E-mail from Areca Management: We are pleased to inform you that the Areca wing will be open 1st November 2019. Room type are Standard Plus room, Deluxe Plus room, Executive room.

It sounds like the renovations are nearly complete at the Areca Lodge.  I just booked 9 nights for my December trip.  From the room description they have finally removed the damn bathtub and now have a walk-in shower. 

It doesn't appear that you can book on Agoda yet, but you can directly through the Areca website and they have ACE Club rates as well.  Cost for a Plus room (Standard room with pool view) are the same as the Super Deluxe Evergreen Rooms. 

Looks like an upgrade from the current setup!  :Party1:

areca1.PNG.c3e99fa1ead3c0e8a4d247749b43d724.PNG

room.jpg

room2.jpg

I like the renovations/makeover. checked my dates on Agoda and the information reflects the new rooms.

However when i check the Areca Lodge website, i see no mention of  the room makeovers, and the photos/descriptions seem to reflect the old rooms, unless I am missing something?

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

2 hours ago, Jagaar said:

I like the renovations/makeover. checked my dates on Agoda and the information reflects the new rooms.

However when i check the Areca Lodge website, i see no mention of  the room makeovers, and the photos/descriptions seem to reflect the old rooms, unless I am missing something?

I don't think they are going to update their website until the remodel is finished in the front Areca building. When I was there two weeks ago I was shown one of the new rooms that @direct_voyage has posted. And yes they are shower only now. The only things I didn't check was to see if the sinks in the bathroom now had hot water. I know there has been a lot of negative on that, but for wasn't much trouble to just use hot water from the tub.

I'm back in December had have a room booked in one of the new rooms.

LeoTex

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

• 4 weeks later...

hey gents, ive just booked my 1 week stay at Areca (Thur Nov 14 - Thur Nov 21) and was hoping i could get some guidance on the best area to stay in, as far as Deluxe Rooms are concerned. 

Whenever i book a hotel, i always send a quick email to reception a few days before arriving. In that email i tend ask if i can be put in a particular area of the hotel / certain wing / have a room facing xyz etc.. If i ask nicely, nine times out of ten, they accommodate me. I know all hotels have an optimal and suboptimal part, for the same price rooms (ie. some rooms face another building, some a pool, and some are in the arse end of the hotel next to the alley etc.

I was wondering if Areca is like that too? I have been reading about different parts of wings, different pools, different buildings and that theres a bunch of construction going on.

This will be my first time staying at Areca (and thailand for that matter). And i was wondering if any of you Areca regulars can advise me on what i should be asking for (assuming i have a choice of course)? For example, is there an optimal part of the hotel to stay at if you've booked a Deluxe Room in the Corona Wing? I hate those showers with the bathtubs and maybe there are some Deluxe rooms that have walk-in showers?

Anyway, any help would be really appreciated. I can see there are a lot of people who have stayed there on this forum, so maybe there are those that have an intimate knowledge of the hotel's layout who can shed some light.

Thanks !

Edited by Rob8489
typo

1 hour ago, Rob8489 said:

hey gents, ive just booked my 1 week stay at Areca (Thur Nov 14 - Thur Nov 21) and was hoping i could get some guidance on the best area to stay in, as far as Deluxe Rooms are concerned. 

Thanks !

In the newly remodeled Areca Building all the Deluxe Rooms are the ones overlooking the pool in the front by the lobby. Only choices you may have is what floor. I prefer floor 4 or 5.

In the Corona Building ( middle one), all the Deluxe rooms are the ones looking over larger pool in the back. Again only choices are what floor you may get.

I'm booked there for Christmas/New Years again this year.

LeoTex

thanks for that LeoTex

17 minutes ago, LeoTex said:

In the Corona Building ( middle one), all the Deluxe rooms are the ones looking over larger pool in the back. Again only choices are what floor you may get

If that is the case, what is the best floor to stay on?

Also, i assume all the Deluxe rooms in the Corona wing look over the larger pool? 

1 minute ago, Rob8489 said:

thanks for that LeoTex

If that is the case, what is the best floor to stay on?

Also, i assume all the Deluxe rooms in the Corona wing look over the larger pool? 

I stayed in the Corona Building last 2 trips because of the remodel of the Areca Building.

I had the same room on the 5th floor. Good view of the pool and the surrounding area.

As always I prefer the Areca Building in the front. Looking forward to the newly remodeled rooms next month.

LeoTex

• Like 2

I'm looking to book for 2 weeks end of January.  How do I ensure I get a room with walk in shower 

22 hours ago, tobeornottobe said:

I'm looking to book for 2 weeks end of January.  How do I ensure I get a room with walk in shower 

Anyone