Areca Lodge Hotel question

DeadAndAlive

today with an artists impression

5b399f5dc103b_2july035(Custom).JPG.195c0f3d57390099a6335677a6948f8a.JPG

5b399f746ef4c_2july038(Custom).JPG.139227def157c3c1954c19eb600acfe2.JPG

looks to me like another wing

5b399f9564d1c_2july037(Custom).JPG.1d137ebf259aacdff474b23106ef1944.JPG

• Like 1

they ain't hanging about by today the front bit looked like this..................

5b3b7a8d625ba_3july011(Custom).JPG.4563d5c2d00f685f51220e7a148ca39f.JPG

shrubs etc going in front

On 20/06/2018 at 18:13, DeadAndAlive said:

Yes I saw that already but how do I know that Evergreen wing is the one with the "Cabana pool" (the one on the photo I posted) ?

This is not my day. No matter which dates I choose, Agoda says "sold out" . I've tried 10 different sets of dates throughout 2018 and 2019. Very popular hotel?

Try booking.com

Yes I saw that already but how do I know that Evergreen wing is the one with the "Cabana pool" (the one on the photo I posted) ?

The Evergreen wing actually overlooks the Blue Ocean pool, which is much larger and newer than the Cabana pool. But there is no restriction when you stay at Areca Lodge.......any guest staying in any room can use either pool.

The hotel was built in phases, and the Corona pool was the original. As the hotel got more and more popular and successful they added additional rooms and a second pool.
  • Like 1

The long walk to the evergreen block is a pain in the ass, prefer the block facing Soi Diana.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Living sober,clean and staying away from loose women doesn't make a man live any longer. It just fucking feels like it.

14 hours ago, raviinc said:

The long walk to the evergreen block is a pain in the ass, prefer the block facing Soi Diana.

Yes, I cannot disagree with that. What’s the quality of the rooms like in the olde two wings compared to Evergreen?

Depends where your going, back of evergreen that road takes you to buakhao pretty easy... nice and quiet and the other way you can cut thru the mall to 2nd road. I didnt know that so walked the whole way around till i hit 2nd rd a few times 555

Having said all that though i still mostly walked thru areca to get to soi diana

• Like 2

Yes, I cannot disagree with that. What’s the quality of the rooms like in the olde two wings compared to Evergreen?

The rooms are basic, decent size, and a little run down compared to the Evergreen because its a older block. The rates are also less compared to evergreen. The pool view rooms in the older block are worth the price and pretty comfortable. The breakfast room the older block is open til 10.30 as compared to 9.30 at the evergreen.

• Thanks 1

Living sober,clean and staying away from loose women doesn't make a man live any longer. It just fucking feels like it.

I have stayed many times there, but as some have said its showing its age in the room as far as the furniture and room fitting. And I am taking about the newer one at the back which is the Evergreen.

In June this year I had to see three room and settle for one which was the better slightly, as the others had bits of wood deep chips on the floor and the sofas stained badly. It’s just the typical Thai hotel syndrome that just let the room wear down and lose customers to newer hotels being built. Like hotels I stayed in at Soi 13 before.     

• Like 1

Oh, and just to added, for the guys that want to use the gym this also is showing wear. As some equipment is not working and missing barbell weights sets and many need attentions as the plates are lose on the barbell.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, SteveB said:

Oh, and just to added, for the guys that want to use the gym this also is showing wear. As some equipment is not working and missing barbell weights sets and many need attentions as the plates are lose on the barbell.  

Another note is that the gym isn't open 24 hours.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, skink said:

Another note is that the gym isn't open 24 hours.

19:00 hrs I think,  same as the pools

• Like 1

Areca is probably my favorite hotel in Patts for the combination of location/quality/price.  It's damn hard to beat.  

Last trip I ended up in a "Superior" room which all have a Japanese style bed and these rooms are in the Evergreen tower.  If you're not a fan of a Japanese style room then avoid the room labeled as "Superior" - they're all in the Evergreen Tower.  

Next trip I'm going to pay the extra baht and go with an Executive room since I know I'll be in the front (Areca) Tower.   The time saving of being from my room to Soi Diana in under a minute will be well worth the room premium. 

Edited by vivalv2001

Question for the Areca Ace Club members here....

Can advance reservations be modified or cancelled without penalty?   The verbiage on the website is a bit unclear as it only states 

• "Amendment or Cancellation must be made in written notice to provided email or contact form in the website."

today with an artists impression

looks to me like another wing

5b399f9564d1c_2july037(Custom).JPG.1d137ebf259aacdff474b23106ef1944.JPG

I've been here for about a week, and I spoke to the manager this morning about the project.

The artists impression isn’t very clear at all. The project is just rebuilding the restaurant, the outside bar, and upgrading the front entry. The restaurant was functionally obsolete, and at one time actually included a “Hair lounge”. No guest rooms are being added, and the project is slated to be completed by October. The project actually has zero impact on my stay; I can’t hear any noise in my room and there are 3 other restaurants and a bar throughout the hotel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

it does look more initing now they are upgrading the entrance to the front but it would be much better if they took the old small baths out of the rooms and put in new showers nice hotel though 

• Like 3