IGNORED

Agoda- Edit Reservation.

SixxD

I just booked an 8 night stay through Agoda at Acqua in Pattaya. Their website said that the deluxe room had a King size bed. After booking I looked on Acqua’s home website and it said it’s a double bed. Only concerned because I am 6’5”/265. In my reservation receipts it says any changes and I’ll still be charged for the full reservation. 

Mid I contact the hotel directly do you think I can change my room and avoid the fee? 

The first thing I would do is contact Agoda and ask them to clarify directly with the hotel what the bed size is. Should it transpire that the double is 'queen-size', then you are then able to request that Agoda change your room at no penalty cost (just the extra to upgrade to - say - a deluxe).

Coincidentally, I got a full refund for the Acqua from Expedia Thailand - on a non refundable booking. I had received an email saying the pool is closed for a 2 week refurbishment. I contacted Expedia who double checked with the hotel and the refund was in my bank account within 48 hours.

There are two different size "King Bed".

One is 6ft x 6ft Normally Thai so named king size.

And one is 6.5 ft x 6ft European so named king size.

You can find both in accommodation in Thailand so you would really need to ask if 6x6 or 6.5x6 to be sure of the size and not just ask if King size.

For the record all my apartments are real king size 6.5ft x 6ft.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

So I called Agoda....they called the hotel and double checked. Turns out it is a king and the hotels website has it listed incorrectly. 

Also as a heads up you may be waiting 25-30 minutes to speak to a representative. 

Thanks for the recomendations guys. 

8 hours ago, SixxD said:

So I called Agoda....they called the hotel and double checked. Turns out it is a king and the hotels website has it listed incorrectly. 

Also as a heads up you may be waiting 25-30 minutes to speak to a representative. 

Thanks for the recomendations guys. 

Expedia Thailand answered my call straightaway.

Glad you got things sorted out mate.

Archived