Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Areca Lodge advertised promotion

JonnyR

Hi guys,

Back a couple of weeks from Patts and while I was there noticed there was a sign outside the Areca Lodge which advertised a low room rate, something like 700 or 1100 and and 038 number to call.

Regrettably I did not take a photo of the promotion, but has anyone any info on it or has anyone availed of this promotional rate?

Irish by Birth; Munster by Grace of God.

To the Brave and the Faithful, Nothing is Impossible.

CountdownClockCodes.com

Made enquirers last time I was in town Feb 

I was told by receptionist very small room with no window 

Didnt actually view the room 

2 hours ago, 40 nil said:

Made enquirers last time I was in town Feb 

I was told by receptionist very small room with no window 

Didnt actually view the room 

Yes, I made the same inquiry and got the exact same response. 'Very small, no window'...wasn't exactly selling a dream stay to me :Laugh1: 

Hi guys,
Back a couple of weeks from Patts and while I was there noticed there was a sign outside the Areca Lodge which advertised a low room rate, something like 700 or 1100 and and 038 number to call.
Regrettably I did not take a photo of the promotion, but has anyone any info on it or has anyone availed of this promotional rate?

There is a room on each floor that was intended to be for the housekeeping staff....so they are built in a tiny interior space without windows and without a glass door or balcony. So it's really like a closet rather than a hotel room.

Somehow they decided that they could monetize the spaces rather than let the maids stay in them. The room rate doesn’t include WiFi or breakfast.

Frankly, I don’t think that I could stay in a sealed dark room without windows. There are many guest houses that are comparable in price, and they have windows.

Sign clearly indicates breakfast included vivid2?

Also, both Areca's have the same sign in front, did they also build maid rooms without window in 2nd Areca?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, vivid2 said:

There is a room on each floor that was intended to be for the housekeeping staff....so they are built in a tiny interior space without windows and without a glass door or balcony. So it's really like a closet rather than a hotel room.

Somehow they decided that they could monetize the spaces rather than let the maids stay in them. The room rate doesn’t include WiFi or breakfast.

Frankly, I don’t think that I could stay in a sealed dark room without windows. There are many guest houses that are comparable in price, and they have windows.

Wow....didn't realize that was the 'offer'. Sort of explains the negative reaction I got at reception when I enquired about the cheap rooms.

Sign clearly indicates breakfast included vivid2?

Also, both Areca's have the same sign in front, did they also build maid rooms without window in 2nd Areca?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

You're right about the breakfast....my bad. I thought someone else mentioned that no breakfast was included, and I didn’t really read the sign.

And I don't know which of the buildings that price applies to...because there are actually 3 buildings; the original one closest to Soi Diana (Areca), then the next one back is Corona, and the one farthest away with an additional entrance on Soi 15 is Evergreen.

The regular rooms in Areca and Corona are about 344 square feet each, but Evergreen’s rooms are much larger at about 430 square feet each.

On 6/15/2018 at 14:19, vivid2 said:

There are many guest houses that are comparable in price, and they have windows.

They have windows AND balcony in that area.

For me,this is the scam promotion.

Yes i agree i inquired and was dragged down to the 3rd building and and told need to pay for the room plus 1000 dep. So i i walked on

On 6/14/2018 at 21:38, regyai said:

Was there a compulsory iron mask you had to wear as well?

;)

Compulsory as in free?!  Sounds like a good deal!  I heard they charge extra for that over at the Devil's Den :D 

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 02:19, vivid2 said:

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 09:05, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Wow....didn't realize that was the 'offer'. Sort of explains the negative reaction I got at reception when I enquired about the cheap rooms.

The rooms are located in the Evergreen building in the back.

I got the same reaction from lobby staff when I asked to see the room. They were embarrassed to show me the room. When he bellboy took me up to the room, he told me that I would like it and he was right. 

If I remember correctly, they told me the room for one person, but did include breakfast.

What was said, there are a lot of guest houses that are a whole lot better (larger) for the same price.

LeoTex 

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

Archived