Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Areca Lodge Hotel question

DeadAndAlive

This hotel seems to have tow different lobbies and pool areas. Is it like there's a new section to the hotel and an old one? If I specifically want to stay in the new section, (I guess it's the one on the attached picture), how do I go about booking it? On Agoda there doesn't seem to be rooms specifically directed to an old vs. a new section of the hotel.

60009_14061111050019785632.jpg?s=1024x76

13 minutes ago, hammerman said:

Evergreen rooms or building is the more modern part.

Can't see any reference to "Evergreen" anywhere on the website?

I stayed for there for just over 2 weeks recently. Booked a 'Deluxe Pool View Room' via Agoda and was put in the Corona Wing overlooking the big pool (great pool!). Nice enough room, maybe starting to show it's age. Shower in the bath was a bit annoying, especially as it was like a fucking jet.

Also having to go to reception to sign ladies in was a pain in the arse. I would stay there again though, if the budget allowed.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DeadAndAlive said:

Can't see any reference to "Evergreen" anywhere on the website?

Go onto website, look at rooms as though booking, super deluxe, top right of photo tells you where room is.

Edited by hammerman

6 minutes ago, hammerman said:

Go onto website, look at rooms as though booking, super deluxe, top right of photo tells you where room is.

Which website is that? I'm using Agoda

20 minutes ago, daytripperz said:

I stayed for there for just over 2 weeks recently. Booked a 'Deluxe Pool View Room' via Agoda and was put in the Corona Wing overlooking the big pool (great pool!). Nice enough room, maybe starting to show it's age. Shower in the bath was a bit annoying, especially as it was like a fucking jet.

Also having to go to reception to sign ladies in was a pain in the arse. I would stay there again though, if the budget allowed.

How do you choose a wing yourself?

5 minutes ago, DeadAndAlive said:

How do you choose a wing yourself?

I have no idea lol. Sorry! :unsure:

http://www.arecalodge.com/

You need to book the 'Superior Room' if the website is correct.

Edited by daytripperz

8 minutes ago, daytripperz said:

I have no idea lol. Sorry! :unsure:

http://www.arecalodge.com/

You need to book the 'Superior Room' if the website is correct.

Ok, but how can i be sure that "Evergreen" is the new section?

6 minutes ago, DeadAndAlive said:

Ok, but how can i be sure that "Evergreen" is the new section?

Evergreen is the new wing. The one next to reception and overlooking the small pool is the Areca Wing. The next one along is the Corona wing where I stayed. The Evergreen wing is a bit of a trot to reception and you'd be better off using the entrance on Soi 15.

If you look on their website and click though each room option it states which wing at the top right of the page.

Edited by daytripperz
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, daytripperz said:

Evergreen is the new wing. The one next to reception and overlooking the small pool is the Areca Wing. The next one along is the Corona wing where I stayed. The Evergreen wing is a bit of a trot to reception and you'd be better off using the entrance on Soi 15.

If you look on their website and click though each room option it states which wing at the top right of the page.

Yes I saw that already but how do I know that Evergreen wing is the one with the "Cabana pool" (the one on the photo I posted) ?

This is not my day. No matter which dates I choose, Agoda says "sold out" . I've tried 10 different sets of dates throughout 2018 and 2019. Very popular hotel?

2 minutes ago, DeadAndAlive said:

Yes I saw that already but how do I know that Evergreen wing is the one with the "Cabana pool" (the one on the photo I posted) ?

This is not my day. No matter which dates I choose, Agoda says "sold out" . I've tried 10 different sets of dates throughout 2018 and 2019. Very popular hotel?

The one you posted is next to reception. The Evergreen Wing is nearer the other pool, which is nicer anyway imo :)

It is popular, but it didn't seem overly busy while I was there.

4 minutes ago, daytripperz said:

The one you posted is next to reception. The Evergreen Wing is nearer the other pool, which is nicer anyway imo :)

It is popular, but it didn't seem overly busy while I was there.

Yeah I think theres an error on the Agoda website. CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!

Here you go. Go to the hotel's website. www.arecalodge.com and click on the 'rates' and this shows up.

The pool in the OP is the front section between the lobby and the front restaurant. The other pool is in the back section of the hotel, between the Corona  and the Evergreen sections. There also a second restaurant off the lobby in the Evergreen section.

I stay there every trips (4 a year) in one of the Deluxe Rooms.

LeoTex

BTW, check out the Ace Membership for reduced rates, you can get the member ship thru the hotel. If you book with Agoda or one of the other booking agents, you will not the Ace rate. The cost pays for itself after staying a few nights.

