IGNORED

Business Class Seat Bonus

SteveM

I travel business class London to Pattaya twice a year.

Well it seems i have been upgraded in Etihad membership.

In reading my new entitlements, i am guaranteed a seat on a fully booked flight? 

Nice extra to have, but i don't see how they can make that promise?

They’ll make you pay the full Biz fare and kick someone off who’s paid a lower special biz fare.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Nearly all airlines offer this to top tier FF's

As above the rub is you have to be paying the full up max published price for the seat

In the rarest of rare occasions that this is bought into play the lowest value passenger gets bumped to provide the seat

Most airlines overbook flights because there is a certain percentage of no-shows: either because people change their minds, get sick, miss connections or whatever. So for many flights, the number of seats sold may exceed the actual number of seats on the plane. Usually this is not a problem; in rare cases there are more passengers than seats, and then the airline would offer some compensation to volunteers who are willing to take a later flight. Only very rarely are passengers offload involuntarily. This is how airlines can guarantee that their frequent flyers can have a seat no matter what.

As far as I remember that assures you an economy class seat and not a business one but Etihad have been changing their conditions so much recently that it may have changed since. Flights are very rarely 100% full.

Archived