Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Post a great sporting picture

Guest Qwert06

For great sporting pics I have to go with a human highlight reel.

Pelé was there ever any better?

Now here's one for the hockey fans.

Although the above may be recognized as the most famous photograph in New England sports history, or for that matter, all of hockey history, many may not know the story behind the photograph.

It was taken by a veteran photographer, the late Ray Lussier of Atkinson, N.H. Ray started his career in 1964, briefly working for the old Haverhill Journal before the paper folded. Now shooting for the old Boston Record-American he found himself in the right place at the right time!!

Here, Bobby Orr scored his first Stanley Cup-winning goal for the Bruins. It was only 40 seconds into overtime and Orr's magical split-second flying-through-the-air is a moment in time immortalized by Lussier's camera. So many who recognize this photograph were not even born at the time it was taken.

The venue was Boston Garden. It was Game 4 of the Stanley Cup finals against St. Louis. Outside the arean, it was a hot 93-degree afternoon on a Sunday in May, the 10th, 1970 - Mother's Day. A goal by Johnny Bucyk evened up the score at 3 all forcing overtime. The Bruins first Cup in 29 years finally seemed anything but elusive and as a bonus could be earned on home ice.

41621-8868.jpg

The Greatest

Muhummad Ali

1960s

Pictured here winning the title from Sonny Liston in 25 February 1964, Ali (who was known as Cassius Clay at this point) became arguably the sporting icon of the 20th century. After beating Liston, he remarked: �I upset Sonny Liston, and I just turned 22-years-old - I must be the greatest.�

Edited by Franky

How about famous baseball shots.

Babe Ruth's called shot was the home run hit by Babe Ruth in the fifth inning of Game 3 of the 1932 World Series, held on October 1, 1932 at Wrigley Field in Chicago. During the at-bat, Ruth made a pointing gesture. Although this is not confirmed, the story goes that Ruth pointed to the center field bleachers during the at-bat. It was supposedly a declaration that he would hit a home run to this part of the park. On the next pitch, Ruth hit a home run to center field.

Can't find a pic right now, but I was in the Tank for this "Called Shot":

San Francisco Cocksucka !!!

"Hey, you ever hear, Tom, the Chinese whore has a ancient way of milking ya of yer sorrow, your loneliness and that awful feeling of bein’ forsaken?"

"Seems to me that’d leave you with nothing."

42517-8805.jpg

Anyone remember the World Cup 2002?

"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream, it's my nightmare. Crawling, slipping along the edge of a straight razor and surviving...."

this is why i love sports...THE CHEERLEADERS....

hot asian laker girl....

1lakergirls.jpg

new england patriots...

ImgDyn.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Braveheart to answer your question "was there ever anyone better?"

IMHO this guy was! But I'm biased.

Best6.jpg

We'll call ourselves "the symbolics" I'll be sym.

I think this will be great a sporting moment...Heres one for the scousers as its a big week for them come on you reds.....

rawk1_1_.jpg

Rafa_20Elvis_1_.jpg

Braveheart:

Thank you very much for that picture. I remember those days very well and that picture brings back the best memories of my childhood. Your right my friend, that is New Englands most famous picture.....ever. To this day, you can walk down the street and chat with just about anyone about that game and they'll remember it all!

I miss hockey and it's glory. I miss the beer and my uncles (and aunts, we're a hockey family) sitting around the television while the game was on, talking about past glory's and defeats to the only rival team that really mattered....The Montreal Canadians. Man, you could cut the anxiety with a damn knife when they were coming to town!

Kaiju

"The attack means war, war with a knife and the knife twisted as it is withdrawn."

48869-7934.jpg

Double Gold Medalist. 2006 Mongering Olympics

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry Chelsea fans couldn't resist it :GrinNod1:

post-3-1178793667_thumbjpg