ROOM TYPE TOWER 2017 2017 - 2018 2018 1 Mar - 31 Oct 2018
1 Nov - 19 Dec 20 Dec - 15 Jan 16 Jan - 28 Feb
Standard Areca & Corona 2,300 2,600 2,300 2,000
Deluxe Areca & Corona 2,400 2,700 2,400 2,100
Superior Evergreen 2,500 2,800 2,500 2,200
Super Deluxe Evergreen 2,650 2,950 2,650 2,350
Executive Areca 3,200 3,500 3,200 2,900
Luxury Evergreen 3,800 4,100 3,800 3,500
Patio Suite Evergreen 6,200 6,800 6,200 5,800
Edited by LeoTex
  • Like 3

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

20 minutes ago, LeoTex said:

Here you go. Go to the hotel's website. www.arecalodge.com and click on the 'rates' and this shows up.

The pool in the OP is the front section between the lobby and the front restaurant. The other pool is in the back section of the hotel, between the Corona  and the Evergreen sections. There also a second restaurant off the lobby in the Evergreen section.

I stay there every trips (4 a year) in one of the Deluxe Rooms.

LeoTex

BTW, check out the Ace Membership for reduced rates, you can get the member ship thru the hotel. If you book with Agoda or one of the other booking agents, you will not the Ace rate. The cost pays for itself after staying a few nights.

ROOM TYPE TOWER 2017 2017 - 2018 2018 1 Mar - 31 Oct 2018
1 Nov - 19 Dec 20 Dec - 15 Jan 16 Jan - 28 Feb
Standard Areca & Corona 2,300 2,600 2,300 2,000
Deluxe Areca & Corona 2,400 2,700 2,400 2,100
Superior Evergreen 2,500 2,800 2,500 2,200
Super Deluxe Evergreen 2,650 2,950 2,650 2,350
Executive Areca 3,200 3,500 3,200 2,900
Luxury Evergreen 3,800 4,100 3,800 3,500
Patio Suite Evergreen 6,200 6,800 6,200 5,800

But the prices at Agoda are much cheaper. The problem is though that the room types in that table does not correlate with the names on Agoda

10 minutes ago, DeadAndAlive said:

But the prices at Agoda are much cheaper. The problem is though that the room types in that table does not correlate with the names on Agoda

All the 'Standard' and Deluxe" rooms on the Agoda site are in the older Areca and Corona buildings. They are listed as twin or double Standard/Deluxe. Which refers to twins beds or large bed. The only difference in these 2 rooms is the Deluxe has a pool view, both are same size rooms.

I booked my July room when I was there in April. I got the deluxe with Ace Membership for 1580 a nights. I don't know what your dates are, but looks like a lot of their choices are sold out end of June and first part of July.

Don't forget that on Agoda, there is an extra 17% charge when you book. The rates above include taxes.

Also look for any specials they have on their site. A lot of times in the past I got a good reduction in price when I booked for 5 nights or more.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

14 minutes ago, LeoTex said:

All the 'Standard' and Deluxe" rooms on the Agoda site are in the older Areca and Corona buildings. They are listed as twin or double Standard/Deluxe. Which refers to twins beds or large bed. The only difference in these 2 rooms is the Deluxe has a pool view, both are same size rooms.

I booked my July room when I was there in April. I got the deluxe with Ace Membership for 1580 a nights. I don't know what your dates are, but looks like a lot of their choices are sold out end of June and first part of July.

Don't forget that on Agoda, there is an extra 17% charge when you book. The rates above include taxes.

Also look for any specials they have on their site. A lot of times in the past I got a good reduction in price when I booked for 5 nights or more.

LeoTex

Okay thanks, it's not for my next trip but the trip after that, so I think I will just go in there on my next trip and look around and make my decision on which room I like and book for the next trip. Maybe they will give me a good price if I book for 2 weeks.

24 minutes ago, striderman said:

5b32430d7a12f_26june013(Custom).JPG.39b6d073b3119717fc18a357ca254a76.JPG

I had a drink at that bar on the first night of my recent trip. A couple of days later it wasn't there anymore!

• Haha 2

Stayed in the Evergreen wing for two weeks in March on my first trip.  Thinking of booking again for a week in Novemeber, but not if there's construction going on.  Anybody know when this is supposed to be done?

Maybe I'll try a new place.

Stayed in the Evergreen wing for two weeks in March on my first trip.  Thinking of booking again for a week in Novemeber, but not if there's construction going on.  Anybody know when this is supposed to be done?
Maybe I'll try a new place.

The construction is out in front of the main reception building, and it’s a long, long, long way from the Evergreen wing. Unless you have ears like Batman you won’t hear a thing.b635f6d360fc996ef4fbfd109c45f61c.jpg

They're just doing the bar?  Oh no worries then.  It's down to Sea Me Too or Areca for the second trip this year.  Anybody stay in both willing to compare?

they are using a lot of plant and a lot of labour on the work at the diana front entrance and where the outside bar stood. they are not hanging around and will deffo be done before november